Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

Presidents Cup Round 3 MOTW

• North Delta Titans versus GEU Phoenix (Upset coming!)

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Dewdney Celtic versus Sentinel

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • LUFC Wolves - Langley Players (This game should be close...roll eyes)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • LUFC Nomads versus Sikh Utd Eagles (Kjohnsob did you pay off Bigbag for your draw?)

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • LUFC Rangers versus North Coquitlam Utd (WOW, Rangers are in round 3)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • GEU Rams versus Athletic Club BC

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i do believe i said this last year as well....but how are you guys almost at the bottom of your table in league play but come cup time you guys light it up. sure you beat a d3 team today but you have beat other good teams as well....you pulling a "ghouse" and signing superstars to make cup runs as well?:rolleyes:.....all jokes aside congrats on the win good luck next round, those gunners will keep you runnin all night....

Because they play shitty teams until the quarters and semis and thats where they lose. If they beat POMO I might give them some respect but thats doubtful.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting results and posts tonight!

ND Titans over the GEU Phoenix 2-0. Definately could and should have been more. We definately played to the level of our opponents tonight. Came out slow and were rather pathetic in the entire first half. GEU hit the post on a well struck free kick from 30 yards midway in the first. Unfortunately that was their only shot all on goal all night. In the second we finally started to play better footy and managed to score off a great strike from 35 yards out. Potted the second with 10 to go and coasted to the win.

Definately an ugly win, but a W none the less. On to an important make-up game next week to get us back on form for the Gunners. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Props to the GEU Pheonix for a well played game. Despite being a weak team (no offence), they did move the ball well and they had great efforts from #11 at the back and #7 in the middle of the park. Well done boys!

Good luck to everyone in the Elite Eight!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 for 7 we've made at least the Quarters!

I was talking to a few of my friends on the Phoenix. they told me that they where missing a few guys. and at Div3 when you miss a few of your starters you'll have a tough time against a Div2 team with a full squad. Titan4life you played against soem of those guys when they played for the RAms a few years back #7 was our top scorer that year he's a really good goal scorer. alwasy seems to find the net. and #9 has 15 goals this year himself. not bad for an old short Welsh cnut.:p

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're so funny. I can't wait until your next witty post!
I'm sorry we didn't invite you to our little pow wow. If you want pm your number and we'll arrange a little gang bang for you. Bring your whole team! We'll run a train, if that's what you want. Don't worry we'll make you meep meep meep.
Bring my team?? I'm mearly a spectator...You see I don't have anything better to do on Valentines night but to go scout out mediocre division two and three teams. Ya I usually like to bring some friends and mock other teams. We usually like to wear the same track suits and sit in the south east corner of the field and mock the other players because it makes us feel like our cokcs are growing. Then we come online and make bold predictions cause deep down we know we're the best team EVER.

Going undefeated in Division three is like winning gold in the special olympics...you're still retarded.

I"m hoping that was 'witty' enough.

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Ref's are pussies. And Shitenal are asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fukced by dicks. But dicks also fukc assholes: assholes that just want to shite on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fukc an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fukc too much or fukc when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shite that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fukc this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shite! "

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said Players over the Wolves. Thought GEU and ACBC would be closer but I can't get it all right. Looks like I will be making an appearance at the Nomads/Sentinel game in a couple of weeks hope we're not playing that day/night. Too bad LUFC Rangers aren't going to the final they were my team.
So I might need to make a 7 a side tourney thread again this year, any word if its going down again. And who's in? I know we're in for sure if we're allowed.
we'll be in for sure as well...hopefully they don't put us in the group with 3 best teams this year...

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because they play shitty teams until the quarters and semis and thats where they lose. If they beat POMO I might give them some respect but thats doubtful.

You're right, must have just fluked out every single year... Last year we managed to knock off the Rams, a very good SFC team, and it took the eventual cup winners til 5 minutes into injury time to finally get one by us. Not that any of us could care less about earning your respect, but I think we've proven our point.

SentinelCap

Nov 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone go watch the gunners and young guns game or have any information about it? 2-1 Pomo sounds like it was a pretty close entertaining game.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right, must have just fluked out every single year... Last year we managed to knock off the Rams, a very good SFC team, and it took the eventual cup winners til 5 minutes into injury time to finally get one by us. Not that any of us could care less about earning your respect, but I think we've proven our point.

"No respect, No respect I tell ya".... Well put TC. Our play has proven our point the last 6 cup runs. And this year you can't say we've played shitty teams: Pegasus, White Rock, etc. Westcoast is just bitter they always get knocked out many rounds before us.

And as for respect, we don't need it. We like being underdogs and know what we can do when we're on our game.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a lighter note, had a chance to check out the first half of the Nomads game. House, great save on the pk and rebound (gotta love that post eh!!)

ya, i know eh? so weird, saved the first, went back to the shooter, made a second leg save and it went off my defenders chest, off the post and right back to me. Kinda a crazy set of events! worked out in our favour.

Nice win Slug! Dont' worry, we know what you guys are all about and that you can do some damage in cup. But man do you guys have an easy draw! But still gotta win to get there i guess.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done on the save house, if our premier team wins looks like we'll be have to play away to players. Maybe a back to back, Nomads V.S. Sentinels, then ACBC V.S. Players. House, dont forget that chicken, thats one of the inspirations the boys think about before the games hahahah

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"No respect, No respect I tell ya".... Well put TC. Our play has proven our point the last 6 cup runs. And this year you can't say we've played shitty teams: Pegasus, White Rock, etc. Westcoast is just bitter they always get knocked out many rounds before us.

And as for respect, we don't need it. We like being underdogs and know what we can do when we're on our game.

