Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
admit i am amazed surrey lost to lang....but that is why we play the game...congrats to lang, and the fvsl......just returned from a few wobbly pops and the gorge domination of another weaker looking island team...bays, 4-1, coulda been 4 zip at half, but surprisingly 2-1 when bays got a pk 15 minutes into 2nd half, and altho they played better in the 2nd half, the gorge team seemed very well organized and dangerous at all times. looking forward to semi's in a few weeks, good luck to all involved!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley over SU in PK's.

Well I am a a total newb to the BC forum so I mean no disrespect but here's my take from the stands of old MAP.

Surrey had the edge in ball pos. and misssed a couple of chances early that could have possibly broken open the dam. Langley defended well giving Surrey no space in the attacking 3rd, Chucky was strong in the opening half and then some long haired guy (No disrespect meant, honestly out of the 40 or so LUFC fans nobody knew who the heck you were), played a very solid final 45 clearing numerous balls out of trouble.... Great job.

Langley's Kenny Wilson went down with a MASH like bandage job at the half when there was a head-vs-head collision and it took away some of LUFC's "balls" in the middle of the park. Langleys only offence came on a few free kicks just outside the box, but they had 3-4 good opportunities to make one count and could not.

Langley held on in the 2nd half completely, though showed up strong for the 1st OT and then turtled for the final. I myself coach a defensive style so I look at it as if it was tactical, some people might call it hanging on for a prayer.

PK's were a different story as Langley had the 12th man on the pitch, or should I say IN THE STANDS....(Read LUFC Athletics, LUFC Dynamo, Bandits, and any other Mucker haters...):wa:

Tim Wagner stopped 3? shots, 2 on the same bloke. Made a save which the referee indicated he was off his line and the guy had a redo. Wags stopped that too..... Credit also to Longhair (Sorry) for scoring on his must-score attempt.

Only a couple of downsides to the match IMO. One was the BCSA guy bitching out about beverages (get a clue you dork) and the other was the non-handshake by some SU players. cnuts.

Congrats LUFC.

PS: SU showed up ready to lose, there was no beer in their cooler. LUFC edged them out with a measily 20? or so.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 0-0 Clan....6-5 in pks for WVFC

Huge win for our team of course!!!

Good game by both teams..both teams hit the post and came close on a couple of occasions...it was back and forth for most of the game.

Xausa got a stupid red with 10 or so to go in regular time for beaking the ref and they had to pretty much sit back and hold on for pks.

We took it 6-5 in pks. Marco with a huge save on their 6th shot and Ryan Glanville finished our 6th.

Ref was ok, but both linesmen were shocking, for both teams.

Onto the winner of Sporting/Gordon Head.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would that be a FVSL team's biggest win ever over a VMSL side?

I would have to yes, but only the second biggest win ever for LUFC.

So I got on here w/ the intention of telling a bunch of lies, how LUFC dominated, were unlucky, etc. Fact is, I was skiing today at Whistler. I kid you not: 17 deg. At the Peak. Fcuking unreal. Mini Dude skied the Peak face AND Picollo face on Symphony. The boy is nuts.

Anyhow, I called KNVB to gloat, and I say, the man needs to be on suicide watch. Pretty sad. He did say Langley played w/ 9 guys packing the box, and said Tim Wagner stole the game in PKs.

I will say this: Langley was missing two very key players, including Shaun Patterson today. He would have made a difference in the attack department. Given they are not an offensive team to begin with, I think the strategy of playing for PKs was not only the best on the night, but hey…if you have a guy like Timmy in the goal, you want that chance.

Honestly, I had full intentions of rubbing this in, but I’m not going to. Very proud member and alumni today, and drove home after visiting the boys in the change room with a huge grin on my face.

Well done to former teammates Jay Newcomb, Mike Wagner, Tim Wagner, Willy Youngguy (sorry I drank your Strongbow), Kenny Wilson, Shaun Patterson, Steve Mohovolic, Chuck “Don’t call me The Golden Boy” Keeling, Gus MacDonald, and the rest of the boys. You’ve made the club very proud on this, the second biggest victory every for Langley United.

;)

ROLL ON YOU THUNDER!!!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What, so I am bad cop your good cop? my oh my have things changed.

