Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Talking out my ASS [FVSL Premier Week 3] The weekend that was…

What is the best way to get over this cold?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another week in the history book for the FVSL Premier league and there-for it is time for another captivating, hard hitting and interactive look into it. Failing that, read on. With the weekend passed us now and a new week half way done it has left me pondering, as I do every Wednesday, who bought Thomas Mills lululemon pants and why in the hell does he keep putting them on? I’m also wondering how in the hell am I going to keep this up for another 15weeks.

I’m a bit stubed up and under the weather this week so I’ve turned to my mate Alexander Keith’s for a little inspiration. Pardon the spelling in advance and as they say in Newfoundland…. Eueuhd iadjoidj unxin iidn id dnd , bhoy.

Chilliwack 1vs PAU 2

A complete opposite of a Chilliwack family portrait it was a gorgeous setting awaiting the Peace Arch boys as they traveled the better part of 50 minutes from their sheltered little Peninsula streets lined with Mercedes and BMW, side walks littered with Starbucks, the elderly with dogs measuring under 4” high to the hard streets of Chilliwack lined with pick up trucks, Mac jackets and pit bulls. I must say though Exhibition Stadium is truly a grand setting for a Friday evening match, but for a stadium capable of holding 2000 it almost met its match against the nearly 28.5 raucous fans and clearly tone def DJ with a broken 8track player in attendance. White Wedding as a warm up song? I mean really…

The boys in blue couldn’t have asked for a better start as only 4 minutes in a Chilliwack long ball was cut out by the PAU back line moved up the park quickly when one of several horrible NFL style tackles (4 yellows too) took place about 35 yards from goal, just feet from the sidelines. The ensuing free kick was knocked far post to a mix of players, but won by Dave Hilooka who alertly knocked the ball down to wide open Kaz Kikuchi who made no mistake from 10 yards and buried his chance to put the visitors up 1-0.

The entire first half was nearly exclusively play in the Chilliwack end where a myriad of good chance were left wanting… Hilooka came close to scoring his second of the season after being in the right place at the right time after some terrific work by Evans and Wilkshire but his shot rattled off the woodwork from the top of the 18. As luck would have it and opportunity wasted at one end turns into opportunity at the other as Ben Shiller (don’t quote me on that) beat his defender 1 on 1, crossed a speculative ball into the box where it was whiffed on, not by one, but two PAU defenders and fell right on the waiting foot of Mike Short who calmly smashed the ball in the net from 12 yards out.

The second half was much the same as the first, but the opportunities, not necessarily the play, evened out as Chilliwack had a couple chance of thier own go wide or be blocked. I asked my ASS what he thought of the match “Well, they certainly worked very hard if nothing else” he said of Chilliwack. “They refused to let down on the work and I think it may pay off for them eventually, we were just a better side tonight though” With 15 to go PAU's persistence finally paid off when a wicked corner kick found the head of Hilooka 11 yards from goal, only this time the ball found it’s way into the back of the net instead of the 3rd row.

“Our finish lacked tonight for sure” said Coach Johnson who now improves to 2-1-0 as head coach "but thank goodness we at least matched their work rate tonight. If we match the effort that seems to be put in against us this season we'll do well" Coach Johnson could not be reached for further comment it was his round at Dukes.

GEU 1 vs Poco Ranger 5

My Poco ASS was somewhat “brief” this week. His missus says he’s been like that for the last 25 years, but this is my first time experinecing it.

I feel so used...

From the limited reports I got though, GEU started off well and scored the first goal with some good preasure which turned into a GK miscue in the Poco end of the fieild after 7min. It’s a good thing it wasn’t in the GEU end or he would really have some explaing to do, eh?

2 players for Poco went off injured before the 30 min mark ,but by then Poco had taken the lead to 2-1. My Ass being less that thorough failed to mention in his "report" who the two Lady Byng candidates were.

“We quickly made it 3-1 up before the ½ as the GEU defence couldn’t contain the fleet footed men in white.” said my ASS. Breifly. I hear it was a bit of an average second ½ (sic) as GEU persevered (he used the word not me) to get themselves back in the game (how I don’t know. I just report this shite I don’t make it up) but there was little return for their endevours as Poco sealed the win with two more goals in the last 15 to make it sweet a redemption for the SX Cup defeat of last season. The Waynes World flash back moment of the day… If you remmebr Poco had to play with 10 players due to their injured, cup tied and suspension depleted squad last season. They Blamed Mills but had him back anyway.

