Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Puskas

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whenever we lose a soccer legend it is always worthy of some form of recognition here on TTP.

Before my time, though many stories told to me by my father about the great Hungarian and Real Madrid legend, it is always sad when you hear this sort of news.

Not sure if anybody is old enough on here to have any personal memories of Puskas, but maybe with our large Scottish contingent, there maybe a few that have similar stories passed down about the legend and his four goals in the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden Park.

RIP

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Crafty, good for you. I remember my Dad and all of his (now) old East End buddies talking about Puskas and Di Stefano from this magical sounding team to us kids called "Real Madrid" which we thought sounded so exotic (to us to go to Callister Park to watch Croatia against Columbus and Sergio Zanatta spitting on people was like going to Wembley back then) when we were all camping up at Shuswap Lake. And they had a nickname for him (or was it for Di Stefano?) I think it may have been the "white arrow?" And I remember they used to rave about Eusebio as well, (was he the Black Pearl?...SCP?) and a bit about this upstart teenager called "Pele". I also remember us 7 or 8 year olds would play soccer games with the dads on the lousy small campground field and it was very cool to call yourself the white arrow, or black pearl or whatever, and (I know now I am pretty sure they let us do this) 'meg the 35 year old Dads. Very cool...Puskas.

Way to go Crafty.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Whenever we lose a soccer legend it is always worthy of some form of recognition here on TTP.

Before my time, though many stories told to me by my father about the great Hungarian and Real Madrid legend, it is always sad when you hear this sort of news.

Not sure if anybody is old enough on here to have any personal memories of Puskas, but maybe with our large Scottish contingent, there maybe a few that have similar stories passed down about the legend and his four goals in the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden Park.

RIP

Well said, Crafty. I remember my father mentioning his name many times as being one of the BEST....RIP, Ferenc.....and God bless his family.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard of Puskas and a couple of stories told be Tee's dad. I think Teddy played with him back in the old country.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0