Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Predictions and results from div.1a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 Points

RUFC 2 : 1 Fury

We made hard work of it but with 7 U21's starting the game pleasing to get the points in the bag.

Cliches and all that.....

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent site....

It's showing that Cliff Ave is 2-0 and in first place while AFC is in the middle of the pack at 1-1.....go figure:rolleyes: .

Hard Ballz

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas vs. Temple...

Not the result we were looking for but the Lomas cramped style gave us some problems. The Lomas went up 2-0 in the first half on a 1 decent goal and one goal off a miscommunication by our keeper and defender on a corner. The second half we got a pk early and it was 2-1. Shortly after we tied it 2-2 and from then on we were all over them but could not finish. Our goalie made a couple of solid saves in that second half to help us out.

p.s...nice meeting NO2 and Dazza

Hard Ballz

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC vs Fury

Ginger, I'm sure that with the likes of wally, aidso, and yourself the average age on the field was increased substantially.:p

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wikham 3-1 Serbs.
Serbs had most of the position in the first half, but Wikham contained them pretty well defensively. Wikham picked it up in the second half and slotted one on a corner. The serbs quickly responded but suprisingly run out of gas at the end of the second half. Wikham took the lead again on a counter attack, and sealed a win after putting a penalty shot in the back of the net.

Dont underestimate Wikham FC.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC 2 CA 0

The ref was absolutely shocking both ways.As earlier posted one of our guys got 2 yellows in the first 5 minutes.I'm still trying to figure out what the 1st was for :confused: Way too card happy too early in the match.There's teams you can play against a man down and there's teams you cant and AFC definately is one you cant afford to lose a player to.They have a very good team,lightning quick and play a nice style of soccer and will be tough to beat, but even strength it would of been a better game.(not saying we would of won)but we wouldnt of had to do as much chasing.Looking forward to next weeks match against the always tough to play against DCR(seems as though they got their first game out of their system with this weeks result).

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 Lomas 2

Hardballz,

Nice to see you again too.

Lomas outplayed Temple in every department in the first half, coming off at HT, 2 goals to the good and well deserved. We did not cramp you style, rather we played with a lot of style. Perhaps in the second half your statement is more accurate.

I don't know what was said in the Temple camp at HT but it worked. They made about 4 changes and came out very strong in the second half, and basically outplayed the Lomas for most of the half. That being said, they got a little help from the ref. Their first goal was a PK, after the outstanding NO2 was adjudged to have brought down one of their players. NO2 made an excellent tackle from behind and came out with the ball cleanly, but was penalized. This was harsh on the Lomas and nice for Temple. The second goal was totally offside.

Lomas were a little upset at themselves for squandering a solid 2-0 lead, but there were a lot of positives in this performance.

Progress is well represented here by the fact that we were dissappointed to only tie, whereas in the past we would have been happy to tie Temple.

A good game all round, which will have been very good to watch.

I have said this before on here, I always enjoy playing Temple. Solid bunch of lads and always a good challenge.

The Lomas can be pleased with their solid start, but must continue to work hard in every game.

dazproudoftheladsinorange:cool:

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 2 - 2 Lomas

It was a bit of a disappoitment to give up a 2-0 halftime lead, but Temple came out hard and really took it to us. It was noticable in the second half that our fitness is not quite where it needs to be. It didn't help that we were missing a few key subs. The ref seemed to be a bit one sided in his calls, but thats the way it goes sometimes. Over-all it was a very intense game and both teams played hard.

No2

ps..at least we made it past the 20th minute with no red cards!!:rolleyes:

Biglegs

Oct 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 3 info for bookies

Next weeks arbitrary predictions.
Lomas 2 1 RUFC - Based on personal bias :D & in keeping with RU's 2-1 scorelines.
CA 2 3 DCR - DCR steals it near the end based solely on CA's agedness.
Burn 0 4 Leopards - 2 games played and looks like topish vs bottomish.
Serbs 1 3 Temple - Guessing several PK's in this game.
Wick 1 0 PC - For no good reason.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas 1-0 RUFC - RUFC not as sharp as last .
CA 2 -2 DCR - Deep cove can t beat these guys
Serbs 1- 2 Temple - Serbs dont have very good attackers.
Wick 2- 0 PC - PCOV are out of shape and old. :p

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Shouldn't you be over in Div 1B, doing some damage control after your shoc-king start?

Daz:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't you be over in Div 1B, doing some damage control after your shoc-king start?

Yes, Dazza, and you should probably attend a local soccer academy to work on your first touch. Once you get a first touch, I will worry about our shoc-king start. So I will never have to worry about this. I thought I would bring this up from our last match against your shite team. Remember this banter.....

Club I 3
Mermaids 2

If it were not for our own mental mistakes, this game easily could've been 6-1. We dominated the first 20 minutes, maybe more, and only had 1 goal to show for it. A bad miscue allowed the Mermaids to tie it up and a fair PK call had the Mermaid lad slot it to give them the lead at the half.

We turned it up a notch right from the start of the second and were rewarded with two good goals. Defensively we tightened it up and gave them nothing.

That's how I saw it anyways and I dare anyone from the mermaids to say they had anywhere near 20% of the play, nevermind 80

~Regs.

PS. What's with all the moaning that goes on in Div 1? I mean it is evident in Premier as well but at least the majority there can play a bit

Are you joking? Surely, with a team as good as yours, you will be entering the Imperial Cup. With your 4 starters missing today, you must surely be entering the Imperial Cup. We will enter the Imperial Cup, not because we are going to win it, BUT we entered last year in division TWO. Put your full team together and we will play you on a decent park and we will fcuking hammer you. You must admit, you guys were chasing all day? I'm sure with your full team, this would not have happened. Good luck in whatever cup you decide to enter. If we cross paths again, we will put some wagers on the game, I'm sure.

So you lost 7 in a row last year, Dazza, and you will do it again this year. Cheers.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was shocking during our match versus Croatia.

We should have quit in protest like the valiant Loma's last year.

N'est ce pas Dazza?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GET A LIFE!

Jinkwad,

Shut your cakehole you plumber!

Glad to see you are still an avid Lomas watcher.

As mentioned before, you've both got to get a life. Thanks for digging up all of that shite....nice way to spend a few hours.

Daz:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
delusions of grandeur.........

Good to see the more things change the more they stay the same.......class personified as ever.

Captain, you're rubbish and always have been. Don't forget that. We know the truth and the truth is you couldn't lace a 'lomas' laces. Even after they'd asked you to since most of them lack the co-ordination to successfully lace their own.

Velcro, Fastshow.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I knew Fasty was a Blue Nose

Originally posted by Fastshow
[Captain, you're rubbish and always have been. Don't forget that. We know the truth and the truth is you couldn't lace a 'lomas' laces.

Fasty welcome to the Dark Side, where we fight the evil forces of Green Hoops.

When is the Club-I/MerryLomas exhibition match to settle this once and for all.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0