Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Terrell attempts suicide.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Report: Owens attempts suicide.

Associated Press

9/27/2006 9:52:55 AM

DALLAS (AP) - Police say flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication Tuesday night.

A Dallas police report says Owens told rescue workers ''that he was depressed.''

According to the report, a rescue worker noticed that Owens' prescription pain medication was empty. He then saw Owens put two pills in his mouth.

The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.

The worker then asked Owens if he was attempting to harm himself and Owens said yes.
Just another stunt?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Terrell tries to off himself.

Personal opinion is that when somebody tries to kill himself / herself, all piss taking is out of bounds.

Weather a cry for attention or a cry for help, this guy seems to be mentally unstable at this point. As much of a jerk he appears to be in the media (and he very well may be), I wouldn't wish suicide on him, for any of his loved ones sake.

Yeah, some people that try to off themselves may be better off dead, but let's reserve that label for the drug dealers, murderers, and pedophiles of this world. This guy is a football player. Until it is proven to me he is actually one of those types better off dead, I have compassion for him if he's that mentally unstable.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Terrell tries to off himself.

No pisstake intended Dude. I think it is a legitimit question.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Terrell attemtps suicide.

I know you're not TTP, but others may.

That being said, how is attempting suicide a "stunt"? Evil Kenivel jumping the canyon was a stunt.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

This will definitely screw up a lot of fantasy football pools.

Thwe little joke aside, It would appear he has some major issues in his life that being a NFL player and having money don't help solve. Money, privilege and adoring fans don't mean you are a happy healthy stable indiviual.

Apparently he grew up in a far from stellar atmosphere and his choice of who he has put around him since getting out of College and the security blanket taht provided has all led to him taking too many pain killers and trying to kill/harm himself.

Hopefully this will be the event that can be the catalyst to get help and change his life for the better. I have a feeling that this will seriously change some peoples vision of TO as a victim now and less of a clown show than he has been in the past. IT may explain some of the issues he has had with teamamtes and coaches in the past

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think the thumbs down thread icon throws people off.

I think people need to reserve judgement for a few days rather than hours on this - reading the quote above about the rescue worker... BS in the morning read a different report where it was a friend that noticed the empty bottle and that she then tried to pry 2 pills out.

Wait until this afternoon when it will be reported that TO is actually the father of Anna Nicole's baby, was distraught after watching Larry King on CNN last night and the "friend" that saved him was Tie Domi's wife.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was totally thinking that the "friend" was Tie Domi's estranged wife. Weird. Your speculation that he is the father of Anna Nicole's baby has throwm me for a loop though. That's just fcuked up.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

To constantly hear the negative aspect from the media. I guess Owen has been keeping alot of his emotions in. To be injured throughout the preseason and have your coaches and the team doubt you is fukced up on its own....this probabley as put him over the edge not to mention his slow start in dallas.

He is the the best receiver in the league (my opinion) when he is not injured. Its sad to see his life has really gone the way it has.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Owens denies attempted suicide report
Terrell Owens

Associated Press

9/27/2006 3:49:11 PM

DALLAS (AP) - Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens said ''there was no suicide attempt,'' explaining that he mixed painkillers with supplements and became groggy.

He said Wednesday that the confusion over his condition likely stemmed from an empty bottle of pain medication found by his publicist, who was with him at the time.

He said the rest of the pills were in a drawer.

''There was no suicide attempt,'' he said. ''The rumour of me taking 35 pills, that was absurd.''

Appearing in a news conference at team headquarters a few hours after leaving a hospital for what a police report described as ''a drug overdose,'' Owens wore workout gear and no bandage on his broken right hand.

The star receiver smiled and seemed more amused than peeved at the latest ruckus surrounding him.
Is it Ok to call it a stunt now?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What did come out of this is a little more reporting on the background of TO's life...

He never knew who his father was until one day when he was 15 he was hitting on the girl from across the street. Her dad came out and told him to stop. TO asked why and the guy said "because she's your sister"! How whacked is that?!?!?!

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What ticked me off was watching his rather vacuous publicity agent try to laugh the events off by stating that he had 26 million reasons not to attempt suicide. As if wealth had anything to do with it. Anyone who has seen how manic depression can affect a person,their family,and extended family,know all too well how one's state of mind can turn in a matter of moments. Being surrounded by her type certainly does not help his situation.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts