Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Trade Schneider asap........

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
question is, once we unload this colossal overpaid joke, what do we pick up with the extra money.

forwards, wingers...tough d for the playoffs?

discuss your thoughts ;)

not quite up there with your brilliant golf joke thread but this still cracked a smile...............until I looked up how much Schneider is getting paid

To put my thread into perspective - Luongo gets paid 20 times what Schneider gets.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo and Hodgson to Montreal for Carey Price, Pernell Karl Subban and montreals first round pick in 2012 entry draft

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cap hit Cap hit Cap hit.

Ginger has a cap hit of 900k and this is the last year of his deal, he's an rfa at seasons end.
Lu has a cap hit of 5.334 for the next 8 seasons.

Schneider let in goals last night that Lu would have been crucified over, does he get a pass because he's "young" or "the backup" or because he makes less?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A funny excerpt from the Pass It To Bulis Blog:

For the second game in a row, Roberto Luongo was the problem, letting in three goals on 31 shots, including two goals on 6 shots in the third period, when the Canucks desperately needed him to shut the door in order to have a chance at clawing their way back into the game. Clearly, it’s time for Cory Schneider to take the reins and – hmm? What’s that? You say that Schneider started this game, not Luongo? Oh.

Cory Schneider was outstanding against the Blues tonight, keeping the Canucks in the game through two periods, giving up only one goal on 25 shots. Unfortunately, the skaters in front of him were unable to provide him with any goal support and, while desperately pushing for a goal in the third, gave up some prime scoring chances at the other end that Schneider couldn’t possibly be expected to stop
Made me laugh :)

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously Schneider is far too mentally weak to backstop our team to a Stanley Cup. I mean, he is 2-2!!!!#@$!! St. Louis's back up is now 4-0. Again, the Canucks did not score any goals and STILL our goaltender did not win the game for us.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luongo gets paid 20 times what Schneider gets.
Ummmm....not so sure about that. Schneider makes $900,000, so your math means Lou makes $18 million per. Seems a bit off.

Keep the salary thing in perspective. Schneider is 25. When Lou was 25 he made under $3 million per year. Yes, that's higher than Schneider, but Luongo was the only thing keeping Florida in games back then. A couple of Vezina nominations since have made him pretty well paid. Are you naive enough to think that Schneider won't be making several million dollars per year if he continues to play like an elite tender when he's 32?

Me thinks not.

Of course, if he's in Vancouver, stupid threads will pop up asking him to be traded for some younger, cheaper goalie.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummmm....not so sure about that. Schneider makes $900,000, so your math means Lou makes $18 million per. Seems a bit off.

Keep the salary thing in perspective. Schneider is 25. When Lou was 25 he made under $3 million per year. Yes, that's higher than Schneider, but Luongo was the only thing keeping Florida in games back then. A couple of Vezina nominations since have made him pretty well paid. Are you naive enough to think that Schneider won't be making several million dollars per year if he continues to play like an elite tender when he's 32?

Me thinks not.

Of course, if he's in Vancouver, stupid threads will pop up asking him to be traded for some younger, cheaper goalie.

Hey Monkey

i bet that pig in your Avatar could stop more than Lou and Ginger

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0