Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Best of 22 Minutes?

Which is the all-time best 22 Minutes character?

• Babe Bennett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Jackson

• Connie

• Joe Crow

• Mrs. Eulalia & Mrs. Enid

• Mom & Eddie Reardon

• Total voters

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's Globe & Mail article regarding the long-term success of the CBC's This Hour Has 22 Minutes got me thinking: which has been the all-time best character?

THH22M remains as one of the few shows I'll set aside time to watch on a weekly basis. It has both surprised and pleased me to see it retain it's quality and and success since the departure of Rick Mercer, Greg Thomey, and Mary Walsh (however, I hear that Walsh is only gone for a year's leave). Colin Mochrie was a little bit of a let down considering his success on Who's Line Is It, Anyway?, but latecomer, Shaun Majumder (as opposed to earlycomer, KNVB) has really made a name for himself over the past year or so.

So who's managed to create the greatest character?

Babe Bennett (Cathy Jones) - This sharp-witted women's (sexual) liberator has men quivering in their boots with her classic style and modern morality and women aspiring be (with) her at the same time.

Mark Jackson (Gavin Crawford) - The nerdy and pimply-face shy reporter who fainted during an interview with some hot-chick from Corner Gas.

Connie (Mary Walsh) - The snot-filled, snorting prairie corespondent who always seems to broadcast from inside a Tim Hortons.

Joe Crow (Cathy Jones) - No other Canadian aboriginal man summarizes their plight in society and politics better than this cross-dressing actress.

Raj Binder (Shaun Majumder) - Endless streams of sweat glisten this South Asian sportscaster's forehead while he attempts to interview the sports world's major celebrities.

Mrs. Eulalia & Mrs. Enid (Mary Walsh & Cathy Jones) - The wisdom-filled grannies who walk the park and pick apart pop-culture and social conventions.

Marg Delahunty (Mary Walsh) - The frighteningly funny, political Princess Warrior revision of Xena.

Mom & Eddie Reardon (Mary Walsh & Greg Thomey) - As the hosts of This Show Sucks the mother & son Reardon team slam television's best and worst. And always at full volume.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must be kidding us? This show is not at all funny. In fact, I'd rather subject myself to watching yet another episode of fat, ugly, 'color' blind American bitches scream over how fcuking ugly their living room looks because of some bloody decorator and her neighbors c0cking it up even worse than it was in the first place with my missus on any random Saturday. And yes, it has to be a random. Though, I must ask... should I laugh when gays cry? I probably shouldn't, but I do.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To grasp the laughs, you actually have to know something about the country and a lot of people don't.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
To grasp the laughs, you actually have to know something about the country and a lot of people don't.

So what does that say about KNVB? Do you know where Vancouver is Beaker?

Ahm a wee tipsy in Madrid right about now. Some bum (excuse me, a monetary challenged individual) tried to panhandle something from me in Spanish for about ten minutes straight. Didn´t have a fcuking clue what he was asking so I just assumed and gave him the pincho moruno I got for free with my cerveza. He could have been asking me to babysit his dog for all know.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0