Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pool related questions & answers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The NHL Hockey Pool stuff will be up later today but while I have the time, I thought I would start this thread for any questions some TTPers might have.

Here are a few basics:

The pool is a newspaper box-style selection format. 20 groups of 10 players to select from. You will have 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 2 goalies.

The cost will be either $20 or $25 (I still haven't decided if I'd like some sort of monetary support for the site which is what the extra $5 would be all about). 80% of the pot would go to the winner, 20% minus $25 for second place, and $25 for third.

There are no goons this year but goalies will receive 0.05 points per save as bonus points and 'out' players will receive 0.25 points per penalty minutes... it'll all be explained in further detail later and with the way the pool is set-up, you will be able to compare group choices based on this pool's point system (last year's NHL stats).

Also, for any lurkers interested in this pool, you will have to have a TTP Community account.

Last year we had 19 entrants with $300 going to the winner (nobody could beat this bastard :D) and $75 going to second place... more people entered means more money for the top 2.

That's enough for now... if you're gonna enter or at least thinking about it, please post here stating so.

Cheers,

~TB.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No goons is good news!

I'm in and my son would like to enter as well...do you have any age restrictions?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Yes

Thanks for bringing this up.

You must be under 50 to enter this TTP Pool...

~TB.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Limey's out (due to age restrictions). Even though he got another 15 minutes for Norvan's Div 1 CAT team this weekend... Scarry.:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank goodness

Finally I can win a pool and feel good about it. That goon rule was shite last year. I can't function in situations like that. It is much like playing a darts match that is not the required 1m43 from the board. I had to do that in the recent Club Ireland pub night and consequently lost my championship belt....:)

Anyway, I am in, but don't let that frighten all the rest of you. Do some research at least, so you can keep me somewhat interested, as I don't want to run away and win by a couple of hundred points.

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Very nice

Jimmy Holiday,

That just might be an all-time record for quickest payment for a TTP pool entry ever... Well Done! :D

Where's the rest of the wops?

~TBwhoissuckinguptoJimmyinhopesofonedayridinginhisiroc.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The I-roc maybe when we play

Regs

Glad to see that you've received my payment,as for the other wops,i'll spread the word.Having a little trouble pulling up my team,just wanna see who i chose again,thinking of changing some of my picks,everytime i put in my name it brings me back to the screen to choose players.Please help,used to the easy officepools.com site:D

Justhavingalittletroublehere

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PM me

JH,

I don't think you can change your picks once they are in. However if you PM me, I can go in and make the changes for you.

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for your own protection

JH,

I haven't swtched your 'stats' on yet as if I did, I think others would be able to see them before they made their own and thus would be able to sponge of your vast amount of research put into making your picks.

That wouldn't be fair as only I'm supposed to be able to do that :D

Perhaps I should update every so often who has submitted their picks so far?

Here they are as of right now:

Jimmy Holiday
Regs
Kurgan
TheRob
Fanatic
Simon H.

J_B is also in there but hasn't made any picks (no doubt trying to sponge as described above.

TTPers got a bit of work to do if we're gonna get more than 20 in the pool this year...

~TBsecureinhispicks...again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hand holding services $5 per post

October 3rd 5pm (or thereabouts).

~TBwhowonderswhysomecan'tlookforanswersthemselves:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 Confimred

Lets get going all TTPers,7 entries is horrible.:mad:

With all the people posting we should easily get 20 -50 entries,$20.00 is peanuts compared to all other pools.

Captain,Jinky,Mackers,Hands of stone,Notty,CDK and all the other big mouths,put some money behind that yap of yours:p

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
regs didn't you win last years pool

J_B is also in there but hasn't made any picks (no doubt trying to sponge as described above.

Sounds like you do that well yourself regs, because didn't you win the pool last year,ummmm what a coincidence!!!!

You fcuking sponger!!!

Cheers
JB

I am in, but I have to study this game called hockey hard remember I am from Scotland and have to learn some of the rules still.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're so wrong

I don't sponge. Period.

I just make sure that certain poolsters have at least one shite pick. Just ask Captain Shamrock about Lindros last year...

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I see...

It's funny how people who never win anything attempt to deflect attention away from their woeful TTP pool performances with humour.

Period.

~TBwhoneverthoughtmahovolichwasanygood.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0