The respect has to be there for the Titans. I tell you one thing...i have major respect for them cause they know what it takes to win this cup and show it year in and year out.

I would put my money on Titans to beat the Gunners. Why? Ill tell ya. If theres one thing I know about the Titans, they are the kings of winning low scoring close games. 1-0, 2-1 or tied and go to pks, you name it, they know how to get it done, especially in cup. And since Gunners have won both their matchs 1-0 and 2-1, its obvious that this will be a very close tilt.

gonna say tie game and Titans win in pk. My bold prediction for the Quarters! Well done Titans, hope to see ya in the finals!

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done on the save house, if our premier team wins looks like we'll be have to play away to players. Maybe a back to back, Nomads V.S. Sentinels, then ACBC V.S. Players. House, dont forget that chicken, thats one of the inspirations the boys think about before the games hahahah

LOL! I think a bunch of us Nomads will be checking out ACBC vs. Langley Premier tonight.....got a whole club pack of chicken legs sitting in my freezer. Think I might just have to pull them out and bring em to the sidelines for this one.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahaha now ur providing for the premier guys? thats unfair for our boys hahaha
hopefully see you tonight then, should be a big crowd for the game tonight

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The respect has to be there for the Titans. I tell you one thing...i have major respect for them cause they know what it takes to win this cup and show it year in and year out.

I would put my money on Titans to beat the Gunners. Why? Ill tell ya. If theres one thing I know about the Titans, they are the kings of winning low scoring close games. 1-0, 2-1 or tied and go to pks, you name it, they know how to get it done, especially in cup. And since Gunners have won both their matchs 1-0 and 2-1, its obvious that this will be a very close tilt.

gonna say tie game and Titans win in pk. My bold prediction for the Quarters! Well done Titans, hope to see ya in the finals!

So the Gunners just have to run up the score to win the next one? :rolleyes:

Terrible second half by the gunners, we should have put it away in the first, sat on our heels in the 2nd, allowing them to score on a quick counter attack. After that we went into panic mode trying to defend the 1 goal lead. No other chances other than their goal though. Should have put them away in the first, not what you would expect from an undefeated div 2 team, but these guys gave us a good run, and we were missing a couple. They will do well in div 2 next year, if they get promoted.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know you don't need my respect. I get it. I will be on the sideline for your game so prove me wrong. Underdogs maybe a little(not the same POMO team that's being running Div.2c) but you have a very good chance.

I apologize ,it's just everytime we played you guys it wasn't the toughest games. But we never played you in cup. I will be cheer for you guys Titan4life. But bring your good boots.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last year, yeah you guys did surprise alot of people. But this year you haven't been up against the toughest teams. I hope you beat POMO but it will be your first true test. Good luck.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game to the Celtic, but where are you guys? I am still waiting at the liquor store for that boot you promised! I won't say much other then it was by far the worst field I have ever seen, or played on. The worst I have seen us play probably yet this season, and we need to invest in some red/black chairs with an awning for next season cause your green gear sure looked money from our side. Anyways good game, good luck to the teams playing tonight.
First, the bet was made by Bored, who doesn't play with us. He was winding you guys up to make a bet that we'd have to pay out. Like I said on the other thread, we were lucky to field a team, and we're missing 2 of our best players (Woody & RP). Not that the result would have been much different. You guys can run all day, we almost packed up our chairs and awning half an hour before game time when we saw you guys running and warming up! We'd have left, but there were only 5 of us there by then. The fireball before the game didn't help much, and neither did the age difference... You guys didn't have anyone older than 24 or 25 out there, your old timer was born in '81 and almost all the rest in '88 for fcuk sakes!
The field was the worst I've ever seen it... like Yoda said, the snow left there for so long has trashed it. Usually one of the best fields.

I can't believe some of the other teams that made it this far. Players, Rangers ? ? They're worse than us... and we're terrible!
Sentinel 3 -1 over Gunners in the final, if it matches that way... Played both this year, and have seen most of the rest. These two are the best... ACDC and Poco Pacifiers should be the final 4... Too bad Coyotes B matched up against the mighty Celtic in the first round, they're a good team as well. Same with Stolo who were matched up against the Gunners right off... They're a god fast team.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the final was 5-1 Sentinel.
Sentinel completely took over the game in the 2nd half and missed a handful of sitters or else they would have won by a lot more. Guru was stellar between the pipes, though.:rolleyes:

Didn't see you there ... you should've stopped by bought me a pint! Cheap cnut!

Well officiated game, for the most part. He managed to keep control despite the lopsided score and many questionable tackles throughout the game. No matter what the score Sentinel are always "on." They think they should win every tackle and get mad at a team-mate when they don't. Full credit to the Celtics for keeping cool when things could have easily heated up.
Yup.... fairly good ref, but missed a few that got me pissed... first at about the 80th minute a forward went studs up on one of our defenders that went uncalled, and a terrible missed throw in call that went the wrong way and caught us for their 4th goal... Then their fifth was a mix-up when a floater came in and I called for my defender to take it, and he thought I was going to, then he nodded it into our own net.... my fault, but an own goal... Their first was an own goal as well when I cleared it off the line and it bounced off their player, then our defender and past me... Not saying those made the difference, cuz they missed so many other chances to make it closer than it should've been. The only complaint with Sentinel is that when it was already out of reach, in the last 5 minutes, they still bit in on tackles they had no chance of winning. Game in hand, not necessary... ya we got stuck in on a few that we shouldn't have, but mostly retaliating.

I stand by my prediction that they will win the President's Cup. I would also like to see them promoted right to 1st division as they belong there. Nobody in 2nd will want to play them next year.
FM
Agreed... They'll be top in top 3 or 4 in Div 2 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0