Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Page is done?

Who was your fav SportsPage personality?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did I hear right tonight, that Sports Page is finished? Something about Sports Net being on an hour earlier, TSN and Head Line sports (54) being to much competition? It the original a shame if its true..

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the same.

Once Randork and Taylor were gone, it was only a matter of time.

15 years later and I was right.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The original is right. How many times did you tune in to these guys before going to sleep and howl at something off-color they said? Friday nights were the best...Taylor always seemed to be half cut.

I'll miss "Yuellin' w/ the Page" the most, because honestly, it's probably the only Sports Page I do watch anymore. I get my highlights earlier now. But every year we make time to find the Yuellin specials.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Did I hear right tonight, that Sports Page is finished? Something about Sports Net being on an hour earlier, TSN and Head Line sports (54) being to much competition? It the original a shame if its true..

We don't know if you heard it right dickhead. A new thread and no source? What an idiot, you are worse then a little bitch starting rumours and chatting at the salon. What a steaming red plop a shite.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LVL,

For a guy that made some pretty serious threats regarding this site (that I was reminded of recently), you should really try and change your "tune" around here. Your 'ban' had been lifted in spite of this and after one day I'm already starting to regret it... open the newspaper, tune in to Team 1040 - there's your source.

Don't continue to be a jackass around TTP.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that rumour too.... Too many sports shows to compete for that little guy. Sportsnet Pacific basically covers there area... Sad to say no more need for them....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it didn't help that they brougth on Squealer Barnes, Jay Janower, and Barry Deley.
At least Barnes had som sports knowledge, the other 2 sounded like weathermen turned into sports casters.
Probably didn't help that they moved to an Island TV station on Chek 6. Never quite understood that. Always annoyed me that after sports page was over, i had to change the channel to something else as it was island news and who really gives a siht about island news.
It's too bad if it's true.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ironic that Don Taylor, as sad as he claims to be, will probably turn out to be the main reason for the show's demise. I tune in at 10:00 to watch Taylor, then go to bed. He's a big draw around here, and had he still been at the page, it'd probably still be going.

Yesterday he said he would have gone back to the Page for less. Bullshit, I say. He's being paid a boatload at SportsNet for a reason.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poll added to this thread (scroll up):

Who's your fav all-time SportPage personality?

Was it Randorf or Taylor with the infamous Jeff Cnut call? :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My favorite call: "And it deflects off the knob of his stick!" Although, said fast to sound like "...knob of his dick!"

Apparently he was nearly fired for that one.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Randorf did the "Jeff Cnut" routine. To this day, some desk guys still refer to Kent as "Dave Randorf's favourite baseball player".

Two nights ago the Page was interviewing Dave Dickenson about his sore back...and the caption underneath read "The Dick is still a little stiff"....I lost it. The guys at the Page were always hilarious, and a staple of the local sports market.

On an semi-related note: Tim Micallef from The Score had a beauty this NBA season. There was a highlight of LeBron dunking hard on Damon Jones (I think)....afterwards, LeBron dangled from the rim with Jones underneath, and his crotch swung into Jones' face, making for a pretty awkward scene.

So Micallef goes "I hear Damon Jones like cashews...which is good, cuz he's got nuts on his chin."

The whole studio loses it. Sid Seixerio was supposed to do the next highlight package but he was laughing too hard to get through it. They had to cut to commercial and when they did, you could hear the cameramen and teleprompter guys just killing themselves laughing. Too funny.

Anyways, RIP to the Page.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I put an e-mail in to Global TV
Here's some confirmation for LVL:

From "Henderson, Trevor (Vancouver CHAN)" <thenderson@globaltv.ca>
Sent Friday, August 12, 2005 10:27 am
To Yoda
Cc
Bcc
Subject RE: Cancelled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to tell you it's true. Thanks for your loyalty over the years.

Trevor Henderson

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 8:48 AM
To: sportspage@globaltv.ca
Subject: Cancelled

I have heard rumours and rumblings that Sports Page is going to be cancelled.

As a traditional show for every night before going to bed, i would be sadly dissapointed if the show was no longer on air. Always the best and funniest sports updates on TV.

Please say it isn't so!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
although this is with SNET, taylor when commenting on Satan's signing with the Islanders "I'm still waiting for him to play for the Devils"

always funny on the page and still with SNET

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
don taylors "marcus dekes out the entire team in naslundian fassion", goes good with whomever or whatever he's talking about at the time, and the good old "it was a georgeous move!!!" in that voice reminisant of bill walton's. both perfected at the page but still ticking strong at SNET Pacific.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and the good old "it was a georgeous move!!!" in that voice reminisant of bill walton's.
More like the voice(s) in your head. Noone else, and I do mean noone, thinks of Bill Walton when Taylor does that imitation.

Mind-numbing,

~Regs.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0