Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Realignment

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to mention the fact that players who prop up the undermanned team from the start of the year simply love being dropped to the bench to make way for the johnny come latelys.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jinky
Not to mention the fact that players who prop up the undermanned team from the start of the year simply love being dropped to the bench to make way for the johnny come latelys.
Fitting choice of words don't you think?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD's look at Group A

West Van Trollers - Always an average team, this years WVT should be no different than last year. Very predictable and very uninspiring. It will be another year of disappointment for the fags from Ambilside.

ICSF Inter- Once a very proud team that could beat anyone on their day.... a few years ago. Inter is on a steep decline and with another I-tie team in the league they are headed for the same fate as Columbus. There just isn't enough good I-tie players to fill the back-bone of two Premier teams. They will struggle to stay afloat this year.

Croatia SC `A' - By far the most improving side over the last three years, Croatia will look to get out of it's traditionally slow start to the campaign. If they succeed then a first place finish is not out of the question. Mistakenly taken for an "old" team, Croatia's main players are still in their mid to late 20's. Many of them have been playing premier men’s soccer since their teens which probably adds to the confusion.

Rino's Westside `A' - Have been on a slow decline over the past few years. Once the powerhouse of the VMSL, they are finding it more and more difficult as the older players are not able to play every weekend. They should still be able to win a provincial cup spot.

Pacific 96ers - Who the hell knows?? I'll take a guess and say they will struggle for premier survival.

SportsTown FC `A' - The laughing stock of the VMSL with their Pink kit and coloured boots. This team young 'hot shots' will find that they had a lucky season last season and will struggle in a much tougher group this year. Fcuk are those uni's ugly.

Surrey United `A'- Controversial league champions. I'm sure they think they are the cats meow with their one trophy but don't expect a repeat from a side that can't even claim to have a supporter on the sidelines at any of their games.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: CD's look at Group A

Originally posted by CDK

Croatia SC `A' - By far the most improving side over the last three years

CDK,

How can you say that?
Croatia finished with 25 points? and if it were not for Serbia, you guys would be in DIV 1.
What were your point totals over the last three years?
Did you guys finish with less than 25 points in 2000-2001?

Otherwise a rather good report on Side A.

Yours in struggling to stay in premier,

Zaurrini

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrinni,

Are you saying that if Inter was on Croatia's side instead of Serbia that Croatia would've been relegated?

Croatia had 27 pts in 2000/2001 and finished in second place in their group. Croatia has been improving on the field and talent level. Don't forget the three points taken away from Croatia this last season on a technicality. That would have made it 28 pts.

Chunger

May 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side "B" Predictions?

I'm assuming that CDK will be first to respond to this post...just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on how the other side will play out.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia = 6 points

Without Serbia, teams would not have a guaranteed 6 points.

Indo could have beat anyone on any given day...

My point was, that Croatia has not improved as much as you would like to think.

2000-2001 you guys finished second in your group, this year, you finished second last in your group.
How is that an improvment?????

Curious,

Super-Pippo

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo could have beat anyone on any given day...
PIP, you forgot to add, BUT didn't. I can't believe I'm typing this, but Croatia was waaaaay better the last half compared to the first. I think if they were on the other side they would have ended up in the same place they did on side A or maybe one or two spots higher because Sporting and Inter were crap. Sporting more so of course.

Even a wop could see the "league" had many surprises last year, like Sportstown tied on A and what about the Argies who looked like they were going to run away with it in the first half. Don't forget Westside played (for the most part) like shite during league games and didn't do that well. Nobody saw that coming at the start. Cup was obviously a different story.....:rolleyes:

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia getting better?

I usually stay clear away from anything concerning the word "Croatia" or anything that the Croatian boys have to complain about but getting better? I beg to differ...

Metro Ford took 4 of a possible 6 points away from Croatia last year. That was more points than the previous 6 years combined vs. Croatia. And we had a sub-par year!

I figure that fact alone would make last year a year to forget, much like it was for yours truly.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNoB

What is your point?

Indo COULD have....I didn't say "should have."

Re: Croatia
I agree they were a much better team in the second half, but how does that make them a better team than three years ago??? or even two years ago when they finished higher in their group.

