Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 So far..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to know everyones opinion of the teams theyve match up against so far this season... any surprises or disappointments... I just moved up from div 2 this year so im new to this league and its players... also since this new set up for games do you think its going to affect some teams more then others

Sir Shagalot

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cant speak for all the teams as we havent played them yet. I thought Langley Athletics looked good, and am surprised to see them not doing better. Other than that, am surprised that PM are doing so well.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too early to say. We (LUFC A) got off to a slow start, but the team is firing a little better now. We'll realy see over the next three weeks, as we play the Rangers, Gunners, and Raiders. All three will be very tough, and all three games will determine where we find ourselves sitting on the table at the end.

I am not shocked to see the Gunners doing well.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
We'll realy see over the next three weeks.

Can you say 0 and 3!

Friday night should be a good night, look for the Mighty Rangers to break out of the scoring drought.

7-0 or is it 7-1 Big Z?

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos,

Tell Z to bring some Dijan Mustard for those Hot Dogs.

Do I need to bring some red wine? I have a sassy (not so much cheeky) bottle of Australian Cat Piss I've been saving for a special occasion.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
Maybe some saurkraut too?

It is so ON!:mad:

Dude,

dijon mustard is acceptable.

In fact, I will approve any type of mustard, hot pepper, olive oil, and cheese (except for Kraft slices)

For the wine, we need Rangerforever to decide whether it be a white or red wine night.

Any one player to score multiple goals, gets a free I-Tie Combo.
Glass of wine, Geeger, another glass of wine, and shot of Limoncello.

7-0 or is it 7-1 Big Z?

hos
I guess that all depends if you are in net or not.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dewdney so far has to be the biggest surprise. Very weak after coming of a season in Premier. Honestly though, I thought they were average at best a few years back anyways. Moody has been a surprise in my mind. Watched them against the Rangers and was impressed. Not super skillful but they make up for that with their speed and youth. Hard working also. Aldergrove is not a bad side either.

It is gong to be a dog fight for the top spot in Div 1.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree.

Dewdney has been a disappointment....
Actually, #22 has been a disappointment.
By week 6 (last time they were in Div 1) #22 had something like 11 goals.

That being said, I predict Dewdney to come away with all three points this weekend against Aldergrove.

#22 with two goals in a 3-1 win.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um, no.

Aldergrove is a grass team, accustomed to mid day starts. DFC will have very little home park advantage.

If DFC fields the same team as they did vs. us, and if Aldergrove play the same hard working, hard tackling style as they did against us, it will be a HUM-PING.

Wade may pot two, but it will be in a 6-2 loss.

Seriously.

Ace

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well thank you to dude for the vote of confidence. although 6-2 might be a stretch considering we are still getting used to the style of play in Div1 and we've yet to have our full team out to a game. I think its funny how most everyone on here thinks that when they get us on turf we will falter. Actually our biggest wins the past two years have all come on turf. Just because we play on grass at home doesnt mean we don't know how to play on the artificial stuff. Its actually a dream to play on the faster wider surface, it makes for better soccer. Anyways, looking forward to playing dewdny on Sat. Should be a fun one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0