Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably one of the funnest games all year. It was a hell of a battle and could have gone either way. We went up 1-0 second half they tied it with about 30 to go. We hit the cross bar and had cleared one off our line. Good guys on PAU and good luck in the next round. Positive note with the loss is we get to try and get a league title and promotion vs a tough gunners team in 2 weeks. Cheers jbn,is21,house arrest, shoorty and strength and honor.

Sharpshooter

Nov 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been a long time since we played a game that tight. Hope we can take care of business in the next few weeks and be playing you again next season. I could get used to more games that intense. Good luck Nomads.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can honestly say Celtic played the tightest D of any team we've played all year for sure. It's no wonder they're top of the table. No time or space out there for our strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So there's still potential for a Nomads/Inter final, just hope
we don't draw each other in the semis. The other 3 teams left won't stand a chance against either of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads, Inter, Blues, and Stolo.

I don't know about not standing a chance. Stolo gave us more of a game than you guys did either time tbh. I would love to draw you guys in the semis. seen as we've played one another 3 times in the past 2 years and i've scored a hat trick in all 3 games. I've seen the Blues play and i wouldn't under estimate them either.

As for our game against Abby;
We could easy have gone 2 nothing down early but got ourselves into the game before AJ scored a beauty, then paul added another just before half on a defensive mistake from them. We added a 3rd early. Then went to sleep and all of a sudden its 3-2 and game on, until late when we score with pretty much the last touch of the game. Abby are good as people already knew, and will be top 4 in div 2 next year for sure.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis are up

Presidents Cup 1 Stolo United A - 2 - NFS Inter - 2 Willoughby TURF EAST Sat 3.30pm

Presidents Cup 2 Peace Arch Nomads - 2 - North Coquitlam Blues - 4A Willoughby TURF EAST Sat 5.30pm

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mb10, with all due respect, we played you guys tough in the first half of our first game and when you "henry'd" that ball on the breakaway and scored we sagged and fell apart... The second game was 6-5 for you guys with us up by two at one point and we had an own goal. Our second game was clearly a better game from a competitive perspective than last night. I was there and watched. You guys were tight enough defensively to win, and took some of your chances...if any of the Abbey players had a left foot or could make that decent final pass or have a go on net things could have been different. I thought abbey looked very average if I'm being honest, and believe me we have been average as well this year.
Sick goal by AJ though. I thought Abbey let themselves down by not testing your backup keeps once the starter went out hurt.

Looking forward to the blues and that Saturday afternoon at Wap.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, we're not going to overlook the Blues and don't think you should overlook Stolo either. Stolo has had some decent results of late.

Back to last night, it needs to be pointed out that Abby was missing their best CB, and their starting CM had to move back to play CB. I'm sure that with the pieces in place Abby could have given you an even better run mb10. so I'll agree with you there. I also see them as a top 4 D2 team next year and hope us Nomads wil be able to keep pace.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mb10, with all due respect, we played you guys tough in the first half of our first game and when you "henry'd" that ball on the breakaway and scored we sagged and fell apart... The second game was 6-5 for you guys with us up by two at one point and we had an own goal. Our second game was clearly a better game from a competitive perspective than last night. I was there and watched. You guys were tight enough defensively to win, and took some of your chances...if any of the Abbey players had a left foot or could make that decent final pass or have a go on net things could have been different. I thought abbey looked very average if I'm being honest, and believe me we have been average as well this year.
Sick goal by AJ though. I thought Abbey let themselves down by not testing your backup keeps once the starter went out hurt.

Looking forward to the blues and that Saturday afternoon at Wap.

The only reason i said anything is cause you guys seem to think you're better than you are. You haven't even played Stolo this year so how does IS21 know they don't have a chance? Have you even watched the Blues play or is it cause they're div 4 that they also don't stand a chance? We beat Stolo 3-0 but it was 1-0 until really late on. Despite weather or not our game was close you let in 6 two times, don't you think it's a little hard to win if you guys give up 6 goals? If we do play in the final, i honestly feel that if you win the cup it'll come down to Ryan having a great game cause otherwise you guys won't out score us. First you have to get by the Blues but of course in your minds you're already pres cup champs, might as well have the t-shirts made up prior. I remember you guys had this same attitude last year and look what happened then. :rolleyes:

sh0rty_oo7

Nov 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis are up

Presidents Cup 1 Stolo United A - 2 - NFS Inter - 2 Willoughby TURF EAST Sat 3.30pm

Presidents Cup 2 Peace Arch Nomads - 2 - North Coquitlam Blues - 4A Willoughby TURF EAST Sat 5.30pm

It also says we have to play Sun at noon in Chilliwack the next day for a makeup against Stolo.... REALLY? I'm sure neither team wants to play this one...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, we're not going to overlook the Blues and don't think you should overlook Stolo either. Stolo has had some decent results of late.

Back to last night, it needs to be pointed out that Abby was missing their best CB, and their starting CM had to move back to play CB. I'm sure that with the pieces in place Abby could have given you an even better run mb10. so I'll agree with you there. I also see them as a top 4 D2 team next year and hope us Nomads wil be able to keep pace.

Who said overlook?

I gave a prediction.....

Games will be close, cup games always are. Anything can happen

Just glad the draw is proper and the two best teams left dont face each other in semi's

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only reason i said anything is cause you guys seem to think you're better than you are. You haven't even played Stolo this year so how does IS21 know they don't have a chance? Have you even watched the Blues play or is it cause they're div 4 that they also don't stand a chance? We beat Stolo 3-0 but it was 1-0 until really late on. Despite weather or not our game was close you let in 6 two times, don't you think it's a little hard to win if you guys give up 6 goals? If we do play in the final, i honestly feel that if you win the cup it'll come down to Ryan having a great game cause otherwise you guys won't out score us. First you have to get by the Blues but of course in your minds you're already pres cup champs, might as well have the t-shirts made up prior. I remember you guys had this same attitude last year and look what happened then. :rolleyes:

I never said we're meeting in the finale. I already said that to Franny. Of Course our two teams are now the favorites based on the draws to meet up. We also have never said how good we are aside from saying we are better than your average D3/4 team when Westcoast was popping off earlier this year.

Yes our defense has been shocking at times this year, we've also been good at times. Housearrest has also "bailed us out" more than a few times, but is he not part of our team and our defense? Of course he is, he's the cornerstone of our D and our vocal leader.

We never branded ourselves the hype, thanks for that Franny! ;) We are better than we've played and we're a pretty confident group, but I wouldn't call us over the top cocky or even overly confident. Of the remaining three teams I *think* the best two teams will meet in the finals given who was left in the draw. if I go back to the beginning of the year and the cup Draw, it's shaken out right about where I'd have expected. I was surprised young guns went out early and was well pleased to knock out the Yotes who would have been favored also. Based on last year and this year your top teams for this cup would have had to have been You as defending champs, and Fox has done a great job improving the team since then, Us as finalists last year having a year of challenges and peaking near or at the right time, Yotes, Young Guns, Abby (who are way stronger than half the D2 teams imho) and even Dynamo and Stolo. Sadly the draws aren't seeded and many D2 teams got knocked out earlier than if the draw was seeded imho.

North Coquitlam hasn't played a team from D2 yet. Beat 2 D3 and 2 D4 teams.

agree franny that the draw shook out best for our teams! :wa:

~NomadsWantingToBeatTheBestToBeTheBest

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well 8 goals against in 2 games is nothing to write home about either.Stolo v nomads final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0