Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Although the score doesn't flatter us, like Celtic's result, Pittodrie is difficult fixture. A good result, with the usual drama for this match. This rings true particularly after the poor Euro result.

Quite honestly, I don't know where RFC stands if we are knocked out by FCK. The bankers will shite and the players (read: Bazza) will want away.

For the first time, openly concerned with Sellick supporters,

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose Bucky,

Don't worry. Things will work out in a couple of years. Seriously. You can watch Celtic get to the group stages this year, while you watch the FOD lose to FC Copenhagen. To make things worse, you will see Celtic shove the league up your arse after you have watched Ferguson leave. But it is okay. You are a stinky Hun and Blue Nose, so life will still go on at the end of the day.

Can you see a happy Hun? Nooooooo Nooooo

Can you see a bankrupt Hun? Yesssssss Yessssssss

Thanks for the response, Bucky. I was starting to worry about you.

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ferguson set for Ibrox exit

Barry Ferguson wants to leave Ibrox
Rangers manager Alex McLeish has confirmed captain Barry Ferguson wants to leave the club as soon as possible.
And Blackburn Rovers are favourites to land the 25-year-old Scotland international.

The midfielder revealed that he wants a move away from Ibrox at a meeting with McLeish, Rangers chairman John McClelland and the club's director of football business Martin Bain on Thursday.

And McLeish revealed that the player had made it clear he wanted to quit Scottish football.

"I don't want him to leave but Barry wants to try a stronger league and play his football elsewhere," said McLeish on Friday.

"That is the crux of the meeting that we had yesterday.

"It is not about money, he has emphasised that and we have accepted that explanation because he has got a very good contract at Rangers."

Ferguson signed a new five-year deal at Ibrox only a few months ago, but has clearly had a change of heart.

I have known him (Ferguson) since he was 12 years old and I think he would be a very good player in the Premiership

Graeme Souness
Blackburn manager
Blackburn boss Graeme Souness has confirmed he will be holding further talks with Rangers honorary chairman David Murray about signing Ferguson.

Liverpool, Aston Villa and Manchester City have all been linked with Ferguson, but Blackburn appear to be leading the chase.

Former Rangers player-manager Souness said: "I have spoken to David Murray in the last 24 hours and I will be speaking to him again but that does not mean we will be buying Barry Ferguson.

"We have not made an offer at this time but he is someone I have admired for a long time. I have known him since he was 12 years old and I think he would be a very good player in the Premiership.

"I know the player fancies coming to England and I would love to think we could afford him after the players we have sold but we will see. I have got to persuade the board to spend the money."

Blackburn banked £22.5m this summer from the sales of Damien Duff and David Dunn and have only spent a fraction of that so far.

Rangers go to Copenhagen for the second leg of their Champions League qualifier on Wednesday - a match which could prove to be Ferguson's last for Rangers as the transfer window closes on the following Sunday at midnight.

There has been much speculation that debt-ridden Rangers would sell Ferguson to recoup some of the estimated £10m that could be lost if they fail to make the group stage of the competition.

But McLeish insisted Rangers' European fate had nothing to do with the request.

He said: "I don't think it has got a bearing."

:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-side,

Once again, you're spot on. Keano will take great pleasure in kicking the cnut all over the field. He couldn't handle the Celtic/Rangers games, which means he is going to be a HUGE flop in the premier league. He will be a legitimate target. That's a shame.

Hail! Hail!

Captain

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
a HUGE flop in the premier league.

Sort of like Lennon, Thompson, Hartson, Sutton, Hedman, etc.....

How's Celtic's new signings coming along?

Follow, Follow

Buckfast

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
who needs them

Apparently Martin thinks the existing squad will do the job and collect 10 million next week.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sort of like Lennon, Thompson, Hartson, Sutton, Hedman, etc.....

How's Celtic's new signings coming along?

Follow, Follow

Bucky,

Get a fcuking grip of yourself. You're a smelly Hun and you have no fcuking concept of reality. Ferguson is gone and your team is fcuking done. Cheers you smelly Blue Nose. Twat. Thanks for coming out. How does it feel to come in third in the SPL this year? Well done. BTW, how was your European experience? I'm guessing it was short and not really sweet. Much like you.

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting

Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle has 10 games to prove himself, with Alex McLeish lined up to replace him at White Hart Lane (Daily Express).

This cant be true, what a disaster for the huns if Alex and Bazza left.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Why the vehement insults on a lovely Saturday morning? Wrong side of the bed after yet another boring Friday night in your miserable life?

The "smelly hun" is top class patter. You're a one-dimensional knob-end living in the past. ....something like Sellick's midfielfd.

I digresss, THE TEDDY BEARS ARE STILL TOP OF THE FCUKIN' LEAGUE, YA INBRED CNUT! No. 51 is on it's way.

Have a great weeekend......looking up the table.

Buckfast

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Midfield

Speaking of Celtic's midfield....

Celtic are to make a £2m bid for Newcastle's Peruvian midfielder Nobby Solano. (Daily Star Sunday)

Bucky, speaking of looking up things, try the dictionary. Your spellings terrible, even for a Hun.
:p

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By definition, I'm more of a hybrid then an inbred.

And you teach our youth. Pathetic.

But I digress, Rangers are TREBLE WINNERS. Sellick are Quadruple LOSERS.

Bon soir, mon amie.

Buckfast

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Klos is no mug.

Klos admits quality drain

Rangers goalkeeper Stefan Klos says the current team lack the quality of the side that twice came close to reaching the second phase of the Champions League after his arrival at the club.
The German and his teammates narrowly missed out on progressing beyond the first group stages in Klos' first full season at the club - 1999/2000 - and the following year.

This season, Rangers face an uphill battle to even qualify for the group stages after a 1-1 draw at home to FC Copenhagen in the first leg of their qualifying match.

