Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some news: early indications by staff this week are that the top ten of the rankings will be a VMSL 6 FVSL 4 split. That is rather extraordinary for the rankings in recent memory. Staff are predicting the rankings will be out tomorrow now.

Sir M

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some news: early indications by staff this week are that the top ten of the rankings will be a VMSL 6 FVSL 4 split. That is rather extraordinary for the rankings in recent memory. Staff are predicting the rankings will be out tomorrow now.

Sounds like Richmond made it into the top 10! :wa::knvb::bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will actually be getting these rankings out in the next day or two (I hate this laptop). On another front, I caught about 15 minutes of the Norvan vs NAFC and I must say that NAFC have the sharpest Masters uniforms I have seen in a while. I also note that the NCSL teams get Rene, and we keep getting this guy...(in this clip being interviewed by JAGS a few years back)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8ZL_gcTSM&feature=related

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol HJ...ALL over it...M.

I actually have them done now, but I am gonna watch Monday Night Football, should be a cracker.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda you are right. I will try to get them done tomorrow, but something much more more important has come up such as the Boys Conference Cup 5 District U12 Gold (what a joke). Staff have been diverted to this important breaking issue for now. An incredible injustice.

Stay tuned...M.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda you are right. I will try to get them done tomorrow, but something much more more important has come up such as the Boys Conference Cup 5 District U12 Gold (what a joke). Staff have been diverted to this important breaking issue for now. An incredible injustice.

Stay tuned...M.

If you only knew Sir M....LOL. Drama at it's highest unfolding in Surrey.:)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For crying in the sink, it has been almost a month since the last rankings. But we are now ready for this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2010-2011...

1. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last rank: 1. Columbus has won three straight since last time. 1st in VMSL. Home to Westside tomorrow.

2. West Van FC (VMSL). Last rank: 4. West Van has also won three straight since the last rankings. 2nd in VMSL. Away to Sapperton tomorrow.

3. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last rank: 2. Poco drops one after tying last week. 3rd in FVSL. Away to NDAU next.

4. Westside A (VMSL). Last rank: 7. This team is now back north of the Tropic of Capricorn, and have rattled off 2 straight wins. Columbus next. 4th in VMSL.

5. White Rock United (FVSL). Last rank: 5. WRU has had a couple of wins and a tie lately. Top of FVSL at present. Home to Chilliwack next.

6. Delta United (FVSL). Last rank: 6. DU had a couple of ties and a cancellation (sounds a bit like JAGS' recent romantic history actually). 4th in FVSL, PAU next.

7. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last rank: 3. Three straight losses leads to this drop. 3rd in VMSL. West Van next at Queens Park.

8. Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL). Last rank: 9. Up one after 1 blowout 5-1 win and 2 ties. Currently 2nd in FVSL. Aldergrove next.

9. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last rank: 13. Two wins and a loss move these guys up. 5th in VMSL. Home to Richmond in the Anti-Fan's backyard tomorrow.

10. Surrey United (VMSL). Last rank: 8. SU drops a couple spots after 1 win, 1 tie and a loss. Home to PCOV next.

11. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Last rank: 10. PCOV drop one after a loss to West Van and a win over Romania. 7th in VMSL. SU next.

12. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). Last rank: not ranked. This team makes another appearance in the rankings after knocking off a couple of top of the table type teams in succession on the North Shore. They also have some of the best kit in Masters football. Guardians next.

13. North Delta United Alumni (FVSL). Last rank: 18. NDAU make a big move after a couple of emphatic wins and a one goal loss to the 1st place team in the FVSL. 6th in the FVSL, home to Poco next. FVSL MOTW.

14. South Delta FC (FVSL). Last rank: 11. SDFC drops after two postponements and a 4 goal loss. 5th in FVSL, Abbotsford next.

15. Nordic FC (NSCL). Last rank: 15. Staff does not believe this team has played in the last month. 3rd in NSCL. They may be playing the Vikings next.

16. Richmond FC (VMSL). Last rank: 17. Richmond beat up Romania, tied Surrey U, and lost by a couple to Columbus, so are up one. 8th in VMSL. Away to Wickham next.

17. Peace Arch United (FVSL). Last rank: 14. PAU had a few postponements and a loss. Home to DU next in a game against their arch-rivals. 7th in FVSL presently.