PS Dont give GUS any credit...he sat in the stands after one of my guys busted up his beak (aka Epistaxis) in our Provincial wam up match this week..

The LUFC Dynamo take full credit for their part in preparing Wagners guys =)........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, congrats to Langley.

They came in with an obvious game plan to defend and executed it very well… I think they started 3-6-1. We should have won with the chances we created, full stop, but we simply bottled it. Great chance after chance left wanting… 4 off the top of my head were put over the bar in side the 6 and of course the longer you leave the ‘underdog’ side in games like that inevitably the confidence grows.

Incredibly painful way to go out for me personally … but Timmy gamed up big time tonight with 2 fantastic saves and followed it with an incredible PK performance, so what can you say? Tim and our piss poor finishing is the reason they are through.

Sub, seriously, get a fcuking clue, idiot...1. there was a cooler you were just too busy jerking off after the win you had nothing to do with to see it and 2. if you had ever been part of game bigger than a Div 1 cup game I may actually have taken the the fact you said the maybe 3 guys who didn't shake hands are cnuts personally.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I could be the bigger person, yes I could wait till I sobered up, yes I could say we packed the box and were lucky to hang on, yes blah blah fcuking blah......

Langley(FVSL) 1 Surrey(VMSL) 0......

We did exactly what we needed to do to compete in a game against an opponent that has played a meaningful game every week while we have sat and brooded over losing the league 5 weeks ago and crashed out of the Pak to the ND Titans, yes the Titans, no disrespect, but the Titans. Yes, Sub, we did lose to you 2-1 on Tuesday, and yes, we did have a field goal competition on Thursday night, which young JJ won by the way, but last I checked...

Langley(FVSL) 1 Surrey(VMSL) 0.

but I am blitzed, Liverpool is on in 4 and half short hours, and I must go to bed.

Some very very classy guys on Surrey, the Fowlers, Sheps, Janzens, Blakeways and others, but those that chose to sulk and not shake our hands afterwards was a touch classless.

In respect to my past adversary Crafty, I bid goodnight fearing what I will feel like at 5:30 as Liverpool set out to solidify our "We are 4th and proud of it".

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC, what's the point of going to bed now, you might just as well stay up. Anyway, as far as the Langley/Surrey game goes, it certainly felt like Surrey had more chances and better chances all game long, not to say that we didn't have our own chances. Surrey had a lot of corners and shots from good scoring positions, they had a couple of sitters go over the bar. We had a near goal that the keeper managed to pull off of the line from in close. I have to admit that an extra 30 minutes of overtime is tough on the old body. It was a fun game with some mutual respect from both sides, no dirty stuff or cheap shots. The PK's were certainly not a shooting clinic by any means. I can't remember if I've ever seen a linesman call a goal keeper for moving too early and allow the shooter a second shot in men's soccer. Quite frankly, after a shitty shot like that, he didn't deserve another, even if Timmy did move.
Anyway, it's nice to get a win after so much time off. Thanks to the Dynamos for the tune-up on Tuesday.
The real crappy part is that we have to keep training now!
Congrats also to Peace Arch, I'm glad you shut those lads up!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 1 Sooke Celtic 0 (pk's)

I have played in many provincial cup games before, but never have I felt this sore after such a tough battle... Tight, close battle all over the pitch... Meat Grinder actually brought his chainsaw into our changeroom after the match... Good times... We were screaming at the top of our lungs "Can you hear Celtic sing... NO.. No!!) After a good 5 minute laugh and beer bong "Meat Grinder" comes rolling into said changeroom with said chainsaw and kicks the shite out of us... a bit... great atmosphere with all of the Celtic fans now tammed and having their savour beers... At the end of the day this team is a work horse that would have battled any VMSL team to the end... BC Championships are finally becoming that... Many BC Champs on that Sooke squad, but many warriors still not happy with their result... Gorge is a distant memory...
To those that are about to rock... PAU salute you!!!!!!!!! :cool:

BTW, many of our Nation took in the SU vs Langely match and I will say SU had more chances off the super HUGE long ball, BUT forgot how to finish and Langley FULLY deserved the win!!! FVSL is finally getting some props!!!

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU 1 Sooke Celtic 0 (pk's)

I have played in many provincial cup games before, but never have I felt this sore after such a tough battle... Tight, close battle all over the pitch... Meat Grinder actually brought his chainsaw into our changeroom after the match... Good times... We were screaming at the top of our lungs "Can you hear Celtic sing... NO.. No!!) After a good 5 minute laugh and beer bong "Meat Grinder" comes rolling into said changeroom with said chainsaw and kicks the shite out of us... a bit... great atmosphere with all of the Celtic fans now tammed and having their savour beers... At the end of the day this team is a work horse that would have battled any VMSL team to the end... BC Championships are finally becoming that... Many BC Champs on that Sooke squad, but many warriors still not happy with their result... Gorge is a distant memory...
To those that are about to rock... PAU salute you!!!!!!!!! :cool:

BTW, many of our Nation took in the SU vs Langely match and I will say SU had more chances off the super HUGE long ball, BUT forgot how to finish and Langley FULLY deserved the win!!! FVSL is finally getting some props!!!

We'll see how you fair next week my man. Somehow I think you won't be singing the same tune.

MEAT GRINDER

Apr 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
pau great game . good battles all over the field. i think that shot by steve scott was the hardest i have ever seen of a post and then out for a goal kick 50 yards away.some good chances from both sides. I will admit im not happy with the result , but thats the way it goes. guiness class act before and after the game as well as all the other boys classy team. im sure you can get an idea what it WOOD be like to play a game at the log. best of luck the rest of the way.

I hope you guys liked the chainsaw ,i got some great looks from people carring it across the parking lot.

Meatgrinderout

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford 2 Croatia 1

took in a good game on a better afternoon. Ford up 1 - 0 at the half although I would say Croatia held a little more possession although apart from a few 25yd rips couldnt create any quality chances. Ford keeper did well to hold onto everything that came his way. The game opened up a little bit in the 2nd half yet neither team really took control. Beautiful second goal from russ huggon who did well in the air to head home a botteglieri corner. Huggon had both goals. Croatia got one with about 10 left but had nothin after that. Ford definately deserved the game and did well in not giving anything to croatias forward (johnny i think)

Metro Ford vs Peace Arch in the quarters

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: big clown

Larry Dallas: We'll see how you fair next week my man. Somehow I think you won't be singing the same tune.
Fair enough, we don't play celtic...

BTW, try snowboarding on your feet next time!!! :rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pau great game . good battles all over the field. i think that shot by steve scott was the hardest i have ever seen of a post and then out for a goal kick 50 yards away.some good chances from both sides. I will admit im not happy with the result , but thats the way it goes. guiness class act before and after the game as well as all the other boys classy team. im sure you can get an idea what it WOOD be like to play a game at the log. best of luck the rest of the way.

I hope you guys liked the chainsaw ,i got some great looks from people carring it across the parking lot.

Meatgrinderout

I wish I was in the changeroom to see that. I did that to the guys at the station one evening at around 3:00 AM. Funny the amount of fumes a 2 stroke engine can emit.

Meatgrinder, that Steve Scott fellow is an impact player. I feel that early yellow affected his game too much but that shot off the post was absolutely incredible and very, very unlucky.

You also had a good game but if I can be honest, the game appeared quite slow and some players on both teams seemed a little too tired for a Cup game. Your thoughts?

I think that if the Peace Arch striker Evans was more mobile as far as runs into the corners, they would have had more success.

But, it was a typical cup game. Players erring on the side of conservative, not wanting to make a mistake. But if you are going to win the whole thing, you need to dictate the play and Peace Arch will need to do that if they want to succeed next game. Get Evans running and you have your dictation right there.

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: little man

Fair enough, we don't play celtic...

BTW, try snowboarding on your feet next time!!! :rolleyes:

Wasn't taking the piss, just saying it will be a good test for the top Valley team to size up against arguably the hottest team in the VMSL. I agree that the Langley win last night was big for the Valley and that hopefully now the Valley can compete in this competition from now on. I actually hope you guys do well next week. It is just going to be a much tougher game.

PS

I have a brand new snowboard for sale. Used half a day. 400 bucks obo.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0