Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League 2003 / 2004 Part I

Who will win the FVSL's Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Aldergrove

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • North Delta Lions

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Delta United

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ian Hill

Mike's son Ian was getting to be quite popular at one time speaking of young, up and coming refs.

What happened there? :confused:

Haven't seen him in a while either.

Skipo: Classic imitation mate on Mike. :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Ref. talk

I couldn't agree more with RF (which hasn't been common lately given his love for Celtic);) Bob Sawtell is the best around... He calls the game consistantly and allows players to have the odd word with him... Classy on and off the pitch...

Kevin is also a ref I haven't had the luxury of getting in a long while... Lets the flow continue while keeping his calls consistant...

Kyle Williams (if that is the guy on the line for the PAU-Poco match) has been in the middle a few times @ Albion... I think he's a GEU fan???:rolleyes: Piss takes aside, he has the potential to be a good ref for years to come...

Martin is Martin... I respect the guy a lot because he is never afraid to call it how he see's it... We all may disagree from time to time, but he definately has the knowledge and experience as one of the Valley's premier officials...

Anyone ever hear why Docherty went to the VMSL ??? He was controversial at times, but I thought he controlled a match better than anyone else (except for Mr. Sawtell that is);) ...

Guinness.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC vs PAU

I says pardon? The only excuse I can come up with is that GEU beat the hell out of them on Sunday and they didn't have anything left.:D Well done Big T and SUFC if it is true.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way!

Originally posted by bertrum
I says pardon? The only excuse I can come up with is that GEU beat the hell out of them on Sunday and they didn't have anything left.:D Well done Big T and SUFC if it is true.

?pardon says I. Although thats a nice thought Bertrum i wouldn't go believing the boy crying "wolf" just yet, not until the townspeople return with the story. star#1 tell the truth or i'll put a curse on you and you won't win any more games;)
R U 4 REEL?:eek:

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes Knight Rider im telling the truth, PAU lost to SUFC 2-1, SUFC were even playing with 10 men for the last 20 mins or so.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by star #1
yes Knight Rider im telling the truth, PAU lost to SUFC 2-1, SUFC were even playing with 10 men for the last 20 mins or so.

Holy fcuk-a-roly... is it April 1? Are you talking about football or a samosa eating contest?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sufc 2 pau 1

coulda, shoulda,....ya whatever:eek:
bottom line we weren't good enough.
Have at 'er boys.:eek:

gut check time

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: sufc 2 pau 1

Originally posted by Aves
coulda, shoulda,....ya whatever:eek:
bottom line we weren't good enough.
Have at 'er boys.:eek:

gut check time
i still dont believe it... waiting to see the score one fvsl website.

methinkscainyandtheboysareconspiringwithstarrytopullafastone

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC 2 PAU 1

A bit speechless at this time, but the result is right.

Full credit to SUFC tonight. They weathered the storm in the first half as we came at them hard, and controlled most of the ball. The first 20 minutes was like men playing boys, but we were unable to convert any of the opportunities we created in the final third. 0-0 at the half. 10 minutes into the second half, SUFC made good on a penalty awarded to them, as a player was taken down in a scramble in the box. 1-0 SUFC. We equallized mid-way through the 2nd, on a nice finish by Brent Roberts with Carson doing the grunt work to set it up. Then, not long after, Jody Gill scored on an unchallenged header to send SUFC ahead. With about 15 minutes left, one of their players got sent off, and PAU pressed hard for the equalizer. We had a couple dangerous crosses go through, and all 11 players in the attacking half, but were still unable to hit the net.

it would appear we've dug ourselves a deep hole......... :(

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its true, its true SUFC 2 - PAU 1

well done by our lads today...they played with a lot of heart...it showed against one of the better teams in this league and probably one of the best teams i have seen all year...great game to watch and well played by both sides. Cheers to the PAU boyz.

AS for the game...PAU came out strong early on, and had some chances to score...they controlled the game and made great runs down their right flank. We had a couple of chances on counters but nothing on net. It was pretty much back and forth and then PAU got a break when our goalie picked up a back pass....indirect inside the 18 but our defense did well. We had a chance before the half on a header from 12 but it rang off the cross bar....half ended nil-nil.

2nd half saw them come out with some aggression and jump but a free kick about 2 mins in from 35 yrds out gave us a chance. Our guy was knocked down in the box on the free kick, giving us a peno...slotted in by Jody Gill. PAU came back hard and had some chances and finally broke through with 30 left, great goal by Brent Roberts.

With 20 to go linesmen helped make a call on two players jostling for position inside the PAU box on a free kick....both guys got yellows for their efforts, for our player it was his second...and we went down to 10 men. it looked like we would be hard pressed to preserve the tie......however with 15 to go our forward made a hell of a play to chase down a ball and get us a corner....nice header by Jody put it in the top left corner, great goal.

And then we just held on....

Man of the match was Jody Gill...he owned everything in the air when it counted and slotted two goals.

