Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Peg & SU Ladies @ 2011 Nationals

BC Teams @ Nationals

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need, I am sure the SU players and the "legends" that coach them already know they won't get past a blue collar Edmonton team again, but by all means let's rejoice SU's 1-8 championship record at Nationals "choke".

You are a big fish in a small pond ladies, with all the resourses and year round weather advantage. But yes great job on beating up the local talent with ringers again! Now let's see you coach against equal or better talent. "Legend"

This could be construed as "lowering oneself" but the audacity and "over-confidence" in thrillerds' post intrigued me. You can think things like this and keep it to yourself but to publicly state the above comments goes against my best judgement and for those who choose to go that route, I am more curious than passing judgement. I sometimes (rarely) wonder if I should be so openly "blunt" sometimes.

Well, after what transpired at Nationals, I will continue communicating in my familiar fashion.., except for this small instance: thrillerds, when you are done shoveling the driveway and take off your mittens, please log on to TTP and then go pound sand!! :bye:

.........or snow!

stoonsoccer

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have followed along on here for a long time but have rarely posted but thought it necessary to post on this thread. I was at the National final today and really can't believe someone would post that BC had a 70-30 advantage in the first half of the game. In the first half SK had at least 5 or 6 great scoring chances and controlled the game completely. The game could have been over by the 30 minute mark had SK converted. The shot that hit SK post was only scoring chance of half for BC. There was a 15-20 minute stretch in second half when BC were dominating SK and had 3 great scoring chances turned aside by SK keeper. The game ended with the better team winning on the day and it's a disservice to SK's effort to suggest they fluked it out.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations on your win, Stoonsoccer. It is a VERY difficult tournament to win and it takes some luck along the way.....like it does in any championship run. Well done the Saskatchewan team but I have a feeling ICST Peg will be back again next year in Winnipeg.....God bless the Peg. :D

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thrillerd.... thanks for the words of encouragement, It felt especially good to watch as the " kids " from Alberta got schooled by a real Womens team. You should check again to see who is the big fish in a small pond. If your group can stay together and season themselves for another couple years, then you would gain more respect from the soccer community as a national contender. Good luck next season and see you in the future.......

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great run Sandman. I don't think I was the only one these past 5 days checking for updates every 15 minutes during the games. It's really too bad you didn't win it all. Thank you and the boys for bringing us BC'ers some exitement for the first time in a while at the Nationals.

Too bad really, I had my "Is this Pegs 2nd Win or Indo's 1st Win?" debate ready to go! :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have followed along on here for a long time but have rarely posted but thought it necessary to post on this thread. The game ended with the better team winning on the day and it's a disservice to SK's effort to suggest they fluked it out.
Please comment more often on a Saskatoonians' perspective, especially leading up to the Nationals. It's good to hear other opinions, just as all of us at TTP just can't get enough of Callie Larrson. Just please don't be like the 3 Saskatooners I work with.:eek:

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie et al,

Heck of a run and a heck of team you've put together. As Burnsie said, I think you will contend for many more provincial and subsequently national championships in the future. Collectively, you've represented the province very well.

Surrey United ladies........unbelievable to make 8 straight National Championships. Congratulations on gold, it looks good on you.

Gilly

stoonsoccer

Oct 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where it went but I wrote a second post on this this morning? I also watched the BC ladies final win. Great and well deserved victory but the Que goal from a free kick might have been best goal of tournament. Also watched Bc men play Que, Nl, and Sk in div play. This was a great team who would have been picked as favorites in tourney and in final. It just happened that SK put it together for this game and played their game plan to a tee. BC's victory over NL was a very dominating performance as they basically gave NL nothing and this NL team was a well trained and very fit young team. The red card vs Que was a bogus call and ref should feel shame. This was a very poorly run Nationals from schedule perspective as all games were played at same time everyday????

Whataboutbob I didn't mean to post down to BC al la Larrson!!!! I am actually not from Saskatchewan(Newfie) just happen to now live there. I attend Nationals every year and just love all that this week usually includes. Again great performances from both BC reps but men just faced a better team on this day.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saskatchewan Soccer Press Release

HUSA Alumni win Saskatchewan’s first Challenge Trophy

Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan –

The Huskie United Soccer Academy (HUSA) Alumni soccer team from Saskatoon is bringing home the Senior Men’s National Championship Challenge Trophy to Saskatchewan for the first time in the 99 year history of the competition.

After a week of tough qualifying in Brossard, Quebec the final was played out against the British Columbia’s ICST Pegasus team, and with goals from Nathan Reis in the first half and Mike Collins from the penalty spot in the second half the HUSA Alumni came away with a 2:0 victory.

Coach Stewart Gillott said he was still on cloud nine following the final whistle "I am a little bit numb, it is all just a little bit surreal, but the boys were fantastic and they got their just dessert."
The HUSA Alumni qualified for the 2011 National Championship after they won the Saskatchewan Soccer Association (SSA) Senior Premier Soccer League Competition in August. The Senior competitions are played during the outdoor season and are open to Men’s and Women’s teams within the province. Next years National Senior competitions will be played in Winnipeg, MB.

Previously Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island were the only provinces to not win the Senior Men’s Challenge Trophy but the Churchill Arms captured their first title in last year’s competition for PEI.

For more information about the information release please contact:
Kev Sumner
Saskatchewan Soccer Association

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was a very poorly run Nationals from schedule perspective as all games were played at same time everyday????

Whataboutbob I didn't mean to post down to BC al la Larrson!!!! I am actually not from Saskatchewan(Newfie) just happen to now live there. I attend Nationals every year and just love all that this week usually includes. Again great performances from both BC reps but men just faced a better team on this day.

No worries you Newfie bastard!
Its seems to me that the nationals are all about the CSA executive and not about the interest the participating teams have in the tournament as a whole - including watching as many other teams as they can. All I can say is my experience at the 2006 Nationals was very disappointing from organization, to facilities and fields, to the actual groupings (2 BC teams in 1 group - Shocking!). I recall the refereeing to be pretty good.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saskatchewan Soccer Press Release

HUSA Alumni win Saskatchewan’s first Challenge Trophy

Previously Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island were the only provinces to not win the Senior Men’s Challenge Trophy but the Churchill Arms captured their first title in last year’s competition for PEI.

For more information about the information release please contact:
Kev Sumner
Saskatchewan Soccer Association

Good to have a newcomer win.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is some food for thought: over the last week I met coaches and managers from across the country. It was a great opportunity to find out what is happening in other provinces. Here is something that really stuck out to me. Every single representative from every province that Reedie and I spoke to mentioned the grants and funds they were given for their respective trips to the Nationals. I think it is an absolute shame that an association the size of BC Soccer and the VMSL - which i would think in comparison has more members and players than several other provinces can't provide any funding. Here is an example:

Saskatchewan: $5000 from Sask Soccer and $3000 from their local mens league
British Columbia: $0 from BC Soccer and $0 from VMSL.

Dooesnt matter which team and it doesnt matter which league - VMSL, VISL or FVSL (actually forget about the FVSL :D). The BC rep should be given a grant from BC Soccer and the VMSL....its a ridiculous joke we get absolutely nothing.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman, did the women also get $0?

I'm not sure but i dont think any funding was available to them - maybe knaacks can clarify - i brought this up with Martin F - and he was in agreement that something has to be done.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman, I was under the impression that BC soccer paid for 18 player flights on return trips? At least before when I was apart of SU I believed that was all that was received. As for hotels and coaches, trainers flights that all had to be fund raised by the team. I agree that this is a joke in terms of getting funds from BC Soccer. I recall one year where they didn't have enough rooms booked at a hotel and we had to be placed in another one( with one other Province) that was booked by CSA. We weren't allowed to stay at a hotel of our choice which would have been a considerable amount cheaper!:confused: It's such a great achievement to make it there, but then all the loop holes and red tape that you go through is a joke at times. I recall Columbus almost getting a $1000 or something like that because the CSA had thought that the team wasn't respecting the 11pm curfew and this is for grown men. The funny thing was these guys weren't even out partying, but most of them had gone to one room to play some cards. It was pointed out that the players weren't in there designated rooms at curfew time. Luckily they did not end up getting the fine. I believe Charlie C was the BC rep that year and ended up helping them out with that. SU does a great job of taking care of their players and doing fund raisers through out the spring and summer to help them afford their trips and keep the cost down so that each player isn't have to shell out a few thousands bucks for the chance to compete for a national Title. MF is also a first class guy that I know, has probably donated lots of his own money to the cause!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0