Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Setanta Free in March?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw an advertisement on the web this morning implying that Setanta would be FREE for the month of March 2009.

Couldn't find anything definitive though on the Setanta website.

Anyone here that can confirm either way?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw an advertisement on the web this morning implying that Setanta would be FREE for the month of March 2009.

Couldn't find anything definitive though on the Setanta website.

Anyone here that can confirm either way?

Cheers,

~Regs.

i have had it free for the past few years;)

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
on a serious note i have seen an add for the UK but nothing for north america yet

Bit of an aside but may be tied to it- believe Umbro/Setanta are going to make the next England friendly free to everybody tied to the launch of a new jersey.

For the ill informed, $15 a month for this channel is worth every cent if you are an EPL fan. S1TV is worth it on it's own since Wayne has been given an expanded role.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
You better hurry and get your money's worth this year then... Setanta lost a big chunk of EPL coverage beginning next year to Sky Sports.

There's talk "out there" that Setanta could be in for some serious financial trouble as projected lost subscribers could make their business model fail in a disasterous way...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You better hurry and get your money's worth this year then... Setanta lost a big chunk of EPL coverage beginning next year to Sky Sports.

Wouldn't that just be the UK TV rights?

I imagine they still hold the Canadian (and other international) rights where Sky doesn't broadcast.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Hmmm, didn't think of that.

But in the end, if they can't make a go of it based on so many of their UK subscribers bolting, there won't be a Setanta Canada.

I wonder what exactly MLSE's plans are for GOLTV (purchased last month I think) other than a home for all TFC games...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
just spoke with the head guy for setanta sports canada....yes, setanta sports will be free for the month of March for the residential users...sky sports only applies for the united kingdom and setanta sports will still be carrying epl games next year...i hope that's answers your questions...

cheers

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa brilliant! I am still waiting for the day that all Serie A games will be broadcast here legally and in Italian...Forza Milan!!!!!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa brilliant! I am still waiting for the day that all Serie A games will be broadcast here legally and in Italian...Forza Milan!!!!!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Rai? 4 live matches every weekend, including la Giostra on Sunday morning.... all in Italian.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am assuming that is a Satellite option Luch? I'm still on the Shaw cable box...Anymore info you could give would be great!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Bell but Shaw also carries Rai International. A la carte, I believe. I also believe that Shaw carries FSW and Telelatino.... even out in Cloverdale ;).

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/Television/Digital/FullChannelList.htm

So for Serie A coverage:

Rai: 4 live Serie A matches a weekend - 2 Sat. and 2 Sundays (Italian Audio). Rai also shows Serie B and National and U-21 qualifiers.

FSW (Fox Sports World): 2 live matches/weekend (English)

Telelatino: 2 live matches/weekend (English)

Usually, some of the matches being carried at the same time are the same matches... but occasionally not.

Watching Juve/Napoli on Rai at the moment.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You sir, are a good man and should I ever cross paths with you I would be glad to share a few pints on me!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently I am still in the television stone age...All I have been relying on is TSN/The Score/Sportsnet...calls will be made, Serie A Deprivation will cease and world peace will ensue.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're welcome. Enjoy. Even if you support Milan ;)

Forza Viola!

Ya these last few years have been anything but the golden age (Van Basten, Gullit and co???) but I stand by the Rossonero through thick and thin. The Viola missed a big chance to join Milan in 3rd this morning though...should be a tight race to the finish for those Champions League spots the rest of the way. Damned Inter has a virtual lock on another Scudetto...bastardi!!!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya these last few years have been anything but the golden age (Van Basten, Gullit and co???) but I stand by the Rossonero through thick and thin. The Viola missed a big chance to join Milan in 3rd this morning though...should be a tight race to the finish for those Champions League spots the rest of the way. Damned Inter has a virtual lock on another Scudetto...bastardi!!!

Yes, it will be tight through the final 12 rounds. The viola don't have the depth to play in Europe and chase a champions league spot so getting knocked out of the Uefa B cup to Sir M's Ajax should be a blessing. It's rare, but I will be a "bastardi" tifoso in the late match vs. Roma today.

Btw, to get back on topic, Setanta is Free on Bell.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0