Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey United Women at Nationals 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know the ladies leave tonight at 11:00 so I want to wish them good luck in PEI. I think Regs and nutmegs are going to hook-up :eek: ... for game reports and such so I hope to hear from you soon.

Give 'em hell ladies.

girl wonder

Aug 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Surrey United Women at Nationals

I also want to wish the ladies luck. As a former member of SU, I wish I could be there with you...unfortunately this Ontario thing got in the way.

Good luck, and Nutmegs...hope it's a good birthday celebration!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Relax, have a great social time and you will bring home the gold...guaranteed!

Best of Luck ladies!
:wa:

+sponsoredbyMotoroilSC :D

Nutmegs and K-Vale, don't get too out of control for that birthday celebration. :eek:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks to knvb (for starting this thread), girl wonder, and SC for all the well-wishes - I'll be sure to pass them on to the ladies.

Depature time is now less than 8 hours away and needless to say I'm pretty pumped!! (Although I still don't know how Peg managed to get an earlier flight than us!?!)

As knvb posted in the Peg thread the website for tourney info and results is www.seniornationals.com

And SC that birthday celebration is actually occuring after the final so k-vale and myself may just get a little out of control!! :wa:

Kage

Oct 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey...no birthday celebrations without me...okay fine..have one there and then we'll have an even bigger one here. Hopefully celebrating your b-day and winning nationals. :wa: Keep me updated and kick some ass....good luck to all of you and bring the title back to BC where it belongs!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-3 victory in our first match

It wasn't our best game by far but we started off the tourney with a victory against probably the second toughest team in our pool.

We got off to a great start in the first 10 when Sara Maglio's shoss (shot-cross) went into the top corner to put us up 1-0. Unfortunately Ontario tied it up on a bad transition goal that deflect off one of our defenders. We went up 2-1 just seconds before the half on what may just be the dumbest play of the tourney. We got a free kick just outside the 18 on a studs-up slide tackle and I guess the ref called it dangerous play and awarded a indirect kick (which no one on the field noticed). Sara shot it and the keeper tried to save it and got a hand on it before it went in making it a valid goal. Good job keeps!! We definitely should have been up more than one at half as we had about 90% of the possession.

Second half got off to a bad start as they tied it up a few minutes in on a lucky but good shot by one of their forwards. We went ahead again in about the 60th minute on a scramble that I managed to chip over the keeper right to Martina in front of a wide open net. We added insurance about 10 minutes later on a great cross by Bianca to a wide open Martina at the far post for the header. Ontario added the third goal in injury time off of a dropped corner by our keeper.

It wasn't our best game defensively as all their goals came against the run of the play and we rarely give up three goals a game but we'll take the victory. Day off tomorrow and then onto New Brunswick on Friday.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice work ladies! Sounds like a good game to me! :D

Looking forward to hearing about the other games....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good on ya Ladies :wa:

All Victories can't be sweet, but take it and run!

Goodluck to you all and ON TO THE NEXT FEEDING!! ;)

striker14

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to SU for beating Ontario. (As much as it pains me to say that.) But Province before Club, eh? :p

Hope your gamesheet was filled out correctly?! :mad:

I'm still in therapy over fiasco in St.Johns. I gotta let it go.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for the update! It's great reading, especially when you know who the players are ;) . Good stuff.

Remember tomorrow is a day of rest, so take advantage of tonight. Don't forget to carpool!

+SC

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats girls!!!
Bring back the trophy so Sara can leave it in a cab after the Roxy!!! ;)

Sin-seriously, Guinness

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know what SC meant by carpooling but unbeknownst (sp? no idea) to us we took your advice and piled a starting line-up and sub into one car to cross the confederation bridge. This has so far been the high-lite of the trip, which is kind of sad. But seeing as you can travel around PEI in 2 hrs and find out that everything is closed 'til next May, I guess that's what you have to expect.

Anyway, on to bigger and better things tomorrow where we'll face New Brunswick which may not be as good a team as Ontario but our team is in a good mind-frame to not take anything too lightly. So I guess we'll have another update for you then.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyway, on to bigger and better things tomorrow where we'll face New Brunswick which may not be as good a team as Ontario but our team is in a good mind-frame to not take anything too lightly.
I'll say.

