Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL summer league

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold tight

Not that we having been playing well enough to even give Rino a game, we would probably have fancied a shot at it, and at least one more match that our registration fees should guarantee us. Rumor has it, we may get the chance on Tuesday. That is again if we have enough bodies to do so. At least its another run at the cooler. Mind you, we finished 4th last season and managed to win the thing.

Side note: Although is does not excuse our poor performance of late, I find it absolutely f**kin ridiculous that if a team (Delta) finishes top four, and the other 3 get rewarded by battling each other to keep their playoff spot. And Rino (still a very good team) gets the luxury of pumping the bottom half to work their way up to a top 4 finish.

Not saying I know how to run a league, but am saying I can figure out how to seed a playoff??

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC totally agree with you on that one , there should have been a playoff for them to be in the "final 4". At the outset if Allblacks as well as yourselves Delta had managed to drop a couple more points and they awarded those stupid points for the bye it would have been. RFC - 1st Royals - 2nd Rino's - 3rd & either Muqueam or Ladner - 4th . How retarded is that we ( the top 4 teams beat the chit out of each other ) and the bottom teams just sit and wait for their chance to move up the ladder as they keep sandbagging games. There's nothing we can do now but there will be a year end agm and that is where the difference can be made. Time to give Dave Park and Keith Kornder the f'n toe and get this league sorted. If you ever want to really hurt a man hurt his wallet and no longer should we tolerate this crap. We all pay solid money each season and watch the circus unfold every year. No more I say no more we all have to band together and get them off the exec and let someone run it who has our interests in mind not their own. Now comes the hard part who do we vote in :confused::confused::confused:

cheers , The Rattler

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How retarded is that we ( the top 4 teams beat the chit out of each other ) and the bottom teams just sit and wait for their chance to move up the ladder as they keep sandbagging games.

Are you implying that we were throwing games at the start of the summer to play easier (albeit it fewer) games down the stretch? We're talking about RRSL Div 2 here, not the Serie A :rolleyes:

I think everyone involved is equally frustrated at this point, but hopefully the playoffs run smoothly with no more schedule changes.

I wonder what Burnsie would have set the betting odds at for a Rinos/Delta playoff tilt...

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnsie would have reffed and he would have put his mortgage on a tie. Sandbagging, really? That implies calculation and there's absolutely nothing calculated about Tuesday night's Summer league.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gentlemen, you are right. There should have been a playoff...it was suggested five weeks ago when it was evident this could happen. Having said that, the biggest mistake the league made was taking a 9th team in second division. It was catastrophic in many ways but I will go on record and say it will never happen again. I really do wish there was a playoff as there should have been. Rino should not have finished 4th in my opinion without winning a playoff game....which again was suggested quite awhile ago. We can only move on and make sure the mistakes of this year are NEVER made again. They won't.......including teams not playing the night before Nations Cup. Everyone will be scheduled and expected to play. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rattler, I think you're a little offside in saying it happens every year......In the time I've been organizing the refs, this has been the worst......and mainly due to the extra team being added in. It messed up many simple things. That mistake won't be made again.....but may I remind you that the teams don't RUN the league......some of the people in charge think they do. Good luck with that in the VMSL.....which is ANOTHER BCSA sanctioned league. YEs, it is summer, but some teams/players/coaches seem to forget that the rules do apply to them......

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right then mate all that being said we still missed the point of the fact that all this would have been avoided had it all been laid out at the start of the season. Last year there was the playoff issue as well as the year previous where the communication did not happen until days before the playoffs were to start as to what and who actually made the playoffs. Now you throw in the knee - jerk reaction that happened this year and what , we are all supposed to accept what is being mandated ??? I don't know if it was offside but all I know is what has happened and that is this year was not what it could have been for all teams involved. I've said my two bits and we have to change this at the agm with some new faces or at least a league mandate on how things are done. You can't argue that this league has become whoever bitches the most get's their way so we have to stop it and fix it. There are some big issues that need addressing and hopefully we can address these at the agm , which coaches / managers should attend to voice their concerns.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny thing happened this past Tuesday. We thought why not pop over to Association for a little kick around and a BBQ?? Its not like we have a game. Low and behold RFC had the same idea (the team we were SCHEDULED to play)
The email from the league did state since we were no longer in the playoffs we would not be playing and the playoffs would be starting right away! What the Fcuk is going on? Great night to play, Im sure Burnsie would not mind another run and a few bucks to go with it. What happens next season? You never can plan how many teams will join the leauge. Surely we can figure out a schedule, playoff format, at the begining of the season despite the number of teams. Its been done many a times before in all leagues?

Anyhow rant over, good luck to the final 4. Enjoy the sun and beers.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1 Blaze FC 2 in ET.

Blaze do the League & Cup Double back to back years. :cool::eek:

The final was a close game, the entire way through, with both teams creating chances but not being able to find the back of the net, myself included FFS:rolleyes: Cheers to One Dart, CS and Rene for officiating a solid game, for the most part. :p

This summer was a tough one, where we pulled off some late dramatics to win games. Although the league was only 6 squads deep:rolleyes: the competition was always tough, and the games well contested.

Good luck to the Tuesday night RFC squad tomorrow!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0