Nice to see everyone smiling after a solid effort and win....its been a while.....and the monkey is off our back.....well done boyz !!

:D Big T :D

SOFTBALLZ

Oct 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from N. Korea
Sorry Lads, Have been away for a few months. went back to the home country for some laser eye surgery( what can I say, it's cheap over there! ).. anyways, straight from the airport coming home and the cabbie tells me that SUFC has made it to Premier....... I was like what....????? time to smoke another fatty!!!! then he says that they are playing tonight.!!. So I'm like, my family can wait, I' m gonna check out some footy at Newton. I heard that my mates from Aldergrove beat SUFC a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to see for myself if SUFC really belongs in Premier. So i tell the cabbie to take me to the game.

In case people are wondering...... AND I am sure that they are...
i was standing at the North East corner of the pitch ( close to the concession stand ) .... just in case any one was wondering...

great game.. full marks to SUFC for the win.. PAU cannot claim to dominate this game as SUFC were denied by the post and crossbar on a couple of occasions.......

great goal by Cuds !!!

anyways i was chatting with one of the injured SUFC players on the sideline.. ( i think he had a groin pull or something!! ) . and what he told me was that SUFC had 3 players signed ( on paper!!!! ) a WEEK before the season began.. 3 PLAYERS!!! can you believe that?? and tonight they beat last years champs!!!!
I think that the team has turned a corner and don't be looking for 3 easy points when you play the Sikhs from now on in..
However i will say this ... watch out for Aldergrove.. very unorthodox style that other teams have a tough time to adapt to.

further............to give you an update about me!!! ...besides the laser eye surgery, I met a nice Korean chick.....knocked her up!! and then , to make ends meet, I landed a part-time gig at a North Korean weapons of mass destruction plant..........but I am back now and looking forward to the rest of the season...!!

cheers

Softballz

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoc-king.

Can one of the PAU guys send over the recipe for your pre-game meal to Poco?

Thanks in advance.

Seriously: wow. I'm also inclined not to believe until the site posts the result.
:eek:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Softballz....

Seems like your a pretty well known guy by the cabbies...you dip;) . Congrats to SUFC with their first win in premiere.

Hard Ballz

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe it...

SUFC 2 PAU 1

Skip & Big T gave pretty accurate accounts of PAU soiling our drawers for a 3rd consecutive match...:(

The PAU Nation (of domination) apparently have lost our finish and could not convert on numerous opportunites... That's 8 goals for and 9 against in 6 matches... Pretty shite I'd say... Nevertheless, we have not been out of one game and have actually controlled the play at times in every match... I know I'm grasping at straws right now, but we've got to keep the pedals in motion and not get off the fcuking bike!!!

It appears last year the results fell in our favour where the opposite can be said for this season...

Congrats to Big T and the SUFC boys, your hard work paaid off at the end of the night... If you can bring out the same team each week with the same amount of bite and determination, you'll get your fair share of results this year...

As for PAU,
(In Softballz words) "watch out for Aldergrove.. very unorthodox style that other teams have a tough time to adapt to". We have a week to prepare for this Aldergrove team that will undoubtably be ready to keep kicking us while we're down...:(

GuttedGuinness

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The PAU Nation (of domination) apparently have lost our finish and could not convert on numerous opportunites
What happened to your 24-goals-last-year sensation? :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by SOFTBALLZ
and the cabbie tells me that SUFC has made it to Premier

If that's not an invitation to draw in stereotypical jokes in the plenty, I don't know what is. :D

Hey Softy, are the condoms cheaper over there as well?

Obviously...

Well done to Sikh United.
Unlucky to PAU, they'll rebound and be back.
PoCo's already proving that in their case scenerio after their start.

I forgot about last night's game in my back yard, that sucks.
Don't get to watch much mid-week games.
Speaking of Regs:
Is there any chance you could re-open the prediction thread for us fcuking softheads who didn't realize the game was on last night?
I'll take the hit on the one game, but it seems unfair to rape me for the other ones - you cnut. ;)

Puhlease? :(

Non-threateningSPONSORaskingforlenianceandpossiblyapplyingrank. :mad: :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still don’t believe it…this reeks of piss-take. Just like last year, when Hibee “allegedly” slugged Cainy in the change-room, and the PAU lads led everyone to believe that there were problems at PAU Nation.

This one may have been tougher to pull off, but me thinks Big T can be bought with a bottle of Crown for his participation in this prank.

Softballz…well, that’s just WAY out there.

If this is indeed true, it just goes to show: anything can happen on any given day. A little overconfidence on the part of PAU? A little fatigue? Both? Luckily, the defending champs are the victims, learning the hard way.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?

Originally posted by star #1
So did PAU have to only use there left feet the whole game? Was your net bigger and there's only hockey size? Was there a ref? Were Cainy and Guinness forwards? what happened my good god? Big T and the Cab drivers well done,you've just made that prediction thread get a little tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0