Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Merry Christmas lads.
All the best of health and happiness to you and your families.

As much as the SPL ain't what it used to be it's at this time of year you gain some hope and promise thinking things will get better.

As much as Rangers have financial woes, we appear to be getting some players back to fitness and sit at the top.
Happy Days.

Celtic have had ups and downs, have lit it up at times, and are stronger financially than any other club. I think as much as Mowbray hasn't quite lived up to some of the hype, give him time, he'll likely be fine. McGeady looks good again this year.

I can't wait for the game on the 3rd.
Balls to the walls and again, it's on more than ever.
Huge game.

Hibs and Dundee United along with Aberdeen and Hearts are all in the mix I feel.
To even suggest 3rd and 4th could still climb into 2nd, or 1st..., is amazing and I think that's good for Scottish fitba.

Although I feel bad for the Arabs losing Levein, I like the appointment for Scotland.
He may lack experience at the high level but again I'm optimistic he'll be the glue to right the ship.
He seems to have the ability to stand up to folk, not take any bullshit, has the respect of the players, and in the end maybe a fresh look and style is what the country needs.
I wish him well - Fcuk we need it.

Awrabest boys and take care,
RF

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the potential for a tricky match. Pleasantly surprised by the impressive result. Roll on auld firm game.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heanjob, please finish the sentence and there's a box of Tunnock's caramel waffers in it for you...........

"Even in our darkest days, we're still fcukin' better than Celti_"

Congratulations, Kris Boyd! A regular blue nose is better than their greatest hero.

C'mon on Jan 3rd.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heanjob, please finish the sentence and there's a box of Tunnock's caramel waffers in it for you...........

"Even in our darkest days, we're still fcukin' better than Celti_"

Congratulations, Kris Boyd! A regular blue nose is better than their greatest hero.

C'mon on Jan 3rd.

Yes> Good for your crew.

Bring it on> Gulp.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't remember a half that has been that dominant in quite some time. Having said that, it is 0 - 0 which Rangers will be thrilled with. I'm still a bit baffled as to why Celtic's apparently good goal was disallowed :confused: and Lafferty was a little fortunate to stay on the park. Old Man Weir apparently can get away saying what he wants to refs. This is the ref's first Celtic/Rangers game but he seems to be following the path of a few others in recent years. Having said that, it has been a piss-take and Celtic need to take their chances.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The second half was the same as the first....Rangers earned a few more corners and made one of them count after Celtic took the lead with about 11 minutes to go. Shambolic marking on the corner AGAIN and no one on the near post. :confused:

Upon further review, Lafferty(who really is a terrible footballer) should have been red-carded. It was actually a pretty disgusting tackle and Mowbray thought the leg was broken after seeing his reaction........Rangers thuggery paid off to some degree(22 fouls to 5 Celtic fouls) as the ref was never going to send anyone off.....if he didn't for this.....

http://i47.tinypic.com/1gt2fk.jpg

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This game showed just how badly we need a clinical finisher and and a couple of decent centre halfs to replace the Heid, the Hair and the Hoof.

Celtic lost because they couldn't bury their chances but that doesn't mean the referee wasn't diabolical. In the first game Celtic needed three stonewall penalties in order to have one given and in this game they needed to score two perfectly good goals in order for one to count.

Having said that, I have no faith in the board to deliver the players Mowbray needs to make his style of football a success.

Oh and before I forget, Kyle Lafferty is an affront to football. They don't make a card red enough for that knuckledragger.

Happy Hogmany everyone.

Attachments

• mafnogoal.jpg
    mafnogoal.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 61

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic close in on Dutch defender Hooiveld as Caldwell, Robson head south - Herald Scotland | Sport

CELTIC are understood to be close to com#pleting the signing of the Dutch defender Jos Hooiveld, who flew into Scotland yesterday to finalise a £1.5m move from the Swedish champions AIK Stockholm.

The 26-year-old trained with Tony Mowbray’s first-team squad at their Lennoxtown training base yesterday morning before travelling to Celtic Park to be shown around the stadium and have talks over a contract with the chief executive Peter Lawwell.

It is understood that those discussions were at an advanced stage last night on a day that also signalled the impending departure of no fewer than four first-team players, as Gary Caldwell, Barry Robson, Willo Flood and Chris Killen prepared to head south.

Celtic are understood to have agreed a deal with Middles#brough for Caldwell and Robson, although Caldwell is believed to be in holding talks with Wigan #Athletic over a possible £500,000 move to the Barclays Premier League side.

Flood and Killen were Middles#brough-bound to team up once more with Gordon Strachan, the man who signed them for Celtic, while Robson is expected to go to the River#side Stadium tomorrow afternoon. The Coca-Cola Championship club remain hopeful of signing Caldwell too if the Scotland inter#national centre-back decides against committing to Wigan.

It is the arrival of Hooiveld that will fire the enthusiasm of the Celtic support, though, as Mowbray makes his first move to strengthen a much criticised part of his side. The 6ft 3in stopper, who began his career at Heerenveen in his native Netherlands but rose to prominence while at Inter Turku in Finland, has only played for AIK for a year. His desire to move to #Britain, along with the opportunity for the club to cash in on him, has paved the way for a move.

His agent, Alex Kroes, confirmed: “He has had a very good last two years; he is going step by step quickly forward. Celtic is a bigger club than AIK. AIK still is a big club – they play weekly for 35,000 people; they won the cup last year; they won the league title – but of course Celtic is #another step forward in his career.

“If a move [to Celtic] could happen and things become concrete, it would be very good for both Celtic and for the player. AIK will never allow their best player to go on loan somewhere; if it will be happening, they [Celtic] will have to put some money on the table.”

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope we sign that dutchman. We need a new Mjallby.

In other news, plucky minnows Rangers, came from behind, drawing 3-3 (after leading 2-0) to force a Cup replay with Hamilton.

There were some contentious moments as Hamilton were reduced to 10 men while Rangers were increased to 12 men and awarded the kind of penalty we never see given to anyone else.

Krissy "Boydy" Boyd and Steve "Stevie""Davisee" Davis were both injured in the affair.

Look at the head on Lafferty in this picture of ref Richmond giving Rangers their get out of jail card. He really is a phrenologist's (sp?) dream.

Attachments

• elliot_pen_incident.jpg
    elliot_pen_incident.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 68

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder who's at fault today?

Strachan looks like Shankley compared to this muppet. Maybe Coyle will reconsider? Check that, he's gone to a bigger club.

Bolton CSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky,

Have a look at M'Boro.....he is no worse than Strachan. :D

Today was absolutely shocking compared to the performance against a shitty Rangers team who is now winning the league by NINE points. Celtic's midfield was completely new and McManus and O'Dea started in the back........:confused: McManus came off and the young Josh Thompson came in. He looked like he was running in quicksand at times. I did question several of his decisions today....Crosas was the best player on the park and he took him out with 20 minutes to go?

I still believe he is better than Strachan but that doesn't say much really. Rangers could have this league wrapped up by the end of January.....:eek:

McGeady had a DREADFUL game today....

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it, the manager is not well liked in the dressing room. That never gets results. Particularly against Falkirk @ home.

BTW - have you lot seen "The Damned United"? What a great film.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watch it everytime the Hoops are playing lately.:cool: Better watch!

Excellent film though! Took forever to find it for d/l!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watch it everytime the Hoops are playing lately

Was it that bit about Brighton & Hove when Cloughie lost 7-2 to Bristol Rovers. ;)

Cside - if you havent youtubed (when's that a word in the Webster?) the Clough/Revie interview, get on it. I wish I was around when these characters were running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0