Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003/2004 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC - GEU Controversy

I guess I should wade in and give my one sided opinion. :D

as for the game ... i didn't think GEU played as bad as Bertrum made it out to be....they defintely had more chances on net and hit the bar twice while barely grazing it a couple of other times.

Our keeper played very well in the first half and made at least 4 key saves that kept us in it. GEU controlled the ball more and again were very tough to beat in the air.....but I thought our defense played well expect for a couple of breakdowns. We had a few counter attack chances but nothing on net. The second half started with us getting an early break away, but it looks like Millsy got a hand or foot on it. Missed chance that would hurt us.

Then the "Controversial" goal....floater shot from 35 out....i got a good view cuz I was about the 18 yd line...and the linesmen was about 20 - 25 yds out. The way I saw it....our keeps had 1 foot a good yard in the net and the other was about a foot behind the line....no doubt both feet were behind the goal line ...however he was leaning forward while cradling the ball in his chest. Was it clearly over the line ??? Hard to say 50/50...but no way the lineman makes that call....I told him after the game that I thought he was out of position and his angle would have been detremental in making a conclusive claim that it crossed the line.

Tough call, could have gone either way, I would not have called it and it defintely would have been a instant video replay challenge....where are the fcuking cameras when you need them ;):D

Our boyz fought back after that but GEU had some more chances to score their 2nd before we got the tying goal with about 10 or so left. I don't have a comment on the 2nd GEU goal cuz I was behind the net.

Tough loss...we'll learn from it and be stronger....It was one of our better games and I think a tie would have been a good result for us but unlucky today.

Bertrum - as for the young lads ... they told me some geu players had made some comments about us being in last place after the game....I don't know what happened but I think it was just some frustration....maybe both sides were a little out of line :) .. but next time the lad wants to go to war he should take me with him ;) :D I need some combat missions.

PS - I watched the last 30 minutes of the game behind the fcuking chain fence cuz those bastards on GEU kept kicking the ball over the moon and into Newton #4 :mad::p.....i hate it when i'm the ball boy :mad: :D

Martin and the men in yellow had it tough today and took a berating from us......they had to make some tough calls and they just didn't go our way tonight......maybe i should give them free mitts before the game next time....would that help ??? ;) :D I wouldn't call it the worst officiating but there were some calls and non calls i disagreed with.

Big T:cool:

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
geu sufc

Yes alot of controversy over the two goals geu scored yet not much talk about the goal that sufc scored. clearly offside that the linesman missed. geu 2nd goal was clearly on side as I had a pretty good view of it:D :D anyways not a great performance all around by geu including from the sidelines as our coach pulled another beauty last night asking players at half time "who would like to come off the park" shocking. anyways it is better to look bad and win, than to look good and lose :rolleyes: :rolleyes: home to the grove next week

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes alot of controversy over the two goals geu scored yet not much talk about the goal that sufc scored. clearly offside that the linesman missed.

hey Can I was sitting in my car watching the second half that's why I have no comment on your two goals since I couldn't tell from my position.......but the SUFC goal was not offside......your guy in the middle ran back with him and kept him on before stepping up.......I say this because it happened right in front of me........SUFC really didn't look as bad as their record suggests.......then again I haven't seen them play any other games

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
justice? or revenge

Originally posted by ArroyoBunk
The ' mighty lions' have been tamed.
A 6-1 thrashing at the hands of the Rapids seems to have inspired some long overdue humbling of certain TTP personalities, i need not name names.
Honestly, i was expecting a battle last night and i must admit that the lions seemed somewhat sketchy, not at all like our first encounter back in september.
Ty, Shorty, Cam, and Nev all played their best match of the season to date. Well done boys! Now let's get ready for Poco next week.
Peace.

:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

There is a funny thing about lion taming, when you think it's tamed and you feel like you are in control, it jumps up and rips your head off, ask Roy.:D
Revenge is sweet and you guys deserve it you came out and executed. That game should have been a war, instead the lions had one of those nights, where for some reason we couldn't get it together. Doesn't change anything, to me you guys beat us on friday,badly, but you didn't humble the Lions, you have to beat our A game inorder to do that. That was a D-.;)
The series is now tied, giving you guys the upper hand because you won more recently and by one more goal. You guys basically did what we did to you guys the first game.
We are yet to play this season to be honest, even in the games we've won we haven't really played our game. Maybe it's the Premier complex who knows.

Until we can rematch Arrow head, good game to you and your goons. Off to battle the nation at Mackie on friday. After a week of lion figuring out.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it's the Premier complex who knows.
Too many excuses coming from the Lions this year. I've got one. You aren't ready for Premier. Plain and simple. A good side? Yes. Ready for Premier? No.

