Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Promotion to premier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
promotion to premiere...

It's pretty mellow in the div.1 sides here....what's going on? Is everyone trying to keep a secret? What are the rumours? What teams chances look good for going up on both sides? Any superstars?....Rumours have it that Africa or something like that are trying to sign the Clarke's and Benji.....they are rumoured to already have Dave Griffiths and Brent.....true or not?...They might be great offensively but what about the defense?....let's get things rolling!

hardballztryingtospiceitup:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Hardballz, Dave and Brent are going to play for that squad. Like you said, defense will probably be their concern, not scoring goals. How is your squad looking this year? I assume Sikh Temple is still fielding a strong squad.

Gomesy,

Do you know of any Div. One players who are leaving their teams and going to any premier teams?

As for our team, I don't think promotion will be a possibility this year. We are desperate for numbers at the start of the season(the worst since SS coached us in 96), but this time it is due to people being out of the country for awhile, injuries, and long-term suspensions) We will be relying a lot on our younger guys this season, so we have to compete hard every week and hope for the best. I know we can do that but promotion will be a tall order right now.......

Captain

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain....

Sikh Temple should be fielding a strong team this year.....4 key signings should be taking place this weekend including a new goalie.....I'd rather not mention names until it happens. I thought Club I. would make a solid run for promotion this year....not a bad side .....what's going on? Are many of your guys from last year not coming back? I was reading the premiere thread and I guess one of the Clarke's are signed with Inter.....but what about Benji?.......taking a year off or playing over 30 or Africa?....Is the Africa team being run by the same guy from the Island who won a sh!t load of money in the lottery?...last year many guys went and played there for $$$ and beat teams 15-0.....that was a div.6 out there.....oh well, let's see what happens!

p.s.....our first game is against Burnaby Fury.....I was told by Ruben......Temple's home games to be at Hillcrest on Sunday's at 2pm.

Hard Ballz

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are many of your guys from last year not coming back?

Actually, we only have three guys(who we know about FOR SURE) who won't be playing this year. We assume Inspector Blake is going back to Lobbans. Jeff Shea is apparently going to Burnaby Canadians because it is a little closer to Fort Langley than Richmond and he works in Burnaby and another striker named Ryan Haart, who moved to Victoria. We have added Wim DeGroot, Steven Mulgrew(currently injured with groin), and Domo(currently injured with groin) from Biminis. Craig Birnham is coming into to help coach the goalies and play. Unfortunately, Gord MacIntyre has 4 more games left in his five game suspension. Dario has a two-game suspension. Stu Walters has a broken bone in his foot and might not be ready. Kagan Beaton is working on the Island until the 3rd week of September and is even working on weekends. Mike Halsey-Brandt is currently on a 'tour' across Canada and is planning on being back by Christmas. He will probably be back sooner because he will run out of money. I am injured for a change :rolleyes: , as my hip-flexors/groin are not ready to play. So we are starting short-handed and hope our young guys can step in and do the job to keep every game a competitive one. That's the reality of our situation.

Captain

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain...

Is Hank not returning?...( I think that is his name ). He came over from Argentina last year I believe. Good luck with all those injuries and guys away.

Hard Ballz

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff

any word on new signings for the ever elite Cliff Ave? i heard some stuff about a notable striker from 'A' league glory going their way...

curious,

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mario

Rumour control has the big shot stopper who kept Peg Olys respectable for so long has gone to Cliff Ave. He'll keep that mob in Div 1. for a while as well.

gaffamissingdiv1.:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Luch has confirmed that elsewhere on the forums... I believe that Jimmy Holiday as well as Johnny Holiday are there as well. Jimmy for sure.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny Holiday and Aaron Richer to Club Ireland. :rolleyes:

Hank is still there, Hardballz, as far as I know. But I've learned over the years that loyalty to team doesn't exist like it once did.....Time will tell and I'll make sure I lose sleep over it. :)

BTW, Wolves are taking the piss out of Man. U right now....

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The New Season

Yes, as previously mentioned, the Big Man will be minding the pipes for the big orange machine. Also, as Regs mentioned, both Jimmy and Johnny Holiday will also be big signings for the club. All three were in the lineup last night in our 4-2 defeat of Norburn. The trio should help out a wee bit ;)... quality.... quality.... quality....

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

Do you know of any Div. One players who are leaving their teams and going to any premier teams?

We have a few x-argentina players that have been training with us, don't know if the put the pen to paper last night but we have a few other in the works as well.

I don't think that the Dave and Brent situation is going to pan out like Africa wants it too. But who knows maybe.

Cheers
JB

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard that Dave Griffiths is going to be playing with Africatina in div. 1, but i'm not sure if Brent is going to end up there as well. As for the two ex-Argentina players at our training session last night, one of them did sign. A young lad named Adrian, not sure of his last name. I know he played for Argentina a couple of years ago, i think last year he played for someone else, but i'm not sure who. He might have been playing U-18 or U-21. Very skilled player though.

Cheers,
Gomesy

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is Adrian Sanders, he is a little older than that. He was kicked out of soccer for a year for something pretty serious. He played for Ireland in the Nations Cup a few years back. Does he not go to UBC? If not, then it probably isn't the same guy. I'm guessing the other ex-Argentina player didn't sign because he can't. He has already signed a form for Club Ireland and he will have a hard time signing for another team, unless the player phones someone by tomorrow. Perhaps we're talking about someone different and if so, please ignore the post. :)

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Adrian Sanders he is with UBC.

Captain I have no Idea what you are rambling on about

Cheers
JB

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on the schedule for this year!
I heard rumors that some teams got them already.
Is this true?
ps Watch out for Wikham FC (former hagars this year)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0