Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great...You know what burns me....Bain and Moonbeams pushing Hutton out the door because the want (read NEED) the Money...

What a message to the Support...We spent our wad on this great new facility and the first top class player we produce gets pushed out the door in spite of the players wishes to stay and play for his team...

We should be doing our best to get anything, even training balls, in return for Buffell and Hemdani and so on and so forth, yet they push the "scottish Cafu" ;) out the door...

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And he'll look average in the premiership. Nani and C Ronaldo will tear him a new one.

Shitty but maybe he'll become another Ferguson.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think so Tomato Flakes.

They way he looked against Italia, except on the small cokc up at the end, and his form in the CL, proves he can play at that level.
If he comes back like Baz - Great anyway.

That deal was good business.
Buy him back for less than you sold him for. :D

Are you a Panathinaikos supporter?
If so, GIRFUY, :p
RF

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hutton off to Spurs

Maybe the captain will actually like this kid?
Hutton may have some defensive play to improve upon, but he is fan-tas-tic going forward. When it comes to British right backs, Alan Hutton is an absolute gem. I think he'll do well at White Hart Lane and wish him the best. Too bad we are letting him go. I know it's business, but if Murray wasn't such a twat with all of these continental players he's brought on board, Rangers wouldn't be in this position to give up good home grown talent.
JCD and Cueller are the only quality worth keeping in the last 5 years! :mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hutton off to Spurs

JCD and Cueller are the only quality worth keeping in the last 5 years! :mad:
...Ricksen, Prso, Mols, Arteta, De Boer, De Boer(Frank was past it, but still boss), Numan, Amoruso, Lovenkrands (Scored some killer goals when we needed them) and a quiet clean shaven Right full back named Rino.....just to name a few.... ;)

But we musn't ever forget: Ostenstad, Emerson, Crapucho, Nietto, Svensson, Sebo, The Czech Winger whos name escapes me at the moment, and the list goes on and on...:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is but he is not much better than Whittaker to be honest........at least when I watched him at Hibs.....Good bit of business for the skint Ibrox side. That's all it is.

Celtic with a couple of signings.........honestly don't know much about them but they hopefully are already better than what we have.....

Celtic make double signing swoop

Mizuno (left) and Samaras are the Hoops' latest recruits
Celtic have signed Japanese midfielder Koki Mizuno on a three-and-a-half year contract with Georgios Samaras agreeing a loan deal from Manchester City.
Mizuno, capped three times, joins Celtic from J-League side JEF United while Samaras has signed up for the remainder of the season.

The 22-year-old Mizuno joins his fellow countryman Shunsuke Nakamura with the Scottish champions.

Celtic have the option of making Greek striker Samaras' deal permanent.

Mizuno has won youth international honours for Japan, gaining his first full cap in March 2007 in a friendly against Peru, before winnng a further two caps in last year's Asian Cup.

Samaras, 22, meanwhile, has been out of favour at the City of Manchester Stadium, signalling Hoops' boss Gordon Strachan's move.

"I'm really delighted," the 22-year-old told the club website.

MY SPORT: DEBATE
What do you think of the new Celtic signings?

"It's the biggest club in Scotland and I'm looking forward to winning games and to win the title we have targeted. Class quote by the Big Greek. :D

"I'm here to help the team and to reach the targets you have.

"Of course, a big team like Celtic wants to win everything and I'm here to do that to win everything.

Loan Celt Samaras wants to feature at Euro 2008 for Greece

And with Euro 2008 on the horizon, he believes his ambition of playing for his country could be boosted by making the move to the Scottish Premier League champions.

"One of the reasons I signed here is because I will use the games to help Celtic, and, of course, for the chance to be in the squad for the national team of Greece for the summer.

"I'm here to help Celtic and for Celtic to help me."

Samaras was signed by City boss Stuart Pearce for £6m in January 2006 from Heerenveen, after an impressive 25 goals in 31 starts for the Dutch side.

Capped 12 times, the forward had previously been linked with moves to Rangers, Bolton, Middlesbrough, and Espanyol.

Meanwhile, Celtic have confirmed their interest in the £3m-rated Burnley striker Kyle Lafferty.

However, if the Glasgow club fail to clinch his signature in this transfer window, then they could return for the Northern Ireland international in the summer.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He'll look average in the SPL.
Baz and McColloch will tear him a new one.
Shitty but maybe he'll become another Riordan.

:D

I have heard the young Japanese lad is a very good signing though.

Borrocks. :mad: :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terma, do you know much about this Samaras? :confused:

Follow RF's advice. Samaras was promising a couple years ago when on a small team in Holland. Since then his career has gone down the shitter. Not bad on the ball but holds onto it too much sometimes and is just plain lazy other times. Lets just say he was supposed to be a saviour but hasn't lived up to his billing and when Charisteas starts ahead of you then you are not that great.

Oh and Greece's right back is better than Scotland's right back!:p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are on top of the league no?
I was just pointing out that along with the league, we are on track to win three trophies this season.
There wasn't a CIS thread to post on so when I mention 'treble' it makes the post legit.

I always thought Bazza reminded me of Maradona.

:knvb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0