Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, well done to Oor Hibee and the rest of the PAU Nation.

Represented the Valley very well and congrats on another great year.

FVSLforever

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting Club 3 PAU 1

Tale of 2 halfs really. Early on we gifted them 2 opportunities which they turned into goals and we didn't take ours. They enjoyed the wealth of possesion, but never had many chances other than the 3 goals.
Second half we changed up to a 3-4-3 and went at them for 45 minutes. Got a goal about 15 minutes in, but could finish another after that.
Sporting are a great team and a good bunch of lads off the park. Great night out at the Sticky Wicket with the PAU NAtion dominating the bar again!

Can't be overly disappointed as we had a great season over all, but thought we were our own worst enemies on the day!

Good luck to Sporting and Gorge, it should be a great final out in Chilliwack.

Peace What?

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
but never had many chances other than the 3 goals.

keeping it real DOG! if you score on your 3 chances your not really looking for 3 more are you?

Great season PAU! No TRIPLE 4 u!:cool:

Feb 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I go by the name of Liam and play for PAU. Just wanted to offer my congratulations to Sporting on a well deserved victory. You guys played well and it should be a great final. Good times in the sticky wicket. I think everyone shook hands.

After all the talk over venues and surfaces it must be said that the guys from the VISL and Gorge did a great job of hosting the games. Great turf, good facilities and a good job all round. The VISL really looked after everyone from start to finish and it was great to share a pint in the club afterwards, thanks guys.

Personally, having not made it in the VMSL it was great to see the Valley take it to the semi’s, hopefully further in years to come, perhaps the gap is closing? And congrats to the rangers on making the final, great stuff.

vislsec

Apr 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to all teams that are going to Chilliwack and thanks to those who traveled to Victoria. We were glad that even if the results weren't satisfying the stay in Victoria was.
Looking forward - hopefully - to see three trophies returning to the rock on May 10th. Should be quite a few fans over for this.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, at the end of the day sitting back and looking at it… I think we finally have a legitimate final by two deserving teams. Sporting, a few gaff’s aside, have been the best and most consistent side in the VMSL this season and the same could be said for Gorge as both teams ran away with their respective leagues. Sporting very well could have be vying for the treble had Indo not be lucky, (right Captain… ;) ) and Gorge I think are going for their treble.

Good luck to both but I’m cheering, pains me to say, Sporting despite my feelings if Surrey can’t have it no one should. I seem to be saying that a lot lately though...

Ho hum... at least it's not a Valley Team. :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought all 4 teams in the semi's deserved to be there, all 4 seeded teams, BCSA did something right, UBC top of PCSL (well second at least), PAU did the double in the FVSL, and then the two teams in the final with thier Cups.

My two bits, and it great that Slurrey U. isn't going to Chilliwack, but they did finally get an Imperial, did knvb shake hands after that?

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did, but what I want to know is were you born a prick or is it something you've steadily been working on?

fowler

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching UBC this weekend it's very hard to say they looked deserving to be in the semi's. I only saw them play the one time so maybe it was just a bad day and they did only have two subs available, so I'm not sure if they were missing some key players. On Saturday, they were totally outclassed by Gorge. The Sporting / PAU game was way more entertaining. It's just too bad (from an unbiased fan's perspective) that Sporting went up by three so quickly. The play wasn't that lopsided, but credit to Sporting for the top notch finishing. The final should be a great one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember the time HOS claimed the next time a Valley team would beat a VMSL team would be WWIII?

Vintage TTP. Good times...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you not seen what is going on in the Middle East, too bad Bush isn't in for one more term or you would have a FVSL Champ in 09 for sure.

Good luck to both Gorge and Sporting, they will have a tough act to follow with Rangers and UVic battling before them.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, how things change when you move to Slurrey and start playing out of Newton with the old Ranger boys. I love the FVSL now, Whistle Blower is the best and who doesn't love Coach K?

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the original quote had to do with the last time the valley won the cup: it was during WWII when all the VMSL teams went off to fight in the war - that was classic :D

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL league champions, Sporting Club of Vancouver, qualified for the Province Cup final by easily beating the Fraser Valley champions, Peace Arch United by a 3-1 margin in a game played at Hampton Park in Victoria. Sporting Club demonstrated its superiority by taking and 3-0 lead in the first half and then coasting comfortably through the entire second half. The VMSL champions took the lead at the 10th minute mark when Ryan Dormer, after brilliantly controlling a difficult cross with his chest, set up a streaking Ben Hunt inside the Peace Arch penalty area. Hunt proceeded to dribble by 2 defenders before slotting the ball into the back of the net. Ten minutes later, Steve Dormer set up his younger brother Ryan with a long through ball that Ryan Dormer converted into what proved to be the winning goal with a well-placed far-post shot.
After goalkeeper Brian Brum had made an amazingly acrobatic save to preserve the 2-goal lead, Sporting Club put the game out of Peace Arch’s reach when Mike Gomes beat a sliding defender before racing down the right flank and sending an impeccable cross into the penalty area. Ryan Dormer capped off a brilliant individual performance by rising above a couple of Peace Arch defenders and heading the ball home for the clincher. In the second half, Peace Arch narrowed the margin on a goal by Luke Ash, but Sporting Club continued to dominate and came close to adding to its lead on several occasions. In particular, Jag Gill and Blake Douglas already comfortable margin of victory were unfortunate not to add to the . Defensive midfielder CJ Greenside also had an outstanding game as he shut down any creative attempts by the Peace Arch team with his aggressive tackling and tenacious work rate. Sporting Club will now take on the Vancouver Island champions, Victoria Gorge FC, in the final. The match is scheduled for Saturday, May 10 at Exhibition Park in Chilliwack. Kickoff is slated for 3:00 p.m. GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!

God bless Willy for TTPing those Valley 'house leaguers'.:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You for got to include this unbiased blurb... :rolleyes:

TEAM OF THE WEEK: SPORTING CLUB OF VANCOUVER for yet another excellent performance in defeating the Fraser Valley champions, Peace Arch United, by a comfortable 3-1 margin and thus advance to the finals of the Province Cup. Led by some excellent midfield play on the part of CJ Greenside as well as some brilliant finishing by Ryan Dormer and Ben Hunt, Sporting Club totally dominated the match against the out-matched Valley team. Sporting Club will now face the Vancouver Island champions, Gorge FC, in the final. The entire VMSL fraternity wishes Sporting Club the best of luck in achieving the all-important goal of winning the Province Cup!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0