Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If UFB is actually from Wigan, then give him a break - brutal alcohol problem there - I spent 2 nights there back in 2002 and the scene at 2am is beyond anything you can imagine...half the people still awake are puking in the streets. Not kidding you, and I thoroughly fell in love with the place.

3-1 Rangers today sounds obvious as well.

Speaking of vomit, after my 12th pub yesterday, I moved onto the halfs up at "The Drovers" an hour up the side of Loch Lomond - got the shirt "Voted best pub in 1705" - and holey crap my head is splitting today - was running around looking for Huey last night. Anyways, trying to pull it together and head off for the train. My first ever old firm match in just over 4 hours, and I must try and shake my first ever hangover in Scotland.....

2 predictions - I will recover any minute now and Rangers will thump Celtic today.

Cheers lads.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out the door now for the train - heading for a meeting with Gordon Smith - head of the SFA !! He must want my input on how to run a beer fund......

Come on Rangers !

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no problem, Billy Boy........Strachan has it all sorted.....need to win the game..the other team is playing 1 striker but insists on playing 4 at the back with only 2 strikers. Congratulations to Rangers on winning the league. Any chance of the league's leading scorer coming into the game, Strachan? No, that makes too much sense.

terrible time to give up a goal in an otherwise dire game.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers backline completely shut things down in the second half. Yes, Anti-Football wins games. Celtic just didn't offer enough in the attack. Gingerbaws has a lot of explaining to do......off to sleep.......

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any chance of the league's leading scorer coming into the game, Strachan? No, that makes too much sense. .......

Not the best old firm game I've ever watched..but we'll take the points.
Some of Gingers decisions are somewhat questionable. Leading striker on the bench. w.t.f is right. Is he hurt? :eek:

with my other favourite team in blue winning (against a bunch of tic supports) to reach the Irish Cup final all in all worth getting up at 5ish...:D

BB

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some of Gingers decisions are somewhat questionable. Leading striker on the bench. w.t.f is right. Is he hurt? :eek:

with my other favourite team in blue winning (against a bunch of tic supports) to reach the Irish Cup final all in all worth getting up at 5ish...:D

BB

BB, me ol'cigar, missed you at Coquitlam's #263 this morning. Also, well done Linfield;)

pints soon,

LA

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Magic, guess you can hand out the League Cup to the Mighty Rangers now.

How was the match Downtown, we need the update when you sober up, so I guess we will hear from you in a few days, have a good one.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BB

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | Football boss sent bullet in post

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland | Two men injured in city violence

It's a shame some supporters couldn't just treat it as another football win. The more things change, the more they............:(

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...what an atmosphere. I think I was smiling for the whole match - especially after Thomson scored. Not the best game for entertainment - the Rangers played not to lose. I ended up with seats in the 11th row about the 30 yard line - I could not believe how close to the play you are from there. The only problem was watching that Mcgeady skin Broadfoot about 5 times in the first 20 minutes - good thing he can't cross a ball. Walking in and listening to the "follow,follow" tune being belted out before the match was incredible. Then right before kick off seeing Ferguson yelling to Macgregor with a pumped fist to get the boys ready. A pleasure to watch him and a new appreciation for the intensity and energy he brings to the game. Celtic fans were very vocal for first 30 minutes - silent the entire second half - I guess they knew it was over - and of course the constant chant sung to the tune of the Beatles "Yellow Submarine" - "Fcuk you Celtic, you cannae win the league, you cannae win the league....". I think I heard the word Cnut at least 150 times. And of course a pie and bovril at the half.

I stood there after the match - listened to the songs and took my time leaving. Despite it not being a great match, it absolutely blew by as the fastest 90 minutes I have ever watched. Great day - then it was time to hit the bevvies and head back to the supporters club until 9pm - then down to the Angel Bar - absolute madness there with more Rangers songs. Slow day today.....

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are invited to Celtc's "End of Season Party"

Menu

Starter
Sour grapes

Main
Plaice (might be second)

Pudding
A choice of
Caldwell
Mcmanus
or JVoH

Also a special selection of whines from Strachan's vast cellar.

Coffee and Tea served in mugs (sorry no cups available)

Bon Appetite

* courtesy of followfollow.com

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very original, Buckfast. You could have come up with something better than that surely? Great minds do think alike I suppose

I must admit that I'm still gutted with the loss and the inevitable 2nd place finish this year. It will be very interesting to see what the club does with Strachan.......he's won the league 2 out of 3 years and been to back to back final 16 in the CL. To me, that's not enough, especially with the baffling line-ups formations when it is obvious that others would be required at any given time. Anyway, we can still hope for a miracle....beat the Huns twice, win the other games and have the Huns lose one more game on the road to anyone.........stranger things have happened but I'm not holding my breath.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
if not, I think this is a good yin.....

And you'll notice the grim reaper is a Tim. Not a surprise that miserable cnut is shoulder to shoulder with you.

Attachments

• 30m0spl.jpg
    30m0spl.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars