Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rugby World Cup 2003

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

Thanks for trying a bicycle kick and giving TTP some material over the last few days... :)

I think the Haka is magic. I think we're going to start our own version of it this weekend against Croatia. BTW, doesn't Samoa do a Haka too? If so, how come they don't win as much as the All-Blacks?

New Zealand will win the World Cup this year, haka or no haka.

Captain

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chicken Dance

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
I think the Haka is magic. I think we're going to start our own version of it this weekend against Croatia.

I can see it now, the Club I Chicken Dance, lead by the Capt. or would it be, "you put your right leg in, you take your right leg out, you put your right leg in, and you shake it all about."

I am sure that Croatia would be scared by either of these dances.

Khlasa will stick with the classic "Electric Slide"

hos

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
classic grudge-match......

Aussies will confront haka, says Cannon
By Alex Lowe, Evening Standard
13 November 2003
Brendan Cannon and his Australian team-mates have promised to meet the haka face-to-face in Saturday's semifinal in Sydney.

The traditional All Blacks challenge has been received in many ways, with South Africa last week standing, arms linked, and singing their national anthem.

Past Australia sides have completely ignored it. But that will not happen this weekend.

"We will just confront it, give it the respect it deserves and then have that moment in time to prepare ourselves for the next 80 minutes," hooker Cannon said.

"It is one of those special honours, to see first hand how much the haka means to them.

"We don't turn our back on it because that is disrespectful. We are ready for the challenge."

Whatever this lot do it's up to England to stuff the lot of 'em. This is as good a chance as they'll ever get to win it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever this lot do it's up to England to stuff the lot of 'em.

No chance, Mr. England. The All-Blacks will win and I hope they do. They certainly have more players of Irish decent - Ma'a Nonu, Junior Vandy, Malili Muliaina, Tana Umage - the list goes on and on....

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crazy bastards

And its not even Halloween:
An English supporter watches the Rugby World Cup quarter-final match between England and Wales, at Lang Park in Brisbane, November 9, 2003. England won the match 28-17 and will play France in the semi-final next weekend in Sydney. REUTERS/Greg White

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:

Hammers me old mucker,

That'll be me at 06:45 tomorrow morning at Stansted onboard the Ryanair flight to Cork.

Except without the big girl's make-up, the receding hairline, and specsavers NHS specials.

A man needs to know where to draw the line, dignity is paramount.

It doesn't do for a gentleman to show himself up in such an appallingly common way, you see.

Billy Britain,

As you're the self-declared doyen of all things Oirish, have you any suggestions on what we should do while in Cork? We have a VIP tour of the Jamison's distillery while there but, as I'm the only one going who doesn't work for The Ritz (I've always been the last to be picked, it started at an early age) I have a bit of a sticky one. The ointment simply ain't doing it. The reason it's a private tour is as a result of three of the lads working for the old and esteemed hotel and, as such, they have fibbed and said that I too work there. As Head of Cnuting Housekeeping. So, my 'mandate', for wont of a far less double-entendre inducing word, is to be as camp as Parkhead at a priest's playground picnic.

Do you reckon acting like an overt homosexual kitted out in a 'Gers jersey with Union Jack underpants around my head while conducting my discreet enquiry titled, 'Why did you leave the lights on for Adolf, Paddy?' will draw attention to me while in Cork (or anywhere else) and, far more importantly, result in unfavourable words being said about that most British of institutions, The Ritz (although it's actually *spit* French)?

I'd hate for that to happen.

Will all the locals look like the Oirish-Kiwi in your picture?

I don't know what's more surprising. The fact he's Irish or the fact you navigated yourself around the complicated TTP picture-posting software.

I know it's cheeky asking you for advice as, A). you're not Dear Jinky and 6). you're Billy Britain and, as everyone will agree, Southern Ireland is just Britain as she would be had everyone not fcuked off to America to join the House of Pain.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, it's New Zealand and Ireland in the final then? I hear the Irish plan on countering the Haka with the Pee-Wee Herman Dance in a desperate bid put the Kiwis off their game. Any one know if this is true? Btw, is it also true that England has a chance to actually win something for once?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stuffing.........

Sir Bobby: Footballers should follow Wilko
By Michael Hart, Evening Standard
20 November 2003

Sir Bobby Robson today put forward England's Jonny Wilkinson as the ideal role model for Premiership footballers.

The former England manager believes that Wilkinson and his team-mates at rugby's World Cup have gone some way to repairing the image of professional sport after a series of squalid incidents involving their round-ball counterparts.

"Some of today's professional footballers could do a lot worse than follow the example of Jonny Wilkinson on and off the field," insisted the 70-year-old manager of Newcastle United.

"I think Jonny Wilkinson is an ideal role model for everyone in sport, especially youngsters. I wish we had more like him in football."

The Frimley-born England fly-half plays his club rugby in Newcastle where he has grown to rival even Alan Shearer in the popularity stakes.

"I've seen him play for Newcastle and I've watched him on television playing for England," said Robson. "Because of our connections with the Newcastle Falcons, he uses our indoor training facilities.

"We have a good relationship with them and see quite a bit of them in the winter.

"I've watched him training and I've watched him practise his kicking. He spends a lot of time kicking. You can't but be impressed by his dedication and patience."

Robson met Wilkinson and his parents when they were guests of the All England Club at Wimbledon in the summer. "They're a nice family," he said. "Jonny's a really quiet, unassuming sort of guy who prefers a low profile and goes about his business in a very professional way. He behaves impeccably. His parents must be very proud of him.

"He's as devoted to his game as David Beckham is to football. They're similar in some ways and I have to say that I love the TV adverts they both appear in."

Robson watched Wilkinson's outstanding-performance in last weekend's-24-7 victory over France in the World Cup semi-final in Sydney.

"To kick all of England's points was a truly memorable achievement," he said. "Left foot, right foot, it didn't seem to make much difference to him.

"He's comfortable with either foot, though he kicks naturally with his left. I think he's got a left foot like Ferenc Puskas and Captain Shamrock! It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

"Even to a rugby layman like me, it's obvious that his kicking is going to be crucial in the final."

"If the team can win drop-goal positions and secure penalties then there's a pretty good chance that he'll kick points. He's as important to this England team, for example, as Gary Lineker was to mine."

Robson said he has also been impressed with the attitude of the whole rugby team. He added: "I know their coach Clive Woodward and he's got them all playing for each other. He's well respected by his players. You sense there's a rapport between them and that's essential and something that Alf Ramsey had with his players in 1966.

"It would be great for the nation if they could emulate Alf 's feat all those years ago. We've waited a long time for a chance like this and it's clear that if they play to their potential England are capable of winning the World Cup in Sydney.

"We're playing Manchester City at St James' Park on Saturday and we're going to knock seven bells out of the fcukers so I can get up early and watch the rugby knowing it won't interfere with our preparations. If you're a patriot like me, it's not something you'd want to miss, is it?"

Beanbag

Nov 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
England must win!!!

Captain

Still confident that NZ will win? or rather that England will lose?

It would be too much fun to rub it in to all the smug Aussies here for the English not to win. Even the South Afrikaaaaans are against england. They'll get theirs too!!

First Aussie/South Afrikaaaan tommorrow morning gets both barrels from me.(unless he's actually played the game before than I shall just leave him alone)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just Ginger Tours and me up watching this?

Australia 5 England 3 12 minutes in.

C'mon Oz!!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't believe it, England just scored an actual try!

14 - 5 Albion after the first 40.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't hate England so much if they were wearing proper Rugby tops.

They look like a buch of Italian short sleeved goalie jerseys.

Gaffa would be rolling in his grave. If was dead.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh oh,

Looks like England are turning into Fiji in the last five minutes here Ginge.

Mental errors a plenty combined with a slippy pitch.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ginge!!!!

Ginge!!!!

Where are you Ginge?

Extra time looms.

How do you like the ref btw?

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking...

Have England blown it? By far the better side but too many individual errors combined with a couple of dodgy refereeing calls has allowed them back in it :(

Hopefully all the errors are out of the system for extra time -

My money is on Wilko for a drop goal to win it

Ginger "straws and clutching" Tours

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to wonder what the delay is on this broadcast.

I checked out Sporting life to find that England were winning 17 - 14 when my telly was still showing a tie.

Don't look at any UK sites.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get in there!!!!!

Painful but worth it.

Beating the Aussies in the world cup final in their own back yard.......magnificent! :D

Jinks thanks for staying up with me :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a finish!

I'd say nice prediction Ginge but I don't think you had much choice.

Wilko with a drop goal in the last minute of the second extra time.

20-17 Engurland.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DANCERS!!!!!!!

What a performance and good call on the Wilko drop-goal, Ginge.

It's so nice to stuff the fcuking idiot Aussie twats on their own patch, time to go and visit some Outback and fcuking filthy Springbok pubs to stick it up the Southern hemisphere tossers.

Arise Sir Martin, Sir Clive, and Sir Jonny.

What's that red white and blue thing at the botom of your garden?

That's my Aussie and I'll paint him whatever colour I fcuking well like.....

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0