7 - nil good guys. Well done ladies. Looks like your toughest test is tomorrow eh? Good luck.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tomorrow is the big game. We win and we're in the final to make it two BC teams in the finals.

Game today was a write-off and so should the game on Sunday versus the Newfies since they are yet to score a goal and have 14 against.

Goal scorers were Randee, Sara, two for me, Bianca, young Nat and Martina.

Will post after the game tomorrow and hopefully it's a celebratory one.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
two for me
Wow, mixing things up hey? Good stuff... Sounds like the team had a rest today...

K-Vale, if anyone should understand the carpooling comment, it's you ;). I'm still sticking with that advice... :D

+SC

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

So we lost to Nova Scotia yesterday 2-1. A quick run-down of the game would go as follows...They get a PK in about the first 5 minutes, we are all over them offensively and score a beautiful header off a cross. We continue to run the match until the second half when they are awarder a corner kick that should have been a goal kick. They score. We continue to have chance after chance, with round posts the outcome could have been different. The last 15 minutes turns into a total sh#t show of us just trying to go forward forward forward. We lose, you could say we deserved to win but they actually got it done, so that was that. We will now be playing for bronze...
Or will we? More on that later...

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here goes, to the best of my knowledge, what happened after our game vs. Nova Scotia. While the team sat in sorrow waiting for the bus to come pick us up (which they forgot to send) our staff had been looking over some things from the game including the other team's roster. Unbeknownst (damn it's that word again) to us they found that Nova Scotia had listed 19 girls on their roster not the allowed 18. Apparently after some discussion they decided to file a protest, being stranded at the field was not helping seeing as a protest must be filed within an hour after competition. Bob Hope the BC rep was then left to handle the protest. Our team was not told until later on that evening. I think feelings were very mixed about this decision to protest. On one hand they won the game, on the other they broke a rule and many a Burnaby Canadian can attest that sometimes, however miniscule the mistake there are consequences. You could say that we were being sore losers, call us cry-babies, but what do you let slide and what do you call attention to? It's a tough decision. We did not find out until 20 minutes ago that the commitee overturned our protest. They made a moral decision instead of a decision by the book. Our team is neither mad nor happy about this decision, it's out of our hands and there is not much you can do. We'll play for the bronze and set BC up next year for better pool play so we can win what I think we deserve.

I wonder what some of the ex-Burnaby Canadians think about this?

By the way we won against Newfoundland today. We came out with a poor performance, they actually scored, but that might be because yours truly was in goal (We wanted to give Wendy a rest and Jeanette has a broken rib). They scored off a centred free-kick on the 18 yd. box. When Meghan asked me where I wanted the wall my reply was, "I have no ****ing idea." My goalie career might be short-lived but that's alright by me.

girl wonder

Aug 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry about the loss ladies, but the bronze is no small feat. Congrats on making it that far. Can't wait for the outcome...

SU forever...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unlucky gals. Geesh, you'd think that they'd be consistant with their decision making process year to year. Somebody has it out for BC...HUGE! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fcukers... :knvb:

K-Vale, I know a team who could use you in net for the time being ;) ...

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can tell you what this ex-Burnaby Canadian staffer thinks of it... Pure and utter fcuking bollocks. That's what. I am a lifelong SU-hater (sorry gals), and I like the fact that we were the last BC team to win the Jubilee, but I am sick and tired of BC getting screwed over.

That gamesheet was illegal. And the CSA was adamant about the importance of the gamesheet. And above all else, did they have 19 players on the bench? That unto itself is a protestable offense, and should have been a forfeit. And where's the match officials in all of this ... there's four of them for God's sake ... can none of them count?

I am disgusted. Yes, NS won the game. But on precedent - one that I was unfortunately part of setting - Surrey should have been given the points and a crack at gold.

Sorry ladies. We beat PEI 9-0 and had it overturned for PEI's first ever senior nationals win!!! You got screwed because you were from BC. The folks running these tournaments are nothing but a bunch of old men who couldn't find their own asses with two hands and a flashlight.

Truck on ladies and bring home the bronze. At the very least it should make you guys hungry for another shot next fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0