With captain Barry Ferguson almost certain to follow players like Lorenzo Amoruso, Arthur Numan and Neil McCann out of the Ibrox door, Klos says the current squad could not compete with the one Dick Advocaat had assembled.

"When I came here, the Rangers team was a different team and a better team than at this time. Sometimes, that happens in football," he said.

"At Borussia Dortmund after we won the Champions League, two years later the team was full of different players and the standard was not as high as before.

"Last year was especially disappointing for Rangers in Europe.

"We had qualified for the Champions League two years in a row and both times just fell at that last step to the second group phase.

"It was a good start and you thought if we progressed like that in the future years we would have a good chance.

"Everybody felt we were going in the right way at that time but then suddenly we haven't done that well.

"I would say it's more realistic for us just to qualify for the Champions League now."

Rangers travel to Denmark this week for the vital second leg of their Champions League qualifier on Wednesday.

Failure to overcome the Danish champions would mean financially stricken Rangers would miss out on about £10m in prize money and other revenue.

Will Klos be the next player to leave?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggest porky pie ever.......

If Rangers fail to make the group stages of the Champions League, they will miss out on an estimated £10m, but chairman John McClelland insisted that was not a motivation for the sale of Ferguson.

"From the standpoint of the board there is absolutely no financial pressure or need to sell Barry Ferguson," he said.

:rolleyes:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Original? Sort of like "short" or "inbred" (which of course doesn't make sense)????

I guess it must be frustrating for you. Even in Rangers darkest of days (read: skint, players wanting away, etc.) we are still better then Shitic.

SOOOOO FCUKIN EAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY.

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally, a bit of honesty from the lad....

Even in Rangers darkest of days

Yes, dark days indeed. Remember Amoruso, the big lump who played in the back for the FOD? Here is what he had to say about his EX-team's woes. Nothing better than a EX-player hoping for his previous team to fail in Europe, so they can scoop up one of the alleged top players. Mr. Buckfast, surely you know Rangers will NOT win anything of signifigance this year. Enjoy last year's treble, Bucky, because it is going to be a long season for the FOD and their 'loyal' fans.

AMORUSO TIPS GERS FOR EURO EXIT
By Ken Gaunt, PA Sport

More Rangers Stories
BIDDING TO BEGIN FOR FERGUSON

McLEISH DEFENDS PICKING FERGUSON

McLEISH: EURO STARS MUST PERFORM

RANGERS ALLOW BIDDING TO BEGIN FOR FERGUSON

O'NEILL WISHES RANGERS WELL

Former Rangers captain Lorenzo Amoruso expects the club to tumble out of Europe this week.

And he believes that could trigger the arrival of midfielder Barry Ferguson at his new club Blackburn.

Manager Graeme Souness has made an official offer for Ferguson, who has become disenchanted with life in Scotland.

However he faces a race against time to secure his services with the transfer window closing at the end of the month.

The Scottish champions could only draw with FC Copenhagen in the home leg and Amoruso said: "Rangers have a very big problem - they need to get money. Unfortunately I don't think they are going into the Champions League.

"I really hope for them but I don't see it after the home result against Copenhagen.

"That means a big loss of money so they need to sell someone and Barry is one of them.

"I am now a Blackburn player and would like to do my best for my club. Barry would a great addition to our squad - that's how life goes."

In his last season at Ibrox, Amoruso helped Rangers clean up and win the treble.

Not only did he depart, Neil McCann also left for Southampton and now Ferguson could be on his way.

Amoruso fears the worst at Ibrox - and that Celtic can again take pole position domestically.

"Although Rangers are top of league after three victories, the the confidence is not high, not really 100%," he told Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme.

"I do not think the team this season is as strong as the one last year. That's not nice for the fans.

"Even though the club won the treble they would like to see Rangers go further in Europe."

Amoruso admitted he would never forgive former manager Dick Advocaat for stripping him of the captaincy.

"He blamed me for bad results, which was impossible, because one man can't make a difference unless you are Maradona," said the Italian defender.

Meanwhile, Amoruso admits that the Premiership is living up to his dreams.

Rovers secured a point against Bolton thanks to a late goal from Dwight Yorke after beating Wolves comfortably on the opening day.

The Italian said: "They have been two great games for me. But you could have had a heart attack against Bolton.

"It was a great comeback after we had beaten Wolves properly and created a lot of chances.

"We had a soft penalty given against us - but that's how it goes in football."

Hail! Hail!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How's it gaun China?

After a two week hiatus, it's good to see that the Captain and Buckfast Tonic Wine have kept pace on this thread much like mine on the pitch. :rolleyes: :D

I love you guys, I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

1.) We're in tough, but we're gonnae dae it right in Denmark.
2.) If Baz wants to go, let him - One man never made our club and I'd rather build for the future and I like what's going on at Murray Park anyway. Jinky's too right on what Celtic did to recover in the early 90's - We will have to do the same I'm afraid.
3.) Of course they're dark days Captain. We are the Forces of Darkness aren't we? ;) I don't think that Castle Greyskull will be changing it's name to the Sunshine Hotel anytime soon. However when McLeish sits doon on the john and parts his arse cheeks, the light can be pretty blinding sometimes. :D
4.) We can't let Big Eck go to Spurs. One man doesn't make our club, but HE comes close to it IMO.

Bucky/Captain:

As I walked with Super back to the changerooms after we thrashed :rolleyes: China :D, he was asked to give an interview for a local Richmond paper.
Captain: Was this short interview/article published? I'd like a copy if it was. Could you tell me which paper?
Bucky: Did you get a copy of the Daily Record article on the Nations Cup? If so, let me know the date as I'd like a copy of that too.

Cheers lads,

Halfbreedforever ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0