Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Whitecaps Players in BC

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
When standing on a slight incline and u just cant hold it any more and need to "take the the piss" you make a stream?

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the Island, here but UVIC's Cam Hundhal (think he is from Surrey so I am sure lots of you have seen him). MVP CIS Tourney in his rookie year (must be only 18-19) is pretty impressive. Great moves, speed, touch. He is pretty special and hope the Whitecaps take note.

Martin Rennie had a chance to watch him during the friendly in February (?), so we shall see if anything happens.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cam Hundal was already with the Whitecaps. He played for their propects team which won the Fraser Valley Muckers League Division 1 title in the 2009/2010 season. Several of his teammates from that time now play on the Whitecaps PDL team. So either he chose to leave the 'Caps, or he was deemed not good enough.

Bluecard

Mar 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cam Hundal was already with the Whitecaps. He played for their propects team which won the Fraser Valley Muckers League Division 1 title in the 2009/2010 season. Several of his teammates from that time now play on the Whitecaps PDL team. So either he chose to leave the 'Caps, or he was deemed not good enough.

or he chose the glamorous route of getting an education (on scholarship):confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many of those players were on Ballbaby's '92 selects that won a national championship?

Impressive how many of those players have gone on to a higher level...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many of those players were on Ballbaby's '92 selects that won a national championship?

Cam Hundal, Gagan Josan, and Bobby Jhutty are all of my former players. That Selects 92 team I had was certainly a special team, and if 7 of my players plus the 3 of the 91's that were slated to join us for U-18 didn't move on to Whitecaps Prospects and Residency after U-16, I am confident we could have won a couple more Nationals at the U-18 level. Having said that, the team I had remaining after the advancement of my former players, became a special team as well. We competed as a top team but were really unfortunate in a couple of critical games. The quality of football was excellent. In fact we played the Whitecaps bolstered with all my former players a couple of times and lost 2-1 once, and drew on the other game.

Metro Ford Dynamo was always our main opponent, right from U-12, and their squad stayed mostly intact after u-16. The current Wolves team is filled with many of those players and they are playing exceptionally well.

Surrey United Firefighters have quite a few of my 92's, with a couple getting decent game time, but the quality of the senior players makes it a very difficult lineup to crack. Coulton Jackson (former Residency player), Steven Fronzo (Serie D Kras Repen), Graeme Spink (Xavier University), are some of my former players who see the pitch, but again, it is a tough lineup to crack.

I will say that all these players are young. They have come through a different generation than most of us certainly have. I would state that the Clarke, Kendal, Thompson, era is the last semblance of the "iron-fist" era. You know, players who were exposed to what today may be perceived as border-line abusive environments, but were actually very functional, very productive, and very HONEST environments. I think Canadian soccer produced more competitive players "back then". Society changed.....drastically. I believe the success I had with my players was based on my ability to bring back some of the "iron-fist" era, never abusive by any means, always respectful, but absolutely no sugar-coating. Honest comments that they bought into and trusted because they aren't stupid. These players appreciate it when you are "on to them" or exposed an aspect of their inner being that states you really know them and they aren't fooling you. They trained hard....ALL THE TIME!!

I hear some of the flattering comments regarding some of my players by others, and as much as I accept many of them, I also know what their limitations are and what they always need to work on if they want to continue to develop and separate themselves from others. I would be the first to tell them, and I have, that there are many players with FAR LESSER abilities, who can impact on games better than they can at times, simply due to their ability to compete. This includes soccer intelligence. This includes knowing when to tackle hard rather than dance on a ball. These young players still need senior players to guide them, and if they can get some mentorship from those remnants from the iron-fist era, they are most fortunate.

I look at Niall Thompson on SUFF. He certainly isn't as quick as he once was. He looks like he is limping when he runs. Some might say, what the hell is he doing on the pitch when he has a 20 year old player with a crap load of skill and speed on the bench? Well, Niall quite simply is willing to get his head cracked open on every challenge. When a ball gets played in the box, Niall will kill himself to get to that ball first and he loves to score. This isn't a one-off. You can take it to the bank. Jeff Clarke does not want to lose. He does not want to make one mistake. He is his own worst critic and he has extremely high standards. The young players need to see this and the old players need to guide them.

To make this relevant, these three players are going to play PDL for the CAPS. It is a great league. All three have the skill-set to play at the highest level but that doesn't mean they will. That's up to them. The players that make it to the highest level are able to process and make decisions utilizing their skill-set in the most opportune time and will flaunt their opponent. I saw how Cam Hundal literally danced around his opponents at the CIS finals last year. But come on, the opponent's defensive structure was so flawed. They were hardly linked, no shape, easy pickin's for Cam. What if the other team were compact and in good shape? Would Cam still be able to impact the game so people would take notice? If he is TOP player, he better be able to. It doesn't mean that he has to dribble Ryan Giggs style to turn heads, but rather respect his opponent's structure, and make the right decision using the right technique. Gagan Josan is a gifted player. He plays at a sophistication level that is difficult for others to understand. He is fiercely competitive, but he is a serene by nature. He needs to be more dictatorial on the pitch to allow him to establish his game. Bobby Jhutty actually does have a good blend of skill, competitiveness, toughness to play at the highest level. Bobby knows what he has to do to accomplish this. Perhaps getting back with the Whitecaps via PDL may open the door again.

Potential Whitecaps players in BC? Let's be realistic with them. Tell them what their potential is. Tell them why they are not. If they accept the comments, then they have a chance.

I miss these guys. Had them since they were little and I guess this post is an appeasement to other's expectations and me making sure they stay even keeled. It's great that others recognize their potential and are giving them a chance.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Mashinchi sat on the bench for the Caps first PDL match, and then bailed for the greener grass of Mosher's Thunderbirds in the PCSL.

Caps PDL picked up (and started today) former Quest U and Metro Ford Keeper Lucas Menz

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0