Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2006-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of comments just to let everyone knows how this works:

Trece quit making fun of this or else you are going to be kicked off of staff, or be forced into a sordid evening of Mateus, cold Bifanas, those little white slippery beans and losing a lot of money to people with furry eyebrows on The Drive in weird card games, all overseen by a handsome man in a Kappa track suit, who may or may not be a staff member.

Steve1234 (sounds a bit like Bro's Captain Morgan pouring technique to me):

Voting implies democracy. Make no mistake, this is not even the least bit democratic. The rankings are the result of the hard and untiring work of a number of (and anonymous except for Trece :eek: oops, sorry!) experts on Masters Football, strategically placed, oftentimes in "sleeper cells" throughout the Province..

But having said that, we do strive for excellence in these rankings, so if you do have a complaint...

Actually, forget it, we don't have a complaints department.

One remedy may be to start "Steve1234's excellent power rankings'' I suppose.

We do, however, strive to be as accurate as we can, so if staff inaccurately reported a Columbus 5, Richmond Utd 1 scoreline in Week One, please advise: you have my word that staff member(s) will be reprimanded if appropriate (one penalty which comes to mind is the Commercial Drive poker game mentioned above :eek: )

Staff stand by this week's rankings.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I find this both excellent and informative, like a good infomercial of Suzanne Summers rocking the thighmaster.

My only complaint is that Lion's Italian haikus are getting too difficult to follow.

Seriously.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir MWhere'sMyCar:

Please Chief, anything but those little white slippery beans and the guy who chews the Kappa track suit...

Bad enough I've got to deal with getting all the weirdness off his computer, without having to play cards with him again, but as one of those guys with furry eyebrows, I resemble that remark...:eek: :D

Dude:

Italian haikus are supposed to be difficult to follow.

Don't worry about the power rankings. You're not old enough yet to need to be worried. The only thing you should worry about is your hair, and whether Tater's is nicer or not. Seriously, Thighmaster doesn't play at this level either. No, seriously. Now fcuk off, we're all busy.

Trece

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now fcuk off, we're all busy.

I know the feeling, and respect your honesty.

I am convinced Dap is actually gray underneath that blond mob, and he bleaches. I'll prove it one day, and expose him.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, Dude, you mean to tell me, that after spending three days on this summer's mountain-bike tour in near proximity to me, that you didn't notice that my hair is not blonde? Either you have two glass eyes, suffer from Alzheimer's, or you are, what is known as in scientific terms, a complete spastic dumbass. Can we get a poll on this?

Anyway, cool power rankings. Let's go, uh, Columbus! Any team named after the explorer who discovered North America hundreds of years after the Vikings and seventy years after the Chinese must be good! Or third.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Anyway, cool power rankings. Let's go, uh, Columbus! Any team named after the explorer who discovered North America hundreds of years after the Vikings and seventy years after the Chinese must be good! Or third.
Agreed, and to add according to the knowledge network....on Columbus day none the less...he was also a Jewish Pirate. All of this from DNA testing! Technology, where would we be without it.:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are working feverishly to get out this week's Rankings but are still waiting on scouts to report on the following two Sunday matchups:

Surrey F. C. vs Sapperton Old Boys.

Columbus F.C. vs ICSF Inter.

Thank you in advance.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice job as always Sir M

Rangers 3 Sapperton 0

Nice little battle as the Rangers continue to rebuild.

Two new players ready to transfer and make thier Rangers debut this coming Fiday night.

A little blast form the past!

Columbus 1 Inter 1

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice thanks Coach.

(This post is not a confirmation that "Coach" is or is not a member SMEPR staff and SMEPR in no way, in an official capacity, endorses, supports or validates any opinion posted on this site by "Coach" or any other learned Masters footballer for that matter.)

But having said that, good to hear SFC are back.

Result noted.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely BRM will be top dog this week with the 2 teams above us dropping points this weekend?

I'm guessing that this weekend will see a 1/2 match-up out at Cloverdale unless Sapperton (VMSL) vaults up to number 2 ahead of Sir M's boys.

:D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
But having said that, good to hear SFC are back.

Result noted.
the young boys...old boys...need to rescue us...help.. at least one of the rangers are still keeping it real. Damn lessons by u old timers! Good win boys.:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, results are in, analyzed and tabulated: time for week two of Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings:

Here we go...

1. Surrey United. (Week 1 Rank: #3). Made an emphatic statement with their away dismissal of debutante front runners #4 last week Metro Ford Wolves this past Friday.

2. Sapperton Rovers. (Week 1 Rank: #5). The defeat of a last week top ranked side #1 Westside (most weeks this would have put them on top) away puts them at #2. Definitely a force.

3. West Van F.C. (Week 1 Rank: #2). Drop one after their tie with the BC Champs (see below). This week were unable to get the win with a much stronger lineup than in previous weeks.

4. Vancouver Firefighters. (Week 1 Rank: #6). Sir M would have personally ranked this side #1... a bunch of aging and hurt players on an undermanned side having a bunch of ex-Whitecaps running at them and...got up by 2 after 75 minutes...outstanding effort by the Champions this week moves them up two spots.

5. Westside F. C. "A". (Week 1 Rank: #1). A classic example of exactly how close things are at the top of the Rankings: lose at home, drop four spots.

6. Metro Ford Wolves. (Week 1 Rank: #4). One point in the last two weeks...staff may have to revisit this ranking should this trend continue...

7. ICSF Inter. (Week 1 Rank: #9). Tied Columbus at home, without RZ, if they would have held their lead they would have been at least 1 or 2 (or more) spots higher.

8. Columbus F. C. (Week 1 Rank: #7). Came back today after being down by one to Inter, but a tie at home will not move them up in the Rankings.

9. Peace Arch United. (Week 1 Rank: #8). It seems a bit harsh that the FVSL leaders drop one after a 4-2 defeat of Aldergrove but staff are not yet convinced that they can handle the likes of Columbus, Inter etc. Sometimes life is not fair.

10. Surrey F. C. (Week 1 Rank: #10). Thumped last week's #19 Sapperton Old Boys three bagel this weekend, and staff have sat up and taken notice.

11. Portugese Club of Vancouver "A". (Week 1 Rank: #11). Maintained their ranking this week, one more similar result will move them right into the Italian's territory.

12. Wickham F. C. (Week 1 Rank: #13). An away tie in Richmond without their top scorer, or #1 goaltender for that matter, moves them up one spot.

13. Richmond Utd. (Week 1 Rank: #14). Tie vs Wickham moves them up one.

14. Mission F. C. (Week 1 Rank: not ranked). A big 5-1 win against a feisty All Blacks side vaults the lads from far, far away right into the top 20.

15. Nordic F. C. (Week 1 Rank: #17). Idle this week, and moving up two, but didn't lose or tie, thats why...:confused:

16. Cliff Ave. Utd. (Week 1 Rank: #15). Yes they won, but by one goal against a middle of the pack Division 1 side results in a drop of one spot.

17. Coveside F. C. (Week 1 Rank: #12). A tie this Sunday against previously unranked Vikings drops them five spots.

18. Vikings F. C. (Week 1 Rank: not ranked). Tied Coveside this weekend and are in the hunt in the NSCL (formerly Freybe).

19. SFU Alumni. (Week 1 Rank: #18). In danger of dropping out of the top 20 after a loss to PCOV .

20. Sapperton Old Boys. (Week 1 Rank: #19). Another side in danger of dropping off of the Rankings radar.

Cheers.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thus far, all of the VMSL and NSCL correspondents have reported in, but the FVSL scouts it seems are fighting about some goaltender that transferred. Rankings cannot be posted until the FVSL bureau reports.

Shape up FVSLers you know who you are and report!

Thank You, so much.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Sir M

P A U won 8 - 0 over G E U.
Aldergrove 4 - 1 over Sapp
Langley 3 - Delta 1
Rangers 1 - Mission 0

That's it from the Valley side .................

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M.:

Remember we play you guys next. I MAY bring some good italian sausages to compliment post game beverages...

SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0