Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hnnnnnuh...

i guess i must weigh in. it seems the army has picked up a rather nasty habit of imploding in the final 20. two weeks ago we meekly hung on for the win against a shocking point grey side. this week, after we scored our second goal, we decided to stage a 'bingese' fire drill.

much talk from lobbans would make you think they didn't show up until the final 20. in fact, they were simply outclassed for the first 70 minutes before we decided to stage the football equivalent of hare kare. add in a weird penalty call, and the rest is history.

boogie's prediction was eerily correct. i would wager a large amount of money that with boogie in the lineup and a couple of more subs, the result would have favoured binger's. but he wasn't and we didn't. and we still should have won.

*sashi

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cold cut combo

it seems i missed some interesting banter this week. i am afraid i do not have email on my island fortress of solitude. i have only one question:

ghost - it would seem i touched a nerve with this 'subway' thing. you really do work there, don't you? (are you that guy with the teenage moustache that works at the subway in kerrisdale? it's you! isn't it!)

*lalu.

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one more thing

one more question:

it has come to my attention that many of you TTP'ers actually go and watch other 1st division teams play games. is this actually true? and if it is, may i ask why? do you folks have lives? have you ever seen a woman naked? (in person that is), do your IQ's rate lower than the average rhinocerous? was the last book you read dr. suess 'green eggs and ham'? i hope that is enough information for you to understand my question.

just wondering.

SL

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sashi lalaland, what game were you watching? Is it not infact a game of 2 halves, or a game of 90minutes? As I said, your lot owned us certainly for the first 35 if not the entire 1st half, but couldn't do nothing with it, fortunately for us. Second half was a different story even though you managed to get your 2 during pressure from us. Your first goal was decent as N0. 11 was able to out jump our keeper's extended arms, but your 2nd, if you were there, saw some rust on our keeper's part. The ball found it's way through his legs from well out:confused: There was very little debate from the pk call as your defender slipped and his arm got in the way from allowing the ball to enter the goal mouth. Infact you may remember an earlier hand ball in the box that was called, but the ref got who's arm it was all wrong:mad: Check with your guy on that one. There was no denying who's arm it infact was! As for the outclassed for 70min comment, you may want to have a rethink. Let's be fair, your 2 goals came against run of play and were certainly more deserving in the 1st! Like I said, it was not our best performance, but with an unfortunate mix up on who's arm it hit and a sitter from 3 yrds out in which our player skied(you may remember) the score could've infact been worse:cool: If you had of scored 2 or 3 in the 1st, I'd of said fair dues, but you scored in the 2nd against the run, go figure! It's a funny old game with just the right amount of minutes played:D As for your last post about watching others games, or do we have lives, and needing IQs to be able to see nude women in person. Simply put, without need of a high IQ, do the business in the morning with the wife, or in your case subway napkins (or do you use Bounty?), and get the green light to go have a beer and enjoy a game. Simple really. The naked women will come naturally. Just be patient......

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sashi GooGoo

How did you know? You didn't touch a sore spot with me I thought that was you and your boyfriends [Doogie] secret meeting place. Anyway's Dumb! Dumb! look at my location it's not really near Kerrisdale.
Back to the game, Pinger's were having most of the play in the first 30 minutes but are most dangerous on their set pieces as they have alot of height on their squad. I honestly didn't see any scoring chanes for them off of possession they were all from set pieces. Lobban's were fortunate it was a draw after the first half but the second was played in the Pinger's half and it was only a matter of time until Pinger's broke down. The did & They lost.

The Ghost:D

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
IQ's GOO GOO

Almost forgot,

Sashi, I think TTP has a Poetry reading thread why don't you go check that out, it sounds like it would be more your style. [HUMP]
The Ghost:D

B

binger barfme

Hey lulu lemon,

I have been absent for a while as I have spent the last couple of weeks just letting our game speak for our team. But now I must say something, I have seen you put posts up about three to four times a week, I don't know where you get off runnin your mouth about players watching other teams play games when your at home doing ten minute write-ups about you and your girlfr/doogie.:D

What I find amusing is you have an answer to everyone's post on this site.(let's not also forget your absentee subway backbencher who apparently missed this weeks tilt). But why is it you can't seem to back it up with results. I'll give you some credit, Inspector Flake was correct with his statement of our diabolical play in this game, but just to make you happy next time we meet we will ask the ref to only play 70 minutes so you can have bragging rights for the remainder of the season on who is the better team.:eek:

Just answer me this please, I got to know, were you that arm-flayling defender on the back line who couldn't keep his hands off the ball, maybe he/you should play in net then. As for the rest of your team I think you have some solid big boys who deserve some credit for a hard faught game, it's sad though as your team seems to choke in the end, guess it just shows character how one team(at the top) can find a way to win when down and out,where a team at the bottom seems to find a way to blow it and let's not forget to mention an excuse for everything.

