Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2010-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valid Coach, but Sapp are not really that good based on what I have seen this year. On a bit of another topic, who else is a real power in the FVSL after Poco?

Sir M

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
At first blush, I would say it would look something like this at the top:

1: Poco
2: Columbus
3: West Van
4: Westside
5: Sapperton

Thats based on what I have seen this year, with some input from staff correspondent "The Watchman".

Sir M

This is very generous Sir M. I'm not sure we can compete with the VMSL. From the VMSL I would give White Rock some credit. Very good team. South Delta also very tough. Dragons can't compete - if you have one good center back that can mark the big German Nazi then they are very weak.

JTL

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Jack. Ill have a closer look and try to get a full top twenty out. After I get back from Las Vegas Friday...:wa:

RF thanks for putting me in touch with our ref from Friday, Panorama or whatever they call it in South Surrey is quite pretty countryside actually...just a short drive from Upper Lonsdale.

Sir M

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to go with coach with this one. I was very surprised with the WestVan. They are not really that good based on what I have seen this year.
I'll be back from Atlantic City on Saturday comment more.:cool:

Time will tell with the rankings between WV, WS, and Sapp with games still remaining between the 3.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is very generous Sir M. I'm not sure we can compete with the VMSL. From the VMSL I would give White Rock some credit. Very good team. South Delta also very tough. Dragons can't compete - if you have one good center back that can mark the big German Nazi then they are very weak.

JTL

The Watchman's Comments:

White Rock try to play the pretty football,but don't penetrate too much,will fold if they go 2 nil down.

The Dragons are nothing with Kuschy,know how to play him and the team is done.

I agree with JTL about South Delta,got some good results lately,have 2 strong front runners you have to watch.

Castilians are really hurting thro' injuries right now,we lose 2 top lads who are under age.Will be a threat if the injuries clear up in time.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you send me the results from the FVSL this weekend Watchman, and maybe last week?

It will make things easier to get the rankings out.

Thanks,

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last weekend Feb 3rd ,4th there was no games

This week make up games

Delta United Vs Chilliwack Chilliwack forfeited ......... Chilli Dogs not interested at all this year.Big strong team last year,weird.
ND Alumni 1 Dragons 3
Aldergrove 5 Abby Brickmen 3
Peace Arch United 1 Castilians 5

South Delta might have to win the Cup to qualify for BC's

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Watchman.

Objectively, on an out of 10 say basis, how would you rate the top 6 in the FVSL...with your #1 team being a 10...based on recent performance, strength of opposition and overall performance? JTL et al can you wade in as well on this? You can PM me if you like, especially if you are not comfortable publicly posting about this. I am trying to get a real feel as to who is who out there in the FVSL, as all staff out there have suddenly fallen silent. RF, what do you think?

Otherwise, we may have to live with computer based rankings out of the NSCL.

Thanks,

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Watchman.

Objectively, on an out of 10 say basis, how would you rate the top 6 in the FVSL...with your #1 team being a 10...based on recent performance, strength of opposition and overall performance? JTL et al can you wade in as well on this? You can PM me if you like, especially if you are not comfortable publicly posting about this. I am trying to get a real feel as to who is who out there in the FVSL, as all staff out there have suddenly fallen silent. RF, what do you think?

Thanks,

Sir M

Thanks Watchman.

SOUTH DELTA have been flying since the xmas break,haven't lost,beating The Dragons and White Rock and Delta United.Don't get too much tougher then that.They have a fighting spirit and 2 lads up front that makes things happen.
Have to rate them a 9.

WHITE ROCK have slipped a wee bit losing to Poco and South Delta since the break.The team loses the will to win when losing.looks like they want to walk off the field.Play pretty football but don't have much up front.
Recent performances I rate them a 7

THE DRAGONS have also slipped recently losing to South Delta 3-0 and being thrashed by Poco 6-0.Kuschy does make a difference and has been suspended for a few games,he's always a threat if he can stay on the field,unrest in that camp.Bad results lately.
I rate them 6.5

DELTA UNITED have done well against the top teams,taking points here and there.They don't seem to have that killer instinct,they don't make things happen,they let things happen.Like South Delta they need to win the Cup to qualify for BC's.
I rate them a 6

TW

Thanks,

Sir M

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to all correspondents, staff, competitors and Paparazzi over the last few weeks for all of their input. We here at Rankings Central are now in a position to go forward with the latest and muched anticipated edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2010-2011...

1. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last rank: 3. Poco is rounding into form at the right time of year, and are a couple of wins away from clinching their second consecutive FVSL title.

2. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last rank: 1. Columbus drops after a loss, tie and win over the last three games. They won the VMSL league, and will be one of the favourites in the BCs, staff report.

3. West Van FC (VMSL). Last rank: 2. West Van won a couple, but then lost at Sapperton, thereby losing their chance to repeat as VMSL champions.

4. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last rank: 7. Sapp has gone on a roll after three straight losses, including notable wins over West Van and Westside at home.

5. White Rock United (FVSL). Last rank: 5. WRU is in second place in the FVSL and could contend in the BCs.

6. Westside A (VMSL). Last rank: 4. This team's schedule has caught up with them a bit, and they now are fighting injuries and suspensions. Having said that, they were in a much tougher ranking position at this time last year, and went on to win the Provincial Cup.

7. South Delta FC (FVSL). Last rank: 14. SDFC jumps way up, and have a good shot of making the BCs.

8. Delta United (FVSL). Last rank: 6. DU is still battling to make the BCs, and are a well rounded side. They have had trouble against the top teams though.

9. Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL). Last rank: 8. This team is a bit one dimensional, but can do damage on any given day. Iffy to make the BCs...

10. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Last rank: 11. PCOV had a big win over SU out at Cloverdale on the weekend. Interesting matchup against the VMSL Div 1 Champs coming up in Cup play...

11. Surrey United (VMSL). Last rank: 10. SU drops after losing at home. They are a good side, but struggle with consistency. They can, however, still beat anyone on any given day.

12. North Delta United Alumni (FVSL). Last rank: 13. NDAU has a ton of experience, size, and are well coached. Sadly, due to the current allocation of BCs spots to the respective leagues, they are not favoured to make the BCs by staff. Hopefully staff are wrong...

13. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last rank: 9. This team is one of the toughest teams to play at home. In the BCs at this pooint, but not for sure...

14. Norvan FC (NSCL). Last rank: not ranked. Norvan has forged its way up into this spot in the rankings. 1st in the NSCL, and I believe they have qualified for the BCs.

15. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). Last rank: 12. This team is currently in second place in the NSCL and have a good shot at the BCs.

16. Richmond FC (VMSL). Last rank: 16. Richmond does well against weaker teams, but struggle against tougher teams. They have to rely on Cup play to qualify for the BCs.

17. Peace Arch United (FVSL). Last rank: 17. PAU is a long shot to make the BCs this year.

18. KLM Alemania (VMSL). Last rank: 12. On their way back down to Div 1 in the VMSL, but did not finish last.

19. Roma FC (NSCL). Last rank: not ranked. This team is well coached, has some good players, and some not so good players. Sir M is impressed about how many guys they get out to games, and this may be a recipe for success in the BCs.

20. Westside Originals (VMSL). Last rank: 19. This side should be promoted to Premier in the VMSL next year, but is there a rules controversy over that?

Anyway, there you go. Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Sir M

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM just can't get accept Sapp beating WV. After convincing wins over 2 top-5 teams in 2 weeks, true POWER rankings would have Sapp higher...perhaps even #2 with Columbus going 1-1-1 in their final 3 matches.
Sapp took the Xmas break off early, but is 5-0 in 2011 with 23 GF, 9 GA.

Get over the loss SirM......

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, I'm sure you will agree with BMCR rankings instead for this week at least anyways!!;)

Rank DivRank #Games Lge Team PW Indexed
1 1 15 FVSL Poco Cast. FC 211.4
2 1 18 VMSL Columbus FC 197.0
3 3 17 VMSL Sapp Rovers 196.5
4 2 17 VMSL West Van FC 182.5
5 1 14 VISL UVic Alumni MA 169.7

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's too bad the Vancouver Island teams don't chime in a bit on TTP, then we might have a bit better representation from all the Master's leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0