Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Page is done?

Who was your fav SportsPage personality?

• Total voters

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am fairly sure that it is supposed to be Marv Albert as well.

Walls will let us know after he talks to Talyor.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taylor doing the Wings highlights many years back...

"Burr to Barr to the guy that likes Bars (Probert), GOAL!" too funny, the guy was allways top drawer and he is a good Burnaby kid.

Too bad they are gone, but they are too late for me now.

hos

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
whoa!!! sounds nothing like bill walton eh!!! :rolleyes: lingere albert is the right call though. i drank my slurpee too fast yesterday.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight is the final show for Sports Page.
Wonder if they have anything planned for the finally.

One thing i did like was there Canucks coverage over eveyone elses. The post game interviews etc.

Possibly a "Best of" show tonight would be nice. All the foul ups etc.

I'm gonna miss the show.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the "best of" last night. It was Good. I will miss the show, I loved tuning it in before bed. It was especially great a few years back before the Canucks had all 82 games on TV. I would listen to many of them on CKNW and then check out the highlights later.. I used to be furious if I got home 3 minutes late and missed the Canucks highlights.

I do not mind Sportsnet or TSN's coverage of hockey but I will miss the local coverage and local view the guys presented. Of course I will also miss the Yuling Christmas and New Years stuff. Maybe they can return to present something like that every year still, who knows.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taylor looking about 18 was the best :)

TBH, I was mildly disapponted. It was too short and really didn't capture enough of the classic stuff... I can't believe they didn't do an hour long show with 30 minutes of interviews and 30 minutes of "yuling with the page" best-of.

I hope Carson, B-mac, Taylor, et al, attempt to get together and produce their own show for the holidays based on the yuling concept. You have to wonder why it wouldn't work? Surely some local network would pick it up? Just leave Fat Pratt out of it :mad:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Taylor looking about 18 was the best :)

TBH, I was mildly disapponted. It was too short and really didn't capture enough of the classic stuff... I can't believe they didn't do an hour long show with 30 minutes of interviews and 30 minutes of "yuling with the page" best-of.

I hope Carson, B-mac, Taylor, et al, attempt to get together and produce their own show for the holidays based on the yuling concept. You have to wonder why it wouldn't work? Surely some local network would pick it up? Just leave Fat Pratt out of it :mad:

Didn't he say he was hired at 22 years old? Not a bad gig at 22!
I was a bit dissapointed as well, 1hr would have been better but how can you cancel Check 6 Island news? It's so important! :rolleyes:

Highlights of Chris Hebb's early days were hilarious.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Didn't he say he was hired at 22 years old? Not a bad gig at 22!.
Yogi, that was Randorff...

To be honest, I lost interest in the show about 5 years ago. I think the large networks gobbled up my interest :rolleyes: . I tuned into the last show and realized that I missed (and will miss) the 'local' sports coverage. I admit I shed a tear last night, but it was in laughter ;). You're right Regs, not enough to end on :mad:

I know I have some old VCR Yuletide tapes in storage and I think I'll pull them out Christmas eve 2005 to keep the tradition alive:)

Thanks guys, it was good stuff while it lasted :cool:
+SC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably went downhill after putting guys like Squire Barnes and Perry Solkowski on.

Either that or everyone was already up to date on sports by 11:00pm from Sportsnet or TheScore. And not having a year of Canucks probably didn't help.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0