18. KLM Alemania (VMSL). Last rank: 12. Three straight losses drop this side. 9th in VMSL, Romania next.

19. Westside Originals (VMSL). Last rank: not ranked. Running the table in Div 1 VMSL. 22nd Avenue Lions next.

20. Romanian FC (VMSL). Last rank: 16. 4 straight losses, last in VMSL Premier. KLM next in a must win game for both teams.

So there you have it finally...good luck to all teams.

Sir M

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
For crying in the sink, it has been almost a month since the last rankings. But we are now ready for this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2010-2011...

1. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last rank: 1. Columbus has won three straight since last time. 1st in VMSL. Home to Westside tomorrow.

2. West Van FC (VMSL). Last rank: 4. West Van has also won three straight since the last rankings. 2nd in VMSL. Away to Sapperton tomorrow.

3. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last rank: 2. Poco drops one after tying last week. 3rd in FVSL. Away to NDAU next.

4. Westside A (VMSL). Last rank: 7. This team is now back north of the Tropic of Capricorn, and have rattled off 2 straight wins. Columbus next. 4th in VMSL.

5. White Rock United (FVSL). Last rank: 5. WRU has had a couple of wins and a tie lately. Top of FVSL at present. Home to Chilliwack next.

6. Delta United (FVSL). Last rank: 6. DU had a couple of ties and a cancellation (sounds a bit like JAGS' recent romantic history actually). 4th in FVSL, PAU next.

7. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last rank: 3. Three straight losses leads to this drop. 3rd in VMSL. West Van next at Queens Park.

8. Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL). Last rank: 9. Up one after 1 blowout 5-1 win and 2 ties. Currently 2nd in FVSL. Aldergrove next.

9. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last rank: 13. Two wins and a loss move these guys up. 5th in VMSL. Home to Richmond in the Anti-Fan's backyard tomorrow.

10. Surrey United (VMSL). Last rank: 8. SU drops a couple spots after 1 win, 1 tie and a loss. Home to PCOV next.

11. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Last rank: 10. PCOV drop one after a loss to West Van and a win over Romania. 7th in VMSL. SU next.

12. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). Last rank: not ranked. This team makes another appearance in the rankings after knocking off a couple of top of the table type teams in succession on the North Shore. They also have some of the best kit in Masters football. Guardians next.

13. North Delta United Alumni (FVSL). Last rank: 18. NDAU make a big move after a couple of emphatic wins and a one goal loss to the 1st place team in the FVSL. 6th in the FVSL, home to Poco next. FVSL MOTW.

14. South Delta FC (FVSL). Last rank: 11. SDFC drops after two postponements and a 4 goal loss. 5th in FVSL, Abbotsford next.

15. Nordic FC (NSCL). Last rank: 15. Staff does not believe this team has played in the last month. 3rd in NSCL. They may be playing the Vikings next.

16. Richmond FC (VMSL). Last rank: 17. Richmond beat up Romania, tied Surrey U, and lost by a couple to Columbus, so are up one. 8th in VMSL. Away to Wickham next.

17. Peace Arch United (FVSL). Last rank: 14. PAU had a few postponements and a loss. Home to DU next in a game against their arch-rivals. 7th in FVSL presently.

18. KLM Alemania (VMSL). Last rank: 12. Three straight losses drop this side. 9th in VMSL, Romania next.

19. Westside Originals (VMSL). Last rank: not ranked. Running the table in Div 1 VMSL. 22nd Avenue Lions next.

20. Romanian FC (VMSL). Last rank: 16. 4 straight losses, last in VMSL Premier. KLM next in a must win game for both teams.

So there you have it finally...good luck to all teams.

Sir M

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question....If you had to compare, top to bottom, the VMSL, FVSL, NSCL and VISL masters leagues using 1.0 as the highest value what do you think it would look like..eg...

VMSL - 1.0
FVSL - .85
VISL - .80
NSCL - .75

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From top to bottom?

Hmmm, that would be a tough one just because it only takes a couple of really 2 stinker teams to skew the competitiveness of a league.

That being said, I would group these 4 leagues into 2 tiers with the VMSL & FVSL in one and the VISL & NSCL in the other.

I think the top teams in the first tier are close and if you took the top 4 in each and played off, I wouldn't be surprised in a saw-off.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not that easy to get to the top, you need to work your way there. And once you do, you need to work even harder to stay because there's always someone looking to take your place.

Or something like that.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0