Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rugby World Cup 2003

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No sleep yet for me,

I'm now watching the Celtic v Dundee Utd match on my PC.

~Buck Rogers

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My money is on Wilko for a drop goal to win it

In extra-time it can go any way but who would you rather have than Wilko?

Fcuking brilliant result aswell as a brilliant game. For fans, the entire game was great to watch, wether you were Aussie, English or a neutral.

Mental errors cost England the entire second half, forcing them to take the win in extra time. :)

Lawrence Dallaglio had a solid game, leading the way doing all the dirty work in rucks and mauls.

Finally England has won something :wa:

CIC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, Mr. England....

have you any suggestions on what we should do while in Cork?

I missed your question until now. Basically, I'm sure you did what I would have suggested. Drink a plethora of Murphy's Ale, listen to music, and socialize with the locals. That is very common in Ireland you know. Perhaps you could eat potatoes for dinner and wash it down with a pint of Jamiesons. After that, you could start a fight and fit right in with the Irish savages. Other than that, I couldn't offer more. Cork was a fun city though.......

Well done to England, I guess. I couldn't stand either team BUT it was an intense final, which England should have put away early in the 2nd half. What was with the LONG throw in the lineout? It fcuking worked 2 out 8 times. Great percentage. Even my Grade 8's could figure that poor percentage out. Number 14 for England was very good(I have no idea what his name is), always looking like a threat. Of course, the field goal kicker, whatever his name was, saved the game for the team in quite possibly the gayest uniforms, since Sportstown's pink outfits from two year's ago. I watched the game until I fell asleep in the 1st OT after England went up 17 - 14. When did he kick the winning points?

Captain

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seth Efrickens........

Captain,

Sorry I hadn't seen your response to my question before now. Cork was, and I daresay still is, an excellent place. I somehow managed to engage some of the local knowledge for the evening. Despite her very vocal of all things English (I'm from North Vancouver, lest ye forget), she was rendered speechless when faced (literally) with the Cross of St. George tattooe'd to the right of my Fighting Irish.

At least I hope it was the tattoo that made all the colour fade from her cheeks.

Read this in this morning's Metro..........

The South African rugby squad's humiliating training in a military-style boot camp, in the run-up to the World Cup, was being investigated today.

TV footage showed the Springboks stripped naked and huddled together at the so-called Camp Steel Wire near the capital Pretoria. Other film showed them crawling nude through grass and lining up to have eggs cracked on their heads.

It was also alleged that they had ice cold water poured on themand were forced to stand in a pit listening to the British National Anthem. Another report suggested they were abandoned at a remote spot in the bush with a chicken that they were allowed to cook- but not to eat.

Team manager Gideon Sam has denied many of the allegations, including one that they were stopped from sleeping by being woken up every fifteen minutes by gunfire.

He said, 'These guys were pushed hard but that is what preparing for battle is all about.'

South Africa were beaten 29-9 by the Kiwis in the quarter-finals.

Has Seth Efricka ever won anything in anything? Apart from, obviously, the most annoying second-class Dutchman Award for the past 100+ years (with the exception of 1976 when a German nicked the title)..........

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe they won the Rugby World Cup in 1995 at their first attempt. I could be wrong though as much like England, they didn't make a big fuss over it.

I do recall Nelson Mandela having a rather poor tourney though at number 8.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
arse.....

I suppose I'll have to be less obvious in my attempts to goad any ttp'ers who just may happen to be Seth Efricken out of their cupboards. There must be some, simple law of averages.

And there are few things more simple or average than a South African.

Mandela was always wasted at number 8, the man's a hooker if ever there was one. At least that's what they said when he was banged up.

Sorry, incarcerated.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?

And waste a perfectly good Nelson Mandela joke waiting for said fcukwit to post one of the many many facts he surely doesn't know?

I think not.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England have taken up opera? Fcuk, I think they should just stick to something they're good at, like rugby.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's yet another spot of English arrogance.

CELEBRATION TIME FOR SIX-TRY ENGLAND
By Alex Lowe, PA Sport

Ben Cohen topped the bill as England's World Cup celebration match produced the desired result for a capacity 74,000 crowd at Twickenham.

Northampton wing Cohen, one of just four survivors from the England World Cup final starting line-up, claimed a try double in the Zurich World Champions Challenge.

Fellow wing James Simpson-Daniel, fly-half Paul Grayson, substitute Mike Tindall and 21-year-old Bath prop Matt Stevens also touched down, while Grayson added 12 points from the boot.

The England XV trailed by seven points early on, but even without the likes of World Cup heroes like Jonny Wilkinson, Martin Johnson, Lawrence Dallaglio and Neil Back, they still held too many trump cards.

Man-of-the-match Cohen scored a try in each half as the game defied its non-cap status to deliver an entertaining, fully-committed encounter.

England supporters, merry from the effects of England's intoxicating World Cup triumph, relished every minute, but especially the post-match parade when Johnson and company showed off the Webb Ellis Trophy.

For many, it was the perfect Christmas present, although England supremo Clive Woodward - who now heads for a skiing holiday in Switzerland - already has eyes on the forthcoming RBS Six Nations Championship campaign, which begins with a February 15 appointment against Italy in Rome.

Woodward said: "That is a good win. I was pleased with what we did and the team I picked.

"We played some great rugby, some of the set-pieces were good and I think we got the right team out there today.

"I hope the fans have had a great day. If you put a team out with Ben Cohen, Jason Robinson and James Simpson-Daniel in it I think it was the right team."

He added: "There is a lot of strength in depth in the England team. We can learn from this; the guys have all stepped up.

"To let those guys come in and play with the World Cup players is a massive boost for us going into the Six Nations."

This was not a side bar from the usually excellent Sporting Life, it was a headline piece. Does it mention the score? No of course it doesn't. It just mentions that England battered the opposition. And who was the opposition? It doesn't bother to mention them either. Unimportant I suppose.

FYI, England beat the NZ Barbarians 42 - 17

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0