Simple truth. Sorry.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
Too many excuses coming from the Lions this year. I've got one. You aren't ready for Premier. Plain and simple. A good side? Yes. Ready for Premier? No.

Simple truth. Sorry.

Yeah another lion excuse right after we said there are no excuses, k??:rolleyes: TheRob your opinion :rolleyes: is not an excuse but a reason. We never really made excuses we just pointed out the reasons, there is a difference, an excuse is an attempt to cover something up, a reason is the cause for an event or occurence. There really wasnt any excuse to lose to Chilli like that we simply didnt play, they did, we lost. The reason we lost... i think its cause of KNVB! If we're not ready for Premier than at the end of the year we'll be gone right? There is no excuse if we get relegated, well other than our missing players, and the Premier complex of course.:cool:

AlmostFamous

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 poco vs aldergrove

Ugly match, probably didnt deserve to win but these squeakers are what separate the men from the boys. Hard to get fired up for the bottom feeders. Down 1-0 with 30 mins to go and they score 2 softys to win. What happened in the langley pau game?

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2-1 poco vs aldergrove

Originally posted by AlmostFamous
Ugly match, probably didnt deserve to win but these squeakers are what separate the men from the boys. Hard to get fired up for the bottom feeders. Down 1-0 with 30 mins to go and they score 2 softys to win. What happened in the langley pau game?

Man you make as much sense as a French girl trying to put on an English accent. So did Poco win or did aldergrove win?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lufc

What happened in the langley pau game?

I didn't see the end but it was 4-NIL for PAU when I left. Langley was down a man due to a RED early (15 mins?) in.

Stupid Card.... for retaliation behind the play.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip and Cainy were lurking around a bit ago... I assumed they had lost when they didn't post.

Must have been 5-4 Langley :D

~Regs.

buhner

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2-1 poco vs aldergrove

well just got in from the poco game .. i do not no how the hell they are on top of the table they were just shocking .. aldergrove out worked them and out chanced them poco i thing little lucky to get out of this one .... if you guys play like that next week the wack will hammer you guys again .... final poco 2 ...aldergrove..1...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will say this about that card: perhaps unintelligent, but not something all of us haven't done many a time this season. Studsup fouled Robbie hard, from behind, and Robbie took exception and gave him what amounted to a little love tap. At the very worst, it should have been a yellow and a "talking to". That's it. The ref gave PAU a freebie there. Really, 19 refs out of 20 would have only shown yellow, or none at all.

Realistically, the ref should have stopped play and had a word w/ both players, and assessed equal punishment, or simply a stern warning.

Hell, Studs will even agree with that assessment, I'm sure.

PAU certainly capitalized: 4 or 5 goals after that, all unanswered. It was their day, not Langley's. What else can you say? Even the championship teams (like PAU last year) have a rough game like that somewhere along the season. Last year PAU lost 3-0 to SFC, before regrouping to win the league.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the end I should have taken Aves up on the 5 1/2 goal spread.

PAU beat us badly, plain and simple. All we can do is regroup and encourage the Nation on their way back to credibility, more precisely against GEU and POCO.

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hungry for Pegs.......

Originally posted by Regs
KR,

Which one would be considered a bottom feeder? :rolleyes:

~Regs.
The team that has a score to settle with (Regs)/Pegs..lest we forget,wank.

AlmostFamous

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: 2-1 poco vs aldergrove

Originally posted by Knight Rhider
Man you make as much sense as a French girl trying to put on an English accent. So did Poco win or did aldergrove win?

Im sorry to keep you in such suspense KR as i know you are worried about the bottom feeders catching you in your relegation race. To answer your question, poco won 2-1. Im sure you're happy now as you had to be cheering for poco seen as aldergrove is still a threat to you. Bienvenue mon ami.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would Aldergrove have a score to settle with Peg, numbnuts?

6-3 Peg,

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Banks,

So who does then? Are you saying that Poco is a bottom feeder?

:rolleyes:

Re-read the thread.

~Regs.

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dominion vs. Ald.....whatever....

Scoreless first.All Poco.15 mins.in.Aldegrove scored on a breakaway and were in control.Jay left his post and answered the call with a well struck rebound.What a player,pure instinct!Then with the stormy winds at our back(thanks to our lost coin toss)we dug deep for a set piece that rebounded off the wall and caught the keepa goin awa.Too bad for the Grove'they beat us the first game and had 3pts.taken.This time it was an unlucky"own"goal...TOO BAD

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0