Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Soccer on TV

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
These are exciting times!

Is everyone aware that we are going to be able to get Fox Sports World in a couple of weeks on Shaw Digital Cable.

It is going to be one of the 30 "preview" channels which all come on the air this month at various stages. Apparently the CRTC haven't got approval to charge for the new channels in packages yet, so if you buy the converter box, or rent it for $11 a month, you will be able to get all the new channels as long as you have the box.

This is awesome. With Fox Sports World there will be loads of footy, including SkySports News every day for an hour.

The other channels should be good too and the picture is clearer. There is an online menu for all the programmes as well and you get 40 channels of digital music, with no adverts, or bollockey DJs talking shite all the time. Just 40 channels of music (music only, obviously) across all tastes.

I would prefer to buy a Direct TV dish as I hate paying the cable companies more money, and with the dish you get everything as long as you have a card, but this is a good compromise with the missus in the meantime.

Any comments out there from anyone who has a dish?

Daz

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it depends

Daz,

See this thread a posted awhile ago for a list of the 30 some-odd channels:

http://www.takethepiss.com/community/showthread.php?threadid=251

I have a Dish but haven't had it set-up in over a year or so. It's great though I didn't have a card... also keep in mind that you won't get any Canadian channels if going the Grey-market route. You'll still have to get cable if you do.

But I do believe that Bell's Expressvu is carrying the FSWC channel as well as an NHL Centre Ice package so that would be an option as well. I'm not sure about StarChoice, you'll have to ask Bigun about it as he has one currently.

Cheers,

~TBwhogotalittletoomuchsunyesterday.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Cheers. I thought there had been previous post on that but couldn't be arsed to find it.

Daz

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fox Sports World

I've got Bell Expressvu so I'll be adopting an even more sedentary lifestyle than usual. I think now would be a good time to shop around for a good recliner. I already have Telelatino (3 Italian League matches per weekend), CTV Sportsnet (EPL) and TSN (Champions League).

Here is the FSWC soccer line up for the first three days as listed on soccertv.com and reproduced on the bcsoccerweb.com. This doesn't even mention all the sports news shows with soccer highlights (Sky Sports News etc).

Friday 09/07:
6:00am: English Premier League: Bolton Wanderers vs. Liverpool (Taped)
11:00am: Dutch League: Teams TBA (Taped)
2:00pm: English Premier League: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United (Taped)
5:00pm: English Premier League: Newcastle United vs. Sunderland (Taped)
8:00pm: German Bundesliga: Teams TBA (Taped)
Saturday 09/08:
6:30am: German Bundesliga: Teams TBA (LIVE)
2:00pm: Dutch League: Twente vs. Ajax (Taped)
7:00pm: Scottish Premier League: Hibernian vs. Celtic (Taped)
Sunday 09/09:
6:00am: English Premier League: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Southampton (LIVE)
8:00am: English Premier League: Charlton Athletic vs. Fulham (LIVE)
12:00pm: German Bundesliga: Teams TBA (Taped)
5:00pm: Argentinian League: Teams TBA (Taped)
Monday 09/10:
12:00pm: English Premier League: Teams TBA (LIVE)

It looks like the FoxSportsWorld.com website will also be the home for FSWC info.

I don't see how you lomas will find time to play your matches with all that tea sipping and egg chasing that will also be on the tube.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday's Celtic vs Dunfermline match has just started on Shaw Digital channel 113. Fox Sports World Canada.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who gives a shite about seltik !!!!

Let's be honest, Celtic vs Dunfirmline....
a complete sleeper, Celtic will probably bore the shite out of those muckers....when they finally pass out from staring at those ming green and white hoops, that Swedish fellow will net a couple...
what's his name again?
Lenny Kravitz...

ps. Jinky, this is not a piss taking toward you, your probably just helping out the lads with nothing better to do...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jack Guiness from Rootin' Tootin' Newton eh?

Gee, I wonder what team you support.

If you had actually watched the game, you would have seen that Lenny never got on the scoreboard and that Lubo Moravcik is one of the finest players in the world.

If you had watched it, that is.

As a heads up to all the lads with nothing better to do tomorrow,
Fox Sports World will be showing Hearts Vs Rangers at 8pm.

I don't want to give away the ending but trust me, it's fcuking hillarious.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching this Chilean league game right now on FWS, I can see that the 80's haven't quite reached Santiago yet.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 80's were well on their way to Santiago during the late 90's when out of nowhere, Newton called and asked if they could keep them for another 10 years.

The 80's run in Newton, however, is expected to expire sometime during the fall of 2008, baring of course, any contract extensions. However, if, as expected, the 80's make their way to Santiago in 2008, expect Newton's mullets, faded jeans, and Iron Maiden T-shirts to make way for plaid shirts, doc martins and long-johns under cut-off army pants as the grunge era takes hold.

Willy

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

hey jinky when did you make the big move out of delta to kits, you don't seem like the yuppie party person,but i guess since you can afford to have shaw digital and pay your rent you proably don't have any money to party with.:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Van Morrison,

I've drank and played fitba' (sort of) in Delta but I've never lived there.
I actually moved here from the West End.

As far as partying is concerned, make no mistake, I do seem like the yuppie party person however, I really don't have much time for that sort of thing, what with all the charity work and fun runs I do.

The Kitsilano soup kitchen I volunteer in is a demanding mistress,
Chilean football on a plastic pitch is my only consolation.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinkwad or whatever your name is...I personally liked Yuppie (although not too common for an Isreali)....

Thanx for letting me know about the match.... and you are right about that young lad for Seltik...is he a Slovack?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinkwad or whatever my name is?

Sorry if it confused you, I'm new around here.

BTW, that young Slovakian is 36.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young at 36!!!

Jinkwad, you sure are up on your footy knowledge....even if it is sensless and daft knowledge!!!
that 3 way triple threat you now support as your logo is quite flash...I figured out the logo is Belfast Shamrocks, the black and white (yet highly effective) photo is of an IRA bomber and the third must be you dressed up from your 1979 Halloween party...

Today at 5pm Rangers vs Motherwell (fox Sports channel#113)...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it's an old icon and it consists of, Glasgow Celtic, "Jinky" Johnstone and Captain Scarlett, a puppet,..... muppet.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy Johnstone

Ah, he was one of the best ever to be produced in the UK...too bad he and Georgie Best would rather drink away their talents!!!! by the way, Rangers were full value for their 3-0 drubbing of Motherwell... it could have been at least 6...

do you know if fox sports world is perminent on Shaw Digital or just a month sample? (I've heard mixed answers)...

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It better be permanant or the digital box is going back to Mr Shaw.

I'm learning so much about various cultures around the world. Apparently in Chile, people show their respects for the victims of terrible disasters by singing loudly and banging on drums during a minute's silence. Fascinating.

ps, nice dive by DeBoer.

pps, Celtic versus Athletico Dundee tomorrow.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fox Sports

As far as I know FSWC is permanent. Along with the other new channels it is a "preview" channel until Shaw are given CRTC approval to charge for all the new channels, which could take up to a year.

If it ends up not being permanent, I'm with Jinky, and the box goes back to Shaw and I get a sattelite dish.

It's in our household to stay, for sure.

Daz:cool:

p.s. I say, Kelly Dalglish on Sky Sports News is a fair bit tasty!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all new digital channels

January is when Shaw has said they will 'price' the channels into packages... they are using the free preview time up until then to survey their customers for direct feedback on what channels go where and for how much.

~TB.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0