Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if there is a cup thread, but I couldn't find anything after my search.

We had the gunners on Saturday night and had a nice little comeback to win in PK's. Saw that a lot of games got canceled Sunday. Anyone know when their make-up games will be?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard they wont be making them up. In keeping with this years theme like having 6 point games and Port Moody changing their name mid season to the Fraser Valley Allstars @knvb will be conducting a coin toss that will be broadcast tomorrow night on Facebook live and periscope to decide the postponed games.

In the spirt of fair play a special 2 headed @Dude coin will be used.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The scheduling has to be a nightmare. Honestly, who knows how they will do it, but if they were to simply show all the games that have no mathematical implication as "Not played", would anyone blame them?

I have a question on the coin...is it my coin, or a two-headed coin w/ my likeness? I'd prefer my very own picture on a coin, if we can manage that. It's almost as good as getting a self-like.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Budget is tight this year @Dude

It would be to costly to have the royal canadian mint involved at this point.

Maybe TM can negotiate sponsorship for the FVSL with Whitespot and they can worked it in the deal to have a couple dozen chocolate coins wrapped with a hot stamp foil embossed logo of you.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhh, The Presidents Cup. I remember playing on a very talented Div. 2 GEU Tigers team that made the final three straight years. Lost to Surrey United the first year, beat GN the second and lost to the Mighty Rangers in OT the third.

That was in the olden days when it never snowed on the Coast, and scheduling wasn't a nightmare and Dudes hair was thick and his tips were frosted.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 5
Rowdies. 0

We outplayed them for the most part in the first half only got 1 goal on our many chances, plus a missed pk. Rowdies out played us for the first 35 mins of the second half and our goalie kept us in it, they got a red card after one of there players made a challenge and started swearing and getting aggressive with our guy, after the lost the player we potted 4 more goals. Last goal there keeper came out and laid basically what I can call a football tackle to our midfielders head after he head the ball past him, 2 forarms to the face at full speed in a dive goalie got a red and the game ended after that play. Before those last to incidents the game wasn't too bad for bad tackles or anything, hopefully our guy can recover for Sunday

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 8-0 Milan
Credit to them, they kept in classy all game, as they only had a few subs and seemingly were missing their regular keeper.

TopRight

Sep 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sentinel div3 4-2 surrey utd div 2

We were down 2-0 off a couple unlucky bounces and came back with 4 unanswered to end the game .. surrey was a good young team worked hard we just finished our chances when they couldn't

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup as top right said, we blew tons of chances and a 2 goal lead after weeks of not playing and having two games within 3 days did not work well for us, tired legs in the second half lead to them carrying most of the play and getting the win.

leftwing

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got out to abotsford today to catch the langley united c vs fraservalley blue devils today.

Blue devils controlled the play most of the game. If they could finish most of thier chances the score could have been much more. The game ended at 3-1 for the blue devils.

By the looks of it they play sentinal next round in cup. Both div 3 teams, should be a good game.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 5
Rowdies. 0

Last goal there keeper came out and laid basically what I can call a football tackle to our midfielders head after he head the ball past him, 2 forarms to the face at full speed in a dive goalie got a red and the game ended after that play. Before those last to incidents the game wasn't too bad for bad tackles or anything, hopefully our guy can recover for Sunday

That sounds pretty bush league. Hows your guy doing? With cup + condensed league matches its pretty much a war of attrition at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts