Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Promotion to premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanx Regs!
I guess we got to wait. Although i dont understand why the league wouldnt want the schedule posted early? Whats the big deal?

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

It's a different Adrian that we signed on tuesday, but i know who you are talking about also. As for the other Argentinian you speak of, i believe you are absolutely correct in your judgement. Not sure what he is going to do, but he let us know that he was already signed with you guys. We didn't know this until after training.

Cheers,
Gomesy

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's still very possible that Brent will be back with Shamrock Rovers in the Richmond league to defend our BC title.

New Head Coach, Gazza. :D

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back to predictions...

Different from years previous, RUFC training sessions for both teams has been lacking numbers (roughly 16-18 players in total). Those at training have put in great work and as a whole, we should be back to our decent fitness shortly (courtesy a whole wack of cones and Jim Frank and Jim Locke).
Many returning players, although many who are counting the days til over 35's; a handful of youth who will be counted on to develop in a hurry. Sadly, we've lost a couple of skilled players to the Richmond League.
As it stands for the A team, we look to have our usual solid defense BUT we are missing one chubby, nut-job of a goalie (Animal) and therefore are desperate for a decent goalie (otherwise I may put on the gloves). Our midfield has loads of skill and age (sorry Ginger/Willy) in the engine room, along with some pace on the outsides. Up front is classic RUFC with no natural sniper.
So, like usual, RUFC could be a threat, often taking points from the teams atop the tables, but losing many to the SHITE of the league. However, with a goalie (hopefully the round ANIMAL misses the food enough at Legends Pub) RUFC will be threat for promotion, but as Indo proved last year, it will go to a team who loses less than five points and gives up less than 20 goals against.

Cheers, and apologies for the essay.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food at legends is shite, and 25 cent chiken wings at Sportstown after training. Don't worry about your keeping woes "keepers are a dime a dozen"

Animal

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal, $0.25 chicken wings are pretty cheap, but I assume it's pretty costly for you when you sit down to...ohhh, I don't know...122 of them!!! Don't you have mortgage and car payments?
I'ld never beg, but you may as well come back to King George as Corey Bruer (sp?) is likely coming back to the almighty Fire(toon)men.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Klaus, you may as well just come over to Club Ireland, just for the hell of it. The only question I have for you is .....

"What position do you want to play?"

Captain

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As per usual...thank you for the offer Captain...I'll have to re-evaluate my (RUFC's/Club I's/Indo's) status mid-season (X-mas). I've just heard that Ciff Ave. should be a very competitive team with the likes of both Mobilio's and some other former ICSF boys. I've also heard or figured out that AFC if the African team that will have Dave Griffiths, Brent, etc which should make them competitive or at the very least offensive. Sikh Temple should compete again, Deep Cove will take some points off top teams, but RUFC should or BETTER do well this year regardless of who we're playing.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple is facing a Burnaby Fury squad on Sunday.....these guys are coming up from div.2.....anybody know anything about them?
There are pretty good matches this week in the div.1a side..alot of hype about Cliff Ave...they will face Richmond in the opener...DCR against Africa....same guys for DCR or any new pick-ups? Much anticipated hype about Africa also...do they have defense is the question...the Serbs are back ( hopefully more mature than last year:rolleyes: ) and they'll be facing a strong side of PCOV...and last it has the defensive minded Lomas against Wickham ( old Hagars ). Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Hard Ballz

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fury

If Burnaby Fury has the same team from last year they will be annihilated in every game this year. I think we beat them 5-1 in the playoffs - not a good showing on their part ... and we weren't even close to our best (had 2 defenders playing striker that game).

For their sake I hope they picked up some talent.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wind up...

HARD BALLZ,

Burnaby Fury will be the stomping mat of Div. 1 this year. Unless they've picked up a number of players, they might not get 7 points through the whole season. Go easy on them and don't run up the score :)

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it looks like deja-vu all over again.A new team formed in div.1 start signing all these premier players what is the outcome promotion.Afc(96ers) looks to be promoted and i have to say with the signings of chris clarke, ian clarke,brent,dave,sy,bucky,desmond,mandela,drew,stu gray,etc etc just to name a few.(p.s. also a defender from the a-league who used to play for the whitecaps now with a team back east will sign)this team will gain promotion and scare the shite out of a lot of premier teams.Any div.1 teams playing africa be prepared to be spanked.They have a defence and scoring will come easily.AFC good luck and see u guys soon

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
larsson is an ex-96er

Originally posted by larsson
They have a defence and scoring will come easily.AFC good luck and see u guys soon

Surprised that larsson is not making the move over to AFC, he may be Swedish, but he is a very dark skinned Swede I must say. He must like playing with the Scotish boys.

They will probably score a ton, especially if they get Benji up front, but if they get into a tight game, can their D hold the fort.

Good thing the owner of the team won the Lottery, he is going to need the cash to keep all those players supplied with black gloves in the cold winter months.

hos

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson...

Check your facts on the AFC signings buddy!.....Me thinks your still banging some waitress from BP:D ......or it could be Drew's rap on the way to Kamloops. You'll be surprised who signs and plays for what team in the opener. BTW, give yourself 3-4 games;) .

Hard Ballz

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As long as Darko and a few other players stay healthy...I think Croatia will get promoted.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fiji...

Yes, Ivor is playing this year with us and so is Zeko. We're looking forward to making another run at premiere this year!

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0