Maybe a poll is in order???
Which team is the most improved over the last THREE years???

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need.

That's easy. Surrey United. Year 1. 1 point out of relegation Year 2. Mid pack. Year 3. Top half. Year 4. League Champs.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GROUP B

AC Milan - Already pegged as this seasons Serbia, bets are being made whether this squad will even win a game. I think they will....win a game. They just may do some pre-season poaching to get some of Inter's players. Either way, I don't see good things happening for this bunch.

Pegasus FC `A' - Is this the year they become Surrey FC from...uhm...Surrey? If Regs has officially retired, then Peg is doomed to at least a second place finish in the group.

Metro-Ford Wolves - The absolute scum of the VMSL. This vile group of degenerates think soccer is all about the 'slide tackle' and saying things like "great effort, Lad!" after a slide tackle. The team will not be able to beat the teams in this group as easily as before because their talent pool has been seriously weakened with poaching from other clubs. The only reason they will survive relegation this season is because Andrew Corazza will still score enough goals for them to win some games.

Sapperton Rovers `A' - A poor-mans version of Metro-Ford. Nobody ever really seems to care about Sapperton. Who are they? Who cares. I say they finish 4th or 5th. I really don't care.

Sporting Club `A'- Anyone from Sporting want to bet me a $100 against Croatia finishing with more points than Sporting? Cellar dwellers again along with AC Milan and possibly Metro-Ford.

Argentina Athletics - The Argies are not a bad side and do have some very talented players. Inexperience and the fact that their good players don't like to play when it's cold and raining out, or even just raining, will be their main concerns this winter. Top three finish in the group.

Burnaby Canadians - Never good enough to win anything, these guys must be the most boring team to watch in the VMSL. I suggest that nobody waste their time watching a Burnaby Canadians game. They do have a very good organization but, seriously, they are just soooo fcuking boring.

Here's how I think Group B will finish;

1. Peg 31pts
2. Argies 26pts
3. Burn 23pts
4. Saps 22pts
5. M-F 16pts
6. Sporting 10pts
7. AC Milan 9 pts

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very interesting, but need more INFO

Originally posted by CDK
GROUP B

AC Milan - Already pegged as this seasons Serbia, bets are being made whether this squad will even win a game. I think they will....win a game. They just may do some pre-season poaching to get some of Inter's players. Either way, I don't see good things happening for this bunch.

Pegasus FC `A' - Is this the year they become Surrey FC from...uhm...Surrey? If Regs has officially retired, then Peg is doomed to at least a second place finish in the group.

[
Burnaby Canadians - Never good enough to win anything, these guys must be the most boring team to watch in the VMSL. I suggest that nobody waste their time watching a Burnaby Canadians game. They do have a very good organization but, seriously, they are just soooo fcuking boring.

Here's how I think Group B will finish;

1. Peg 31pts
2. Argies 26pts
3. Burn 23pts
4. Saps 22pts
5. M-F 16pts
6. Sporting 10pts
7. AC Milan 9 pts

Very nice post, but there are bigger changes than what you put here.
Word is that two Peg players may make the move to AC Milan, one to help out with coaching, both would add alot of depth to this teams back-line, and it may encourage other players in league to move to ACM.

The FlyingCnuts may move to Slurry and it is difficult to say how many players will make the move, which would make this team alot weaker with the wings clipped.

M-F may have a coach from the Valley Premier, that may give them a resurgance, but word on the the young MF front-runner is that he could have Inter colours next year.

Sporting could be alot stronger than people think, with the possibility of Fonseca, the WhiteCaps coach leaving Sporttoon for his native countries team, bringing with him some quality players.

Don't make fun of BBY. football, it may not be as sexy as Brasil, but it is effective with very few goals scored agianst.

Inter is going to be the team to watch in August, with a coaching change and most likely many player changes. Could Benji be back after one year off. Time will tell for all.

HOS:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word is that two Peg players may make the move to AC Milan, one to help out with coaching
I've also heard this rumour... I guess it must be true then :rolleyes:

~RegslookingtocoachnewPegsquadinSlurrey.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0