Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dick (don't take that the wrong way )
well I guess the City of Vancouver named the Park almost right ... left out "play"

bring on the Boo's

all my negative talk about the park is in the hopes that we really do play ...

Keep up the verbal diahrea and you won't have to worry about playing.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep up the verbal diahrea and you won't have to worry about playing

I Bring my chair and sit with Ruscher

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah Trece, we had a classic snow plink last Saturday. The young demons could not have been playing -- no snow tires?

Of course, it is never the same without Ian (Hanno can not compare); what has happened to him? We spent so long training him, we feel abandoned! If you see him tell him we are not finished grooming him for league play yet.

Tomorrow. 1:30 kickoff. They've shut down the Willingdon detention centre and our days may be numbered, alumni should turn out while they can.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a brilliant display last night we beat Crack 4-0, should take us to Top 10 in the rankings - actually above the Rangers would be appropriate just to see Coach's tirade.
The Zamboni came out at half time - as did Sicoli as he was too cold - these late night games on frozen Burnaby Lake turf (parking lot) are going to get someone hurt ..... great idea to play next Friday night at the height of xmas party season - maybe we can play Saturday night as well.
AuntyFan - we had 14 players last night - where were you ?

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now they can really start the infighting...looks like all teams playing tomorrow morning will have to be lacing up skates to play on the frozen tundra.

Cheers!

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes they are relegated ... I am surprised they make it back up every time they go back down - although they should consider going to the Valley as they would likely be the 4th place team in their Premier league.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J:

Plinking last weekend was precluded by too many work and family commitments. Will be out at the next available opportunity - hopefully the 15th if the daemonspawn get frozen out again, but for sure the week after for XMas plinking.

Not sure about the trainee - he's apparently been a bit of a recluse lately. Personally, I haven't seen him since last February when I had my heed injured.

Sir M, nice job as always. Monday morning coffee just wouldn't be the same without the rankings.

I am serious.

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I was just sort of reflecting on local Master's football recently, which is paramount in some of our live's by the way. And I asked myself a question of myself.

"Why on God's green earth Sir M did resort to today getting a Christmas pedicure..."

(OOPS..my inside voice) :eek:.

What I meant to say was,

"Self, given all of the debate and squabbling that goes on on this and various other threads about the relative strengths of the VMSL, FVSL and NSCL Masters leagues, why do these leagues stack up as follows going into the holiday season:

All three leagues are scheduled to play more or less the same amount of games over their league season, and then there are the various league cup competitions, and then the Provincials. But it appears that going into the Christmas break, the following leagues will have completed the following amount of games:

FVSL: All teams will most likely have completed between 12 and 14 games.

VMSL: All teams will most likely have completed between 11 and 14 games.

NSCL: All teams will most likely have completed between 7 and 8 games."

So it appears that the former two leagues are relatively consistent in their scheduling, while the latter is significantly (statistically anyway) different in their scheduling. It seems that all three leagues have more or less the same amount of artificial turf times proportionately available, (or no)?

In any event, perhaps the three "go to" persons for the three leagues could respond? (I believe but am not sure that they are all, in order, the following TTPers: Coach, SCP, and Lupoman). SCDMTC Blonde may have some comments as well.

Just wondering.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that the NSCL teams are encouraged to call in and cancel games if their best player has a sore toe or otherwise unavailable -- helps to prevent ties and points owed...

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that the NSCL teams are encouraged to call in and cancel games if their best player has a sore toe or otherwise unavailable -- helps to prevent ties and points owed...

Well now that you mention it.....actually, in order to keep everyone having played more or less the same amount of games we postpone the entire league and do make-ups on the turf if we lose the grass due to weather. We have 8 games each to go and something like 12 weeks in which to play them. Also, cup play in the NSCL is strictly divisional, so only 2 weeks are required to play these.....3 if we do them only on the turf. We lose the grass as of mid March, but have the turf until the end of April. Also, Lupoman's joints hurt too much in the cold weather, and playing seriously cuts into the martini time. Cold weather also means that the martini gear can come out of the freezer and go on to the rear deck, thus avoiding Mrs. Lupoman's nasty comments about no room in the freezer for food.;) Foolish woman.

lupoman

lupomanprefersbombaysaphire

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose, you are definitely correct about Cracovia...top three at the very least. I am serious. Having said that, Wickham it looks like could be top two on your side of the VMSL. But I do notice that one of Wickham's off season signings (or so I thought anyway) is mentioned in Azzi's superlative week in review as playing for Norvan A, it appears in the back, this last week.

Coleman can you elaborate?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what to say... that last big loss to Westside hurt, who can deny him going back to the Show now. And that #### Whaley can be persuasive, I might sign too after a few pints at the Norvan Christmas do. But, being a Fireman, we had to do without him for a number of big games already -- we would have been clear of the drop zone for sure if he had been available and healthy all fall.

He will transfer back though, as rumour has it his giant friend is going to be ready for the Cup run. I might even dust off the boots then; I could play on the back with the two of them, easy peasy. Then we could once again release the infamous "hive of bees" midfield -- who could cope?

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ColemanJ That midfield of your could spell trouble for the New Honey Comb Uniforms West Van just recieved for xmas. Was that a coincidence?

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Sir M find some 90's vintage Arsenal uniforms on EBay -- sweet. They will come in handy if someone's sister gets lost in the snow and night is coming.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was not even going to post about this week's rankings as really, not much has changed since last week, since there were not too many games played. But I will do an abbreviated (much like Dickens on the pitch) version of this week's rankings. But be forewarned, it will be (ahem)...short.

So here we go, once again with this week's edition of,

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

1. Columbus F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 1). Columbus defeated PCOV on the weekend, and hold their top spot. They are currently the best side in local Masters Football, staff report, but to quote staff member SCK's quite accurate mantra: it is a long season in the VMSL... Home to Metro Ford next.

2. S.F.C. Rangers (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 2). This team holds their spot after a disappointing for staff forfeit win over a ranked side. Not a good show by the FVSL, staff analysts report. Away to the All Blacks next.

3. Cliff Ave. United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 3). Did not play. Away to Sapperton next. And much like a dialogue between Hose and SCK, that is never fun.

4. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 4). Tied West Van on the weekend, and hold their spot. Home to Westside next, potential MOTW.

5. West Van F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 5). Tied SU on Friday. No game this week.

6. Westside F.C. (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 7). Westside are up one spot even though they did not play, as Sir M has an affinity for this club for some reason. Away to SU next, in what should be a thorough examination.

7. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 8). Up another spot with their "no one likes us, we don't care" attitude. Are coming on of late, despite no game this last weekend. Host Cliff Avenue next out at Sapperton park. Wow..

8. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 6). Down a couple after their loss on the weekend. Away to Inter next. Staff wonder, after reading some interesting banter on the FVSL thread of late, how a team which would combine the best players from PCOV, Inter, Cliff and Columbus, for example, might fare in the greater scheme of Masters football.

9. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 9). No game on the weekend, home to Sikh next.

10. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 10). Another team who didn't play this weekend. Host PCOV next, in what should be a tight game.

11. Peace Arch United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 11). This side did not play on the weekend. Staff report they are very strong, until you get to the frontrunners. Host Moneyman's GEU next.

12 Wickham FC (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 12). No game last week, and no game this week either. But enough about ColemanJ's social life.

13. Coquitlam Metro Ford Wolves (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 12). Another win for MF, which is good news for them, over Cracovia this last week. Away to Columbus coming up.

14. Vancouver Firefighters (VMSL. Last week’s rank: 14). Did not play. Away to Cracovia next in a game that staff predict they should win.

15. Langley All Blacks (FVSL. Last week's rank: 16). Up a spot after their narrow defeat of the mighty GEU Thunder. Away to Surrey FC Rangers next, a team that does not take Masters Football seriously, staff report.

16. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 15). This team is down one spot after no game on the weekend. Away to Norvan next, in a game which Sir M may personally attend, as long as their are sausage rolls to be had.

17. Aldergrove United (FVSL. Last week’s rank: 18). Up one spot, mostly due to the fact that they did not forfeit. Home to the venerable Abbotsford Ancient Mariners next (excellent name for a team by the way).

18. Richmond United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 19). This side is thus far dominating the VMSL Div. 1 Masters, and continue to do so after their win over CCFC (a team named after people that pour concrete in the rain) this last weekend. Away to Meralomas next, which could also be a MOTW.

19. Nordic FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 20). They did not forfeit, and, as such move up one spot. Did not play on the weekend, and are up against Lynn Valley Aztecas next, in which will be a big game for the North Shore Yucutan community.

20. Vikings FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Although this team did not play on the weekend, the very complex rankings methodology has put this side of big fellows back into the top 20 of these rankings.

So there you have it. The message here I suppose is if a team forfeits, they stand a real risk of being bounced.

And one more message, when Sir M read this week's edition of the SMEPR's, he originally thought that he was suffering from mononucleosis.

But, alas, I discovered I was just bored.

Until next week then.

Sir M.

Ok The Lordship Sir M the mighty Thunder laid a sweet old fashioned shiit kicking on the Allblacks last night so the year should end almost the way it began with Thunder in the top 20.Money buys results just ask Phatanslow.

cheers;

$$$MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0