Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Soccer game fixing in Canada

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was sad to here that even amatrure and half Pro games are getting fixed in Canada. Fifa is on a big march now.
I would hate to be a ref invalved in that type of game scandales.
Watch camera work now.
Any other gus with coments to scandels in Canada.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was sad to here that even amatrure and half Pro games are getting fixed in Canada. Fifa is on a big march now.
I would hate to be a ref invalved in that type of game scandales.
Watch camera work now.
Any other gus with coments to scandels in Canada.

They only thing that should be fixed is You!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dutch I have no bronze teams. The one I head all the kids are playing in select soccer after three years of development,
Gurps Hollywood is a grate guy. He might like a drink or two but as far as games go he is a good ref. Ed can not get around to be bad.
Fother John I do't know who that is. Now Macedonian that's a diferant quastion.PCSL Team is still pissed off at that guy.
Game fixing was back east in a CPSL league. Fifa is investigating now. That's not a joke.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game fixing was back east in a CPSL league. Fifa is investigating now. That's not a joke.

I read the transcript of the interview of the player who claimed that games were being fixed for betting purposes. Some of hsi claims seem possible, but he also asserts that he was asked to fix a game by scoring 3 goals. No-one is going to offer a bribe in advance to score three.
Maybe some games in the CSL were fixed, but there is no hard evidence yet.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not a gambler but who bets on these games except for a friendly wager between friends? Why would anybody call a bookie to place a bet on amateur soccer game when there are so many professional games to bet on.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD, the goal of all the people who gamble who I know, is to win money. If you have some information on games that might be in the Khazakstan 2nd division....then you go with it. On a site I was on before(Celticminded), there were several posters who were friends of players who were playing in division two and division three. These players would tell them when they were missing a bunch of players for the next game well ahead of time. They knew if they were fielding 'weaker' teams for cup games etc. With this information, it often helps which way a punter will bet. The bottom line is if you are betting you want to win and if you hear information that might help that happen you go with it. It isn't illegal to hear information about who is playing in the games.....

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD, the goal of all the people who gamble who I know, is to win money. If you have some information on games that might be in the Khazakstan 2nd division....then you go with it. On a site I was on before(Celticminded), there were several posters who were friends of players who were playing in division two and division three. These players would tell them when they were missing a bunch of players for the next game well ahead of time. They knew if they were fielding 'weaker' teams for cup games etc. With this information, it often helps which way a punter will bet. The bottom line is if you are betting you want to win and if you hear information that might help that happen you go with it. It isn't illegal to hear information about who is playing in the games.....

I guess that's why I am not a gambler because I always assume the house has the best of odds. I am not about to put money down on a team I know nothing about and cannot watch because somebody on the internet who I have never met says the odds are really good:rolleyes:I will stick to poker with friends who I know are bad players because not only do I usually walk away with money I also can taunt the guys I take it from without fear of dark alleys.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am quite sure that some of you have witnessed how some soccer games here in BC were fixed too (unfortunately that was not FIFA level so logically no one ever investigated). Of course, the easiest way to fix a game here has always been through some refs. That is the easiest way to do it and say "Oh, well, refs are human too; they make mistakes!".
Certainly some of you have witnessed some games in which refereeing was so bad and against one team that you had feeling and simply knew that something was fishy. It is horrible when things like that happen at the youth level but some people will do everything in their power to win a certain competition or simply to screw up another team. Sad but true.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am quite sure that some of you have witnessed how some soccer games here in BC were fixed too (unfortunately that was not FIFA level so logically no one ever investigated). Of course, the easiest way to fix a game here has always been through some refs. That is the easiest way to do it and say "Oh, well, refs are human too; they make mistakes!".
Certainly some of you have witnessed some games in which refereeing was so bad and against one team that you had feeling and simply knew that something was fishy. It is horrible when things like that happen at the youth level but some people will do everything in their power to win a certain competition or simply to screw up another team. Sad but true.

Seriously? I refuse to believe that. I have seen some unbelievably shitty reffing, but that is because they are an unbelievably shitty ref. At the amateur level, people bitch about paying for their beer. They aren't then handing out C notes to a ref to help win a game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C notes?

You Westsiders and all your money, never in touch with the plights of the rest of us.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking the MLS would be a prime target given how poor the officiating is and does anybody think twice when a player makes a mistake that causes a goal, we would just assume he is a bad player but maybe Bonjour is a world beater that is on the take . Add to the fact that the salaries are low and I am sure most players and officials could use the extra cash, you might want to think twice about that sports action ticket.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umm yeah...

What a great conspiracy. I think some tin foil hats are a bit tight here. Honestly, is any game played here going to have enough money at stake to be worth fixing? Give your heads a collective shake, if only to loosen up those aforementioned too-tight aluminum chapeaus...:rolleyes:

I've been involved in the game here at a lot of different levels for over 40 years. I've seen blatantly horrible officiating, and some very questionable homers, but enough to be on the take? Seriously?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you are saying Bonjour and company are for real beacause I prefer to think they are on the take, now where is that sacastic icon:rolleyes: Speaking of poor officiating and refs that are on the take does anybody have pictures from the AMSL of Herb drinking beer out of team coolers. cue sarcasm once more:rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umm yeah...

What a great conspiracy. I think some tin foil hats are a bit tight here. Honestly, is any game played here going to have enough money at stake to be worth fixing? Give your heads a collective shake, if only to loosen up those aforementioned too-tight aluminum chapeaus...:rolleyes:

Trece, nice alien avatar. Do they exist?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0