Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Predictions and results from div.1a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remember this

Lean,

No matter how bad the goal is pick a defender and give him a bolicking, this will take make everyone forget about how you should have saved it.

Animal

alwayssomeonesfaultbutmine ;)

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 3 - Lamas 1

In an ugly game where very few stretches of good fotball were played (partly due to the tennis court-sized field on W. 4th), the score was 0-0 at the half.

Fifteen minutes into the 2nd, Lamas score on a defensive foul up (probably my fault...sorry Lean ;) ) and take a one goal lead. Five minutes later, some tit up front decides to do an Irish jig on my calves, follows it by telling me "I'm going to rape you!" and deservedly gets a yellow. The same dumbass, two minutes later attempts to run through our goalie doing a pirouette for a head ball...ends up on his as (well in Lean!) and gets a 2nd yellow.

Five minutes later, Normy turns twelve yards out and puts the ball top shelf. A couple of more minutes later, on of our eighteen year-olds neatly slides a ball into the far bottom corner. Five minutes later, we score our third, when AC turns a man 6 yards out, and slides his shot far stick as well. This goal was only after AC megged NO2, and NO2 weakly attempts to save face with a cheap foul to earn himself a yellow. Dazza didn't finish the game, but this may have been because Regs showed up and banned him from McBride :) or because he started his own protest over Mauritzio's continuous saying "Shut up stooopid!" to anyone who opend their mouth :( .

Anyways, a much needed three points for RUFC idiots and things can only get better.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1 - 3 RUFC

Yes Klaus is right, it was a pretty ugly game today; we played like trash. It was 0-0 when our man was sent off and we got a decent goal shortly there after. After that we were all too fatigued to deal with RUFC's pressure, and they popped three within a 10 minute span. They just wanted it more and were the better team on this day.

NO2

On to AFC next week :rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1 RUFC 3

Klaus and NO2 summed this one up about right.

An indifferent performance from the men in orange today. We did not come out full of energy and confidence like we did in the first two games. It was a strange game in that regard. We were also very sloppy with the ball at time, after working hard all week.

RUFC simply wanted it more. The Lomas sending off was disgraceful and even though we went a goal ahead afterwards, RUFC were very much bouyed by their first goal.

Kippax was a constant threat. A veritable old-fashioned English striker, being a nuisance and holding up and using the ball well.

Up until the sending off it looked like this one was heading for a tie, with neither team really creating many out and out chances.

We are much better than today, and I truly look forward to our next meeting, when we will take three points in RUFC's backyard, as we did a couple of years ago.

I don't have any complaints apart from the Lomas being lacklustre and the idiotic sending off.

Well played RUFC!

dazwhohadalongdrivehometonight:(

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In response to Willy's post in the Div 1B thread

No Willy,

If you read between the lines you will have read: "RUFC got a little lucky today with the idiotic red card the Lomas got. Up until that stage they did not get a sniff of the Lomas goal, but not much more can be said about the Lomas' chances created.

For you to knock the ability of some of our players is a bit of a joke...you had some true plumbers out there.

And whingers....my God you lot are like a bunch of girls a lot of the time.

Anyway, as I said...well done, on the 90 mins you deserved to win.

And yes...we will NOT be relegated.

We lowered our standard to yours today and paid the price.

Daz

p.p.s. Just trying to be a good boy, Almighty One

:rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just keeping tabs on the old RUFC boys. Well done today.

Dazza, did you play in the summer leaque at churchill?

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
on crack...

Dazza,

You are truly on another planet

For you to knock the ability of some of our players is a bit of a joke...you had some true plumbers out there.

I wouldn't swap any of yours for ours - we are in a transition with a lot of kids who are/will be far and away better than anything you have. Secondly that bullshit about NO2 being able to walk into any other Div 1 side - we had 2 fullbacks playing today who are twice the player he will ever be. And whilst I am on my soap box - all this for a bloke who only lasted 60mins - Willy run you into the ground?

And whingers....my God you lot are like a bunch of girls a lot of the time.

You obviously weren't standing next to and having to listen to that twat you have up front - the one who thought the tv camaras were on him and kept rolling around like a half dead salmon. Too bad, Jarvie and I were just lining him up when he got sent off.