Poco Goal scorers Giancarlo Brancati, Mike Wooldridge, Rich Norman and Jay Gangnes with 2

North Delta 3 vs Abbotsford 3

I didn’t hear from that ASS in Abbotsford for the second week on the bounce… luckly I picked up some ND action last week.

North Delta started off quick with (first 10 min) Ryan Fries intercepting a errant pass from an Abby defender inside the 18 and sliding the ball into the bottom corner of the net for a quick lead. Five minutes later Fries scores again coming down the left flank and hammering a 25 yard shot over the stranded Abby keeper. The play in the second half of the first was controlled by Abbotsford as they finally popped their cherry 30 minutes in from a goal mouth scramble wasn’t cleared. Shortly after Abby scores again from a great cross and put away by Riehl for his second of the half.

Second half, Delta controlled a lot of the play and took the lead with a goal from Reynold Lakhan from a cross from Ryan Fries. Abby scores off a corner that went straight in with a about 10-15min left. Delta came close to taking the lead with a couple sitters one of which hit the bar and another cleared off the line by an Abby defender. I'd say the first half was controlled mostly by Abby and the second by Delta.

LUFC 5 vs Port Moody Gunners 0

Going into this match I would have said this would be one way traffic Langley’s way and with a 5-0 finish in favor of Langley it works wonders to confirm that assumption. You might say brilliant stuff knvb. (You'd be the first), but wait their is more...

Yet after receiving match reports from both camps the game was handily won by the young gunners… unfortunately for them, the victory will have to remain a moral one. I asked my Moody ASS… “You had the play, had the possession, so what the hell happened?”

“The real problem I think was not that Langley looked good, but that we made Langley look good, as I assume GEU did last week. Every Langley longball it seemed ended in the back of our net due to poor defending and good finishing. Their quick counter attacks saw us break down all over the park.” If you had a lot of possession surly you had chances of your own… “We did, and don’t call me Shirley, but we just couldn’t manage to break the wall Langley stacked in the back end. I don’t think Langley looked good at all when they had to make passes and actually play soccer, but damn they could score.”

Again not the best performance in the world, but our counter attacks and finishing are quite good at the moment” said my Langley ASS. Port Moody carried the entire game possession wise but could not bag a goal. They had some chances , but our backs did well to keep them on the perimeter. Full marks to Chuck “Tugboat” Keeling who has been the anchor back there for years. I asked my ass if he has a bit of a man crush on ‘Tugboat’ and he declined comment.

The game was 3-0 at half on goals by Mike Perry, Jason Jorgensen and Josh McCaig. Second half goals from Jason Flint and Graham Thompson.

Sounds like credit is due to Port Moody who unlike GEU never packed it in.

ACBC 3 vs Aldergrove United 0

Aldergrove are very much improved from last year and should catch a few teams napping this year and for sure and probably turn more than a few heads I should think said Mangaer Gablehouse.

The game was 0-0 at half and I would say it was anyone’s game. Aldergrovehad 2 crossbars from free kicks by Mike Baldwin. “We were lucky they didn’t go up on us on those said my ASS. You think I replied? Hold on Captain Obvious, this is too much info.

ACBC finally got going and things began to change and after Admir Salihovic scored a deflected free kick which really looked to take the wind in their sails. ACBC never ones to take their foot off the gas bagged a couple more for insurance late. Chris Kyd chesting a ball down at the top of the box and cracking it into the top corner an Habil Otieno toe punting (underrated) in a goal mouth scramble. “At least the officials were really good tonight, even if I don’t think we were. That said it was a pretty clean game and their wasn’t much in it.

Player of the week North Delta’s Ryan Fries with 2 goals and a helper in his teams 3-3 result with Abbotsord. As your rookie initiation in to this prestigious club you now have the unbelievable honor of not only being the 3rd 'Talking out my ASS player of the week' but you now how the unbeliveble challange of taking the lululemon pants off Thomas.

God speed young man.

There you have it, the weekend that was….

Tugboat Keeling

Attachments

• ck.jpg
    ck.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 403

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice report, but honestly...if you don't have a man-crush for Chuck Keeling, you are probably gay. And, just to clarrify for the masses, althought I am an ass, I am not the ASS.

I keep this photo under my man-crush pillow.

Attachments

• Keeling.jpg
    Keeling.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 101

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pobably something about the alarming amount of verbal abuse he took from the offical.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me, why couldn't you have gone away starting last night?

Don't worry, my back should be fine by the time you get back :rolleyes:

:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0