Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Talking out my ASS [FVSL Premier Week 6] The Weekend that was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All work and no play makes KNVB a dull boy…
The_shining_heres_johnny.jpg

As I sat and stared at my curser blink for the last 20 minutes waiting for the Prozac and pints to kick in and going, frankly, a little stir crazy I realized how much you have to appreciate what William Azzi writes each week, despite the superlative and relentless repetitiveness.

That’s it, that’s all I have this week.

What? You try it.

And away we go, though slightly abbreviated this week…

Port Moody 3 vs Chilliwack 1

Our first and only Friday night match had mid-table Port Moody vs Chilliwack, both looking to keep pace with the top 4 and if you read top to bottom like the rest of the us with opposable thumbs, you know how it turned out.

My Ass… “we controlled the ball most of the game I thought. Our first goal was scored by Da Silva from a header in the first half, but the half ended 1-1 after sloppy penalty gave Chilliwack a PK that was stopped but there was an easy rebound finish.”

“We turned the pressure on again in the second half, but it took some sneaky tactics of the lights turning off midway though the second half for the tide to actually turn. Both team thought it was over but we ended up potting two more goals when the game resumed. All goals were fed from Jon Bouy who had an excellent game for PM in the midfield.”

Peace Arch 2 LUFC 2

On a wet Saturday afternoon LUFC snatched a late point after failing behind early in the second half 2-1. The game it self for such an important early season game lacked, how do I say…. any semblance of emotion what-so-ever. On several occasions I actually saw the ref yawning.

Things did start to pick up 35mins in when Dave Hloorka jumped on a loose ball, rounded the young Langley center back before putting his shot in traffic albeit from a tough angle. Really, the only thing troubling GK Wagner in the first half was whether or not he should wear his toque. LUFC caught PAU napping shortly after when a throw-in from half inexplicably ended up on the foot of a wide open Del Aguila 10 yards from goal after only 2 touches where he calmly put it in for a 1-0 half time lead.

With half came a refreshed PAU side that came out of the gates firing. First a cross from Keegan Munn to Hloorka who made no mistake and volleyed home a superlative strike off the post and in. No more than 5 minutes later it was Munn on the receiving end of a cross who smashed a left footer past the on –looking Wagner into the top corner leaving him no chance.

The last 15 minutes had Langley pressuring PAU with balls into the box forcing the PAU backs to defend wildly. The tying goal came from the supernatural foot of Chuck Keeling as he launched a exquisite ball from center to the top of the 18 where Jordan Langler beat the PAU GK to a jump ball, flicking it by him into an empty net. Langler for the record took a wicked shot to the back for his efforts, but it went unnoticed by the LUFC players as they all rushed away to pay homage to Keeling.

The statue goes up next week…
Rocky copy.jpg

Aldergrove 1 vs Poco Rangers.

Aldergrove started brighter then Poco and carried the play for the opening period of the game. After about 20-25 minutes Chris D'Andrea controlled a ball from Mike Baldwin who cut across the top of the box where it was smashed into the bottom corner. This seemed to wake Poco from their early slumber and play evened out for the remainder of the half.

The second half began better for Poco and they kept possession nicely. However, Aldergrve seemed content to counter-attacked and did have 2 or 3 good chances which were squandered.

Poco drew level with a big momentum swing as they took the lead in about a 5 mins later. Good work down their right side resulted in two close range finishes from Rich Norman. Frustration crept into Aldergroves play and Mr. D'Andrea was shown a straight red (deserved too I hear) after an altercation with a couple of Poco players. This made the fight back a bit more challenging and Poco held on nicely for the 3 points.

North Delta 1 vs ACBC 5

Not much to say once again as ACBC seemed to control the game from start to finish ... GK Tyler Baldock ended up getting 2 Assist for ACBC with back to back drop kicks down the wing that turned into goals. ACBC scored in the first 10min off a great through ball from midfield and was put away short side on Deltas keeper. On a miscue between defense and keeper ACBC puts away their second 20min in. ACBC make it 3-0 in the latter part of the half on a penalty kick. 3-0 halftime.

Second half: Pretty even through most of the half. Delta gets one back with 20min left on a cross by Reynold Lakhan and put away by Tavis Bowie. 5min later ACBC are given another PK.

ACBC was clinical in their finishing all day long.

Abbotsford 4 vs GEU 1

My Ass didn’t report, again, before post time.

Goal Scorers: Schmidt, Crocker Jr, Severn, Lopez and Low for GEU ( I bet)

And there you have it, the weekend that was… sort of.

Player of the Week: Thomas Mills for making it through an entire Weekend That Was... with-out one fat joke going his way. All I have to offer is his drivers license photo.

jd.jpg

See you Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0