One of the most enjoyable wins for a while - thanks for being the opposition :D

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daz
Take it how you will, I actually think you have decent team, Excluding the back four. The NO2 is not as nearly as good as you made him out to be. ANY team in Div 1, not a flippin' chance in hell , if anything I would tell teams to expose the flanks (No offence NO2 just what I saw) .

I also think that if AFC were not in this Div, It would be wide open, but they are. So everyone will battle for second. S.T. will not walk away with second, with Deep Cove,RUFC, And a very good team in Cliff Ave,( not to say the rest aren't capable). Cliff Ave will TTP out of most teams, speed is good, experience is better, it will be a good year

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave 1 Deep Cove 0

Domo tallied for us about 35 minutes into the first half after 'generating' some space for himself in the box. This was just after Tony Simone's hamstring was the target of a sniper attack as he was running down a DC player...it would have been funny if it hadn't led to a partial breakaway.
In the second we missed a few good chances in close and then got into card trouble with little Angelo (who was so bad he reminded me of the clowns doing the Lions/Bombers game earlier) and ended up with two players each receiving their second yellows with about 20 minutes to go. (It's amazing we pay these morons to ruin our games). From then it was gong show with us just kicking the ball out of our end and out of bounds trying to hang on while DC must have pumped at least 20 crosses into the box. I could hear Coach Edgar from the sidelines screaming "play Boozer ball".
Kudos to Jimmy Holiday who was man of the match with several stellar defensive plays.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all this for a bloke who only lasted 60mins - Willy run you into the ground?

Er...no...if you look in the Mulitmedia Gallery, in Misc.photos, you will see I was carrying an injury yesterday. I had a freekin' massive car washing sponge stuffed in my sock to try and protect it, but is was hurting all game. I went for the full 90 mins the previous two weeks for what it's worth. But I am getting on, I'll admit that, and I had no problem with coming off as I didn't feel I was contributing much yesterday.

We really missed one of our starting strikers yesterday. Big lad who holds the ball up well and causes endless headaches for defenders by chasing them down. The lad who was sent off was in for him and blew his chance big time.

Not sure who you or Jarvie are, but the tall lad at the back played really well for you. Seemed to be over on the left side a lot.

Daz

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kippax,

That's funny you say that. Our back four is usually our strongest part of the team. If you look at our goals against the last two years it'll show. But we had a bit of a let down yeturday and probally didn't look very impressive. No offence taken Kippax, I played like shite yesterday, I wasn't really feeling quite 100%. Or maybe I couldn't handle the pressure Daz put on me. :rolleyes:
Our Div would be wide open w/o AFC. But they only beat CA 2-0 when CA had 10 men for 70 mins. Lets not give them too much credit. But those two will probally finish 1,2. On any other day I believe all the other teams are fairly matched.

NO2

PS. I still can't believe mini Beck's plays div 2

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Loma back four is definitly one of the strongest in both sides of div 1. Being a former goalie for the Lomas I can tell you that they are very good at limiting chances. It actually got a little boring back there on numerous occations. I also believe that NO2 is one of the best defenders in div 1. He is young, quick and strong. The Lomas are a quality Div. 1 side, you can't argue this point, it is in the standings, they have been in div 1 for three years now and have improved each year. They will not get relegated.

Cheers Lawts

Lawtsalwayskeepingoneyeonhisformermates

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, but a "quality Div 1 side" doesn't lose 10 games in an 18 game season. How you think your statement can't be argued is beyond me :rolleyes:

Cheers,

~Regs.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Maybe you should hand off the riens of TTP, or maybe your eye sight has become worse in your old age. Any way you look at it your comment is nul and void, because if you look at my statment again you'll see that it also says they have improved each year. Meaning, incase your pea sized brain was unable to comprehend, that they have become a quality side they will not get relegated and will finish, more than likely in the middle of the pack. I would also like to point out that, if memory serves, they split last years games with your squad. So shove it and I will now leave you with dancing bananas. :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Cheers Lawts

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So finishing "middle of the pack" equates to a quality div 1 side in your world?

Your statement was that the proof was in the standings... I call bullshite since in your 2 years and 3 games existence in div 1, the mermaids have yet to finish with more wins than loses.

Shoving it,

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0