Just make sure you get your doogie girl to get his weekend free for our next tilt and please just for once this year back your mouth up with some results. Cause I am pretty damn sure everyone on this damn site is gettin tired of you and your wife from subway runnin your mouths when you sit near the bottom of the charts.:p

Take what I say as motivation so our next game will mean something valuable other than you fighting relegation.

p.s. I guess I can expect doogie to reply in your defense, so tell you what why don't you guys hook up on your regular friday night swing at the regular disco jock night and ponder of the perfect response to my post. While you guys do that I'll continue with my teammates to fight for promotion to the top spot. BACK YOUR MOUTH WITH RESULTS.:knvb:

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans morons

Binger Barfme -- you have no class or credibility when you post under that name. Do you really want to define yourself purely by mockery? Stick to just one TTP account ok you moron?

All of you fcuking Lobbans posting here, you are headless chickens clucking your way blind around the farmyard. If you recall (BIG IF), you have been predicting huge blowouts against Bingers Army all season, yet you barely come from behind in a 3-2 game and you talk as if you are a class above them. Oh, they're good on set pieces, they're tall, your assessments don't really explain why you were down two goals to a team that you previously were picking for automatic relegation.

As you are obviously a group of muckers just like Bingers, I would suggest that stop shooting your adolescent mouths off (re: Subway) and figure out how to improve your mediocrity before any of you become an authority on good football.

max

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
maxi-pad, these supposed muckers have a whole lot more points than your bunch of muckers:D :D Our game level was low, but that's usually the case when you play the lesser(Bingers) teams. Thats always been the case, where you only play well enough to win, which is what we did! I'm sure there was rust from both teams having not played for 2 weeks along with training sessions becoming increasingly difficult to get in due to the lack of light. We were only able to train the once in the past 2 weeks and I understand Point Grey can't find anywhere to train at all. Now we're back on the twice a week program, so hopefully we'll improve from last weekend. I'm only hoping we get through our next game as after that we'll have our 2 natural L and R backs back playing. One through injury and the other through suspension. Let us remind you blink, us muckers have put 23 goals past our opposition, 3 times what you have so think on next time before shouting the odds.

The Inspector............!

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake,

Are fields in that much of a shortage?

If so, perhaps the city should consider building more training facilities than the new 30000 Whitecap stadium downtown I heard of on the weekend.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
conclusion

We're all muckers if we play in Div.1 :)

Even if we are African superstars. Even if the Div.1 we're talking about is in the Chiswick and District Sunday Football League :)

max

ps. A philosophical question: If a headless chicken clucks, does anybody hear? :)

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max Blink in Purple?

Max,

Bingerbarfme is a clucking turd.

I myself prefer Quiznos over Subway.

Peckin is ranked #3 on my alltime Army goaltender list. Can you believe it?

Any truth to the rumour that the German hardman will be joining the Army this year?

Any chance we will see you in the purple kit for a cameo this year?

Boogienights

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingese Fire Drill

SashiLalu,

Is there a corelation between the Wednesday binger beer session and the Bingese fire drill? Would 2 binger beer sessions help?

Boogie

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Laluland

now things are getting good. this may be my last reply in awhile as i will once again be off to my fortress of solitude on the island of Laluland for another week. but i am sure Ghost can provide some comic relief in my absence.

inspector baked: i said "weird penalty". not illegitimate. yes it hit the lad's hand. and yes, it was our lad's hand that touched the ball on the other potential pk. as for 'playing down' to our level, that just wasn't the case. we actually did a good job of neutralizing your attempts to link through Lee in the midfield and you only started to be successful when he dropped back deep and started launching long balls at our defense. yes, a game is 90 minutes. and quite frankly, as is too often the case, we ran out of gas and bodies to be able to sustain our game. the season will play out whether we are as good as i think we can be or not. but i'm guessing you won't be expecting a walk in the park the next time we line up against each other. and hey, does either team have an alternate jersey to wear?

bonger bufante: sorry, i don't have time to respond in length to your rant. ok, i do, but the idea just plain bores me. at least blake had some solid analysis. perhaps you should open up a new profile with a nic like "sashi suckass" or something really clever like that. its ok, you can use that one if you can't come up with anything better. i won't mind.

boogie: a second beer session would certainly increase the likelihood of more fire drills. but in the bigger picture, is that such a bad thing? first division, second division or over-30's, there will always be wednesday nights. (your physical brand of football was missed badly on sunday.)

*sashi

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early bird predictions for week 9

Norvan 2-2 Point Grey (Glass will enjoy this field)

Bosna 1-2 Polska (Clinton Park will keep this game tight)

Norburn 2-0 Bingers (perhaps a different story if it was on grass

;))

Lobbans ?-? Club I. (no comment)

Croatia 5-1 Van Olympics (what else is there to say?)

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
N.V. 3 - 1 P. Grey - Pt. Grey too soft at the back

Bosna 2 - 2 Polska - Bosna almost pulls out the win

Norburn 2 - 2 Bingers - Bingese Fire Drill continues to haunt

Nobbans 1 - 2 Ires - Nobs play to Ires level and lose

Croats 3 - 2 Olys - Croats up by 3 at half....Olys make it close

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares about the bottom feeders

Croatia and Polska, the top 2 teams for promotion play what seemed to be a good 2-1 game and there was no decent report on the match. Typical Croats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts