Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Party Zone

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI to all the potential Tragically Hip Fans,

a mate of mine here at work just let me know, via his BFF who is working security at Robson Square, that the Hip will be playing a surprise show at Robson Square tonite...

Prolly a distraction for those shut out of the deadmau5 show at Yaletown Livecity...

Not my cup o tea, but heads up for those who like 'em...you have been warned WELL in advance.

No exact time given.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI to all the potential Tragically Hip Fans,

a mate of mine here at work just let me know, via his BFF who is working security at Robson Square, that the Hip will be playing a surprise show at Robson Square tonite...

Prolly a distraction for those shut out of the deadmau5 show at Yaletown Livecity...

Not my cup o tea, but heads up for those who like 'em...you have been warned WELL in advance.

No exact time given.

I am so angry. Stupid cup game, would LOVE to see the hip again.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nevermind, just read their lineup...
The Odds, Sam Roberts (tonight), 54-40, and Wide Mouth Mason are all playing the Surrey Venue...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heine House was unbelievably sick yesterday/night! Good times, even moreso that my 73yr old pops couldn't stop taking in the sites of the Dutch women:eek:

We got in around 3pmish (the line was smooth sailing), but this was all after waiting 40 minutes just to get into the O-zone...still worth the wait, as we were in for the hockey game, the medal presentations and everything else.

9pmish-Outside was a crazy sight for people waiting to get a refreshement from the O-zone beer garden. I'd say the line was 2,000 people deep...shocking.

Our Lady Peace rocked it great...and it was just as good inside the zone as it was from my rooftop!:wa:

Too many Heine's yesterday, too little time. Downtown tonight it is:)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't make the Heini House with SC last night but did catch OLP in the Ozone. Not a bad show and a great atmosphere, the entire turf was shoulder to shoulder just to give an idea of how many people were actually there. At the start of the show, like SC said the beer garden lineup was close to 2000 deep, by the time I left during the last song of the set, everyone had disappeared.

Deadmau5 or The Hip tonight downtown decisions decisions :D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just hoping that Gord will be in the Molson Hockey House on Sunday. It's gonna be a gong-show anyway, and that would make it amazing.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Downtown was **cking amazing last night - tons of birds... wall to wall people from Beatty to Thurlow on Robson and Granville from Hastings to Nelson .... huge riot potential if same on Sunday night and we lose to the US. Livecity Yaletown was full so walked down Marinaway (there is a walkway at the end) and took in the fireworks with a front row seat - walking around the streets was just like a rock concert - so much pot in the air ..... you just have to experience it - drove out of downtown on Hastings and no problem at all - any other way was an hour wait as the fireworks mob was huge.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in Irish House saturday, was a great time, good music, good entertainment, rowdy as fcuk crowd. Granville was a mad house and unreal when the whole street broke out into oh canada just before the mens speed skating event started. Downtown is a must do if you haven't gone. Unreal time.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that Trevor Linden showed up to the Heine house on Friday night and didn't get in, initially... I guess later he had a few peeps pull some strings for him. Apparently the Dutch don't know who he was/is...;)

Which BTW, the Heine House was going strong at 11:30pm last night.

FYI, anyone headed up to Cypress for an event...you can't get a beer after the event is over, but you can get one in the little shack at the base of the North side of the mountain. Myself and my Aussie guests were the last spectators off the mountain after aerials on Sat...We were eventually kicked out and ended up on the bus with the athletes and the staff. Lonsdale Quay was a zoo too...

If you need a break from the Granville street crowds, take a detour into the Commordore bowling lanes...beer is MUCH cheaper and the atmosphere is good (tvs, free pizza, bubble hockey and good music).

Library Square is only $10 cover but $20 after 8pm. It was great on Saturday evening, perfect spot for reloading with dinner and drinks! (very small line that moves quickly).

CIC, back to the Heine House tonight and tomorrow night???-V.I.P. backdoor express with Fun Bobbi -it pays to know some City of Richmond higher uppers:wa:;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a good scoop...

The Home | blakejorgenson.com Gallery is lending their space to Snow Magazine, and every evening they hold an informal "invite only" party between 6:00 (I think) and 9:00. Free apps and drinks. The crowd is mostly local guys and gals in the ski and riding scene. Go (tell the hostess Danny sent you), mingle, and you'll get the scoop on some good parties for later.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Republic was a mad house last night. Team Sweden members, Team Switzerland members, Team Norway, some Canucks...good time had by all. Forsberg is top notch all the way. He is very friendly, obliged photo ops, and surprisingly shorter than me :D He also confirmed he is done with the NHL. "Foppa, how is the foot?" "Not good man, not good at all."

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forsberg is top notch all the way. He is very friendly, obliged photo ops, and surprisingly shorter than me :D He also confirmed he is done with the NHL. "Foppa, how is the foot?" "Not good man, not good at all."

Do you know who wasn't friendly? Evander Kane. He looked like he wanted to shoot himself everytime someone talked to him or asked for a picture.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts