Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Setanta Free in March?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently it's free on Starchoice too...pops looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked him if he knew anything about Setanta being free and said "Uhhh ya I've been watching it for the last two days." Then we watched Man U vs. Liverpool from October 1st 1995. Great match. Fowler was a terror for Liverpool and my god did Beckham look different back then. Fun to see young Giggs and Scholes too! I had a good laugh at the heinous keeper kits from back then too with David James taking the cake for ugliest kit ever.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For anybody who's a paying subscriber to Setanta, call up your provider and they should be willing to credit you for the month of March. I just spoke to Shaw and they were very nice about it.

I guess the 1/8 of Scottsman in me is not such a detriment after all...

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am 100% Scottish, so called them up and saved my subscription fee for March. The games in March are going to be so much better as they are FREE.

JAGS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man U vs. Toon Army today was a great desert for the nhl trade deedline.

It is going to be a great football month, March Madness I may say.

hos

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad sixtyv...here in burnaby we get it. Maybe someone can pvr it for you? Great matches so far. Man U was another good one I agree.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about McManaman featuring in nearly all the games they replay? The spiceboy and his moptop...priceless.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad sixtyv...here in burnaby we get it. Maybe someone can pvr it for you? Great matches so far. Man U was another good one I agree.

check that... setanta is free on Delta Cable now.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, has anyone noticed how big Chris Waddle and John Hartson have gotten. FAT!!! Nothing wrong with that but really, Hartson looks like he did eat all the pies.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GolTV Free Preview

Enjoy a free preview of GolTV – Canada’s only 24-hour sports network dedicated to soccer. Throw yourself into live league action with some of the world’s best teams and best players, including Spain, Germany, Colombia, Uruguay and Ecuador.

Tune into channel 151 to enjoy your free preview of GolTV today.

* Friday, April 17 – Sunday, April 28, 2009

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are VERY big trouble Regs,

Rumours have it that they are in chats with ESPN, who apparently own 30% or so of Eurosport to purchase them outright and maintain the management staff, branding, etc.

ESPN could streamline their operation, and obviously the Disney Mother Corp are amongst the largest heavy hitters in the broadcast world.

Whether or not ESPN Does this will boil down to their evaluation on the value of the agreements and terms Setanta has with the BPL, SPL, FA etc etc etc.

They outbid Sky for the SPL deal $2:$1, potentially ruining the bank accounts of some of the SPL sides.

The SPL actually made the payments to the member clubs that they were due by Setanta out of their own pockets as a number of British Papers had 3 SPL sides going tits up without the cash. Obviously a missed payment by Setanta wouldn't hurt the teams like Shellick and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs as bad as it would hurt the Falkirks and Hamilton's of the SPL.

Bad Situation... but they asked for it by outbidding everyone on those deals when they didn't have the subscribers to back it... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0