Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Takin The Piss- Whalley Soccer Club opens office @ NAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the Surrey United BCSPL Teams including U13 Girls are locked up for the Mini season AND Regular season, where options do said CCC U13 Girls Metro team have?

Fair point / question and I guess I was moreso referring back to the initial evaluations in March. IE; I wish they came out.

Having said that, I wouldn't say they are "locked up" even now. My understanding is that after the mini season there will not be any open evaluations held, this is true, but rather that the players on the team now are being evaluated week to week and following the mini season there IS a window of opportunity for both a) the club to make changes ( ie players who perhaps have shown they are not ready for the leap ) and b) for players who have expressed their interest to join ( replace girls ) following the mini season.

I think that players who express serious interest between now and the end of the mini season will be given some consideration. I don't think that the clubs will wait and do nothing until the close of the 2012 full season.

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is very interesting and potentially very useful information for Players presently not on BCSPL teams!

Is this common knowledge that also applies to the other BCSPL?

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is very interesting and potentially very useful information for Players presently not on BCSPL teams!

Is this common knowledge that also applies to the other BCSPL?

Fairly common knowledge I think. I got this info for our club from the TD in a BCPL info session last week and then basically the same message regarding South Fraser from a parent whos daughter plays there.

* btw I am just a parent myself, not a coach or anyone with any special insider info.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fairly common knowledge I think. I got this info for our club from the TD in a BCPL info session last week and then basically the same message regarding South Fraser from a parent whos daughter plays there.

* btw I am just a parent myself, not a coach or anyone with any special insider info.

I should amend that....I actually Don't think that this is common knowledge or at least the common understanding among most of the parents.

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
To clarify my understanding, please confirm most parents are NOT aware of this information and may NOT be widely available.

Thanks!

M

Mal

I agree completely, I'd rather see a bunch of those great girls on the local BCPL teams as that talent would both a) help validate the BCPL teams in the area and b) challenge those CCB girls ( AND the BCPL girls ) to a greater degree.

Instead those CCB girls will spend this next season just kicking the crap out of their Metro competition. Fun? sure. Trophies? definitely.

Come on CCB parents, get your kids playing BCPL! : )

Surrey Utd and Peace Arch have the advantage of having BCPL franchises and maybe CCB/SFC with their growing membership can also get a franchise in the near future. Surrey has a huge no of soccer players and CCB/SFC have top class facilities .

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd and Peace Arch have the advantage of having BCPL franchises and maybe CCB/SFC with their growing membership can also get a franchise in the near future. Surrey has a huge no of soccer players and CCB/SFC have top class facilities .

True...that's just another reason why I want those top girls to come to my daughters club now before that happens!

;)

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only way CCB/SFC gets a BCPL franchise is if one of the incumbents withdraws or they expand to 10 clubs (which shouldn't happen). 8 may be too many....having 6-8 at any given gender/age group is sufficient as players who qualify for X BCSPL club can simply move to Y BCSPL club if X does not end up fielding a team in their gender/age group - which improves competition.

M

Mal

Only way CCB/SFC gets a BCPL franchise is if one of the incumbents withdraws or they expand to 10 clubs (which shouldn't happen). 8 may be too many....having 6-8 at any given gender/age group is sufficient as players who qualify for X BCSPL club can simply move to Y BCSPL club if X does not end up fielding a team in their gender/age group - which improves competition.

If as rumoured Guildford teams up with CCB/SFC it will take the membership to 5000 + and 6 turf fields .

A

AMA

Bollocks,

Just wondering who has the keys to Newton cluchouse now. If you remember you tossed
your keys towards the CCB executives 9 months ago. Life is a bitach isnt it.:wa::knvb::bronco:

Surrey Utd,s turn next maybe? i bet Clarkie and crew won,t throw in the keys to the clubhouse so easily lol !

A

AMA

Surrey Utd,s turn next maybe? i bet Clarkie and crew won,t throw in the keys to the clubhouse so easily lol !

Whose Bollocks ? He sure should have showed more determination instead of throwing the keys -lol !

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's fun to be anonymous and stick daggers at guys on TTP, isn't it? Except that nobody is really anonymous on TTP, and this kind of belittling should be well under you two. Seriously. Stop with the smack talking in public, and run the effing club like professionals. I don’t see the Surrey United top dogs getting on TTP and pissing on others graves. Take note of the way Surrey United, Metro Ford, and other great clubs conduct themselves on TTP.

As for SFC- and I mean this- thanks for the years and years of running a great club. It’s sad to see it destroyed by politics. I know in my time there as a senior men’s player, I was treated very well, and the youth soccer community did benefit from some top shelf coaching and organization. Played w/ many of those youth as they graduated into men’s, and it was a treat to see that type of talent come through the pipelines.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's fun to be anonymous and stick daggers at guys on TTP, isn't it? Except that nobody is really anonymous on TTP, and this kind of belittling should be well under you two. Seriously. Stop with the smack talking in public, and run the effing club like professionals. I don’t see the Surrey United top dogs getting on TTP and pissing on others graves. Take note of the way Surrey United, Metro Ford, and other great clubs conduct themselves on TTP.

As for SFC- and I mean this- thanks for the years and years of running a great club. It’s sad to see it destroyed by politics. I know in my time there as a senior men’s player, I was treated very well, and the youth soccer community did benefit from some top shelf coaching and organization. Played w/ many of those youth as they graduated into men’s, and it was a treat to see that type of talent come through the pipelines.

Well said Dude. All piss taking aside if only people were as brave in person as they were sitting behind a key board in the bowels of their home. You can't buy class or professionalism, you either have it or you don't....clubs are only as good as the people running them and fortunately there are some damn good ones at SU , MF etc.

HJ

A

AMA

You can't buy class or professionalism, you either have it or you don't....clubs are only as good as the people running them and fortunately there are some damn good ones at SU , MF etc.

All clubs do their best for their players but clubs in inner city areas like New West, Burnaby, Whalley and Newton cannot compete on the same financial level as clubs in more affluent areas like Cloverdale etc but they certainly are not lacking in professionalism or class or ability on the field .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0