Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a pity that it didn't go to about 4 OT periods with the Canucks winning.

Tire those old red chicken wings even more.

the zebras needed to put their whistles away though

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Extra Sweet for Dude

Was stuck at a trade show this evening until 8:00, so I brought in a radio and listened to the game @ my booth. The guy next to me is from Detroit, and a huge Wings fan. We brought in a 6 pack, and had a few beers while listening- all the while chirping at each other. When Sister Henrick scored, there were about 15 guys all crammed into my booth, and the cheers that went up must have been heard all over the Tradex Centre!

FCUK YEAH! :D :D :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Thanks to KNVB, I mean Sedin.
Game one is in the books.

That's big to steal a win in Joe Louis Arena.

Game winning goal scored by KNVB

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone thought he was washed up.

Big Trev always brings it in the playoffs. Something like 86 points in 85 games?

From Bob Mackenzie, TSN.CA:
What can you say about Trevor Linden after the first game of the Vancouver Canucks/Detroit Red Wings series?

A lot of people thought this guy was spent as a Montreal Canadien and spent as a Washington Capital. But not so. Trevor Linden played more that 25 minutes in Game 1 against the Red Wings. The only Vancouver forward with more minutes was big Todd Bertuzzi with 27+ minutes. It goes without saying that Trevor Linden gets the big tying goal in the third period to send this one to overtime.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I think Naslund led with 4 shots....but most or all came in the first period.

Trev was good for the entire game where as I think Bert and Nazzi were strongest in the first!

Great result.........

John

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund has four shots....

Bert and Trev 3 shots...although Trev missed the net twice...giving the feeling he actually had five on goal!;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Canucks Go!!!

Albeit a slow start, the Canucks battled hard and fought back on three occasions to beat the League's best team... who would of guess KN-Sedin would TTP out of the Apprentice one day and go on to score the game winner in OT the next night???:rolleyes:

FCUK YEAH :D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden=Playoffs

He played monstrous last night,his goal came out of pure hard work.If the Nucks 2nd to 4th lines play like they did last night,my prediction of Nucks in 5 will come to light.

Remeber:

42 games since the break divided by 8 losses=

1 loss in every 5 games :D

GO NUCKS GO

and FCUK YEAH

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk Yeah

Are you guys starting your own possee?

Go Habs/Canucks GO!

Remember, it is still one win....
But they did their job...eventually they were going to have to win one in Detroit.

Now, all they have to do is win their home games....
:cool:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is all going to come down to how Dom plays vs Dan! And I think Dom struggles when he doesn't get 30 or so shots, kinda gets bored. When a Sabre he got 35 or so and was heavily counted upon to win the game on his own.........not so here.

I can't wait till the Nucks get here and our crowd gets going......it will be awsome. And I think the refs will have to call the shite that Chelios does back in the Garage.......he got away with murder last night with his stick, but Bert needs to just take it and deliver those bone cruching hits when he gets his chances.

I will say that regardless of what happens on Friday the first home game will be the toughest to win for the Nucks........alot of pressure to either keep home ice or to win and put the Wings down 3-0, and the Wings experience and history of winning on the road will make them real tough. That said you have to love this start and feel that something real special is going on around us:)

John

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penalties

Looking back, you can't complain much -- considering the string of Detroit penalties in the 3rd -- but I was livid after the pair of back-to-back calls on Bertuzzi's brush with Chelios and the "closing the hand on the puck". Garbage -- it's the playoffs. WTF?

I seriously hope the reffing gets better.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to

agree with John on that one. Big bad Bert, the tabacco chewing monster, is gonna have get stuck into Chelios every chance he gets. If he can wear Chelios down its gonna bode well for the 'Nucks, as the series moves on.

Frankly, the 2,3,4 lines won us the game yesterday. We can't expect them to continue to do so...can we?

Hasek looks washed up and old if you ask me. That being said I think the Wings will get the only blow out of the series on friday...They're pissed off they lost in their own back yard and The "nucks may well get caught in the 'happy with the split mode.'
Hope not. Fear so.

The campaign to put back the looney starts here.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

Yeah im glad you brought that up just horrible reffing mostly in the second but still its play off you gotta let some stuff go and the high sticking call was crap he high sticked himself

oilers27:eek:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the Canucks absolutely batter the Wings on Friday.
they are already a tired and bruised team and a physical mauling by Vancouver could finish them off. Put a few more of them in the hospital like they did Federov last night and the rest of the series will be a formality.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta bruise the body!!!

I agree that the officiating was poor, but it can only improve especially when the series comes back to the real Hockeycity!!! Detroit Hockeytown??? Half of the people interviewed there couldn't tell you who was the famous Red Wing to don #9!!!:rolleyes:
As for hammering Chelios and the rest of a their aging defencemen, it's a must!!! Every chance we get Bert, Linden, Warriner, Cooke, Chubarov and co. must crunch and wear these old farts out... Grind them down and they won't last...
Tonight the keys to the game for Vancouver have to be:
-Stay out of the box as much as possible (no lazy peno's)
-forecheck forecheck forecheck!!!
-Clouts must outshine Hasek AGAIN
-West Coast Express needs to get on the scoresheet

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
and...
Fcuk Yeah!!! :D

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Yzerman (though he didn't skate or practice before game 1 either) no Federov, Larionov,Krupp,or Fisher for the morning skate.........and it is only game 2 of round 1! Not to get too carried away but I just don't think this group of Red Wings has it left in the tank to win the cup.......they might win a round though:mad:

Watched the game between the Ave's, and Kings............Colorado are the team to beat in my opinion.........Blake must have tried to kill 5-6 guys last night and Forsberg looks as good as ever.

Should be a great game tonight! If we get through the first period we should be fine. Does anyone know if we get the same refs for game 2?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0