Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2009 / 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea clearly the better side and deserved winners on the day. Yes, Drogba was clearly offside and there were claims for penalties by both teams but without Rooney, we really missed a cutting edge up front. Valencia had his way with Zhirkov on the right side but in the final third, we just weren't good enough.

Without Rooney, we're a different side and even though we pissed on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first leg, we still managed to lose that one as well. Chelsea are clearly favourites to win the title and will do so (as I predicted at the start of the season).

The real race in England is for 4th spot with City, Liverpool, Spurs and Villa all in the running.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chelsea clearly the better side and deserved winners on the day. Yes, Drogba was clearly offside and there were claims for penalties by both teams but without Rooney, we really missed a cutting edge up front. Valencia had his way with Zhirkov on the right side but in the final third, we just weren't good enough.

Without Rooney, we're a different side and even though we pissed on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first leg, we still managed to lose that one as well. Chelsea are clearly favourites to win the title and will do so (as I predicted at the start of the season).

The real race in England is for 4th spot with City, Liverpool, Spurs and Villa all in the running.

arsenal will win the league.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
arsenal will win the league.

I think injuries will be the undoing of Arsenal this year ....... No Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin, Song & Gallas for the run in and apparently, Wenger is sweating on Campbell and Rosicky as well.

That's waaaay too many critical players out at this stage.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ I agree. I think if all their players are healthy they have a great chance. Unfortunately for Gunners fans that is not the case and at this stage in the season you need your top talent. Just ask Man U how they did without Wayne 'Who needs CR9' Rooney. With Rooney they are, and yes Walks it's the truth, unstoppable. Without him they are very beatable.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said, with Rooney - unstoppable.

Aggregate score: Wayne Rooney 4 - 0 AC Milan. The man is quite simply dominant. Such a pleasure to watch play...I wonder if AC Milan can pry him away from Old Truffle? :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if AC Milan can pry him away from Old Truffle? :D

Why on earth would he want to go play in that dump every week ?? ;)

I think the likelihood of Rooney going to Italy, let alone Milan is about the same as me playing for United next year :D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
A man can dream can't he? ;)

Truthfully I don't see Rooney ever leaving Manchester so long as Sir Alex is at the helm. What more could anyone ask for? Year in, year out Manchester competes for heaps of silverware, he is now the feature forward in the lineup and he's in his home country. There is nothing, at least in my mind, that could pull me from such a scenario. I am always baffled by fools like Cristiano McRonalds who leave similar situations.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that Rooney probably won't leave United as Ronaldo was a different situation. His boyhood club was Real Madrid and he always wanted to play there - that I can somewhat understand but he's finding out the hard way unfortunately. Even though the club is beyond rich and they splashed out an absurd amount of money in the summer to bring in Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Alonso & Arbeloa ..... it doesn't guarantee you any silverware.

Ask Kippax, he can relate :D

Last edited by a moderator:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think injuries will be the undoing of Arsenal this year ....... No Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin, Song & Gallas for the run in and apparently, Wenger is sweating on Campbell and Rosicky as well.

That's waaaay too many critical players out at this stage.

it was more hope than truth behind my last comment, i don't see arsenal winning the league although obviously they still have a good chance.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

what a dirty bastard
why not knock a couple more team mates out of the WC :rolleyes:

only a yellow??

Last edited by a moderator:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the ref (Howard Webb, who I do rate) has given JT the benefit of the doubt there as he did get a piece:rolleyes: of the ball before the follow through. Im not saying it was the right call, just what I believe the ref was thinking at the time. Credit to Milner for not rolling around like a puff and getting on with it, he is tough lad. Two strong competitors that knew what was at stake during those 90 minutes. Once they get to England base camp they'll have a laugh:cool:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CIC,

I definitely agree that Webb is excellent ...... England's best IMO and there's a reason he's going to the World Cup.

However, I think Milner is lucky his foot was planted or else that's his leg broke or his ACL gone.

Anytime you leave your feet with your studs showing at the pace Terry was going at ?? For me, it was a red card ........

Love Milner though, tough as hell and like you said mate, he just got on with it afterwards.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Q. Why do Chelsea fans whistle whilst sitting on the toilet?
A. So they know which end to wipe!

if that was anyone but JT, it would have been a red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0