Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham & FVSL Cup Finals - Sat. April 2nd @ SSA

Who will win?

• U21 - Poco

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • U21 - Port Moody

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Presidents - PAU Nomads

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Presidents - GEU Inter

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Masters - Poco

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Masters - White Rock

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Pakenham Cup - North Delta

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Pakenham Cup - PAU

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game started with whistle.....25 seconds later there was a whistle and a goal.....the tone early showed who wanted it more

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eye witnesses at the South Surrey Cactus Club this afternoon have confirmed the Pakenham cup is still partying strong and it had more lips on it than Charlie Sheens bell end. Winning. Rumour has it the league cup may be pregnant this morning, no word on the possible father(s).

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's possible it could have hooked up with the Masters Cup in South Surrey as i believe some of it is still there on field #7. The rest may be at Samz Pub as i beleive it decided to stay after the team got tossed.
Hopefully it will all be reunited, at some point.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game started with whistle.....25 seconds later there was a whistle and a goal.....the tone early showed who wanted it more

Honestly the goal 25 seconds in was a HUGE mental error more then it was the tone being set. You give the ball away straight to the forward, who lays it off...goal. I mean can you have a worse start. To our our credit we out played Peace Arch for the first half and managed to finaly tie it up, only to have them answer 1 minute before half with another bad goal. 2-1 down at half when you have out played the top team in the league is tough to swallow. We had a breakaway in the second with a chance to tie but didn't convert. Peace Arch found a third and we started playing with 4 forwards. They know how to win, we are still learning and hopefully for the new players they see the Peace Arch swagger/arogance and realize that is what we are missing.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure 'out-played' is the correct terminology, but you created more on the counter for the latter part of the first half I'll give you that. The Free kick goal right at 45 mins was obviously big, forcing you guys to chase for the remaining 45+. We have a ton of experience which really helps. Jacko alone has 6 Pakenham's to his credit now and I think Guinness and Keegan have 5 each themselves. You can't teach that type of experience.

ND are a good bunch and will only get better. You don't get to two cup finals (despite their poor league standing) with-out having something on your side. Good job guys.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out-played may be the wrong terminology as to be honest neither team could put more then 3 passes together. I get that grass is what soccer is supposed to be played on and 3/4 of the year South Surrey is the best place to play and for this time of year it was in great shape but really I would have prefered a turf field. Not saying by any means it would have changed the result but it least it would have resembled a premier game. I know the old boys will never understand that but 80% of games are played on turf these days, why are all the finals always played on grass?

Of Keegan and Johns "5 Pak cups" how many were played at home? Seems like a pretty big mountain for teams to climb to play a grass team on their grass field every bloody year, especially when you are grasping for any excuse to make you feel better for losing. Further to my point I only had my turf boots ~Ghouse~.

Let me guess JohhnyBluenose you "like This."

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all I would like to say congrats to PAU as they are a great team, I wish I could say it was fun but it wasn't.LOL

I would also like to thank Delta for letting me play in the valley's biggest game. I wish I could have done a better job between the pipes for them. Delta is a good bunch of guys with alot of class and I think have good future!

Thanks again and goodluck to both teams next season!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: bulljive

Seriously???

posted by: sore loser grasping at straws in a 4 - 1 loss
I get that grass is what soccer is supposed to be played on and 3/4 of the year South Surrey is the best place to play and for this time of year it was in great shape but really I would have prefered a turf field.
Why? Because you can't get a decent grass park with facilities?
same loser
I know the old boys will never understand that but 80% of games are played on turf these days, why are all the finals always played on grass?
Actually, it's 50% in Premier: Chilliwack, PAU, Aldergrove, Abby & GEU
another lame attempt at?
Of Keegan and Johns "5 Pak cups" how many were played at home? Seems like a pretty big mountain for teams to climb to play a grass team on their grass field every bloody year
SSA have hosted the Pak 4 years with Mission hosting the 100th in the middle. Delta hosted the Cup 3 straight years before that at John Oliver.
Turf is killing this game... my old back, calves and knees hate it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There have been some interesting discussions/debates about turf v grass in the past little while... Interesting stuff.

Personally I prefer to play on grass, because I'm not early 20's, a bit unfit, and grass was invented by God for football to be played on.

That all being said, and I'm a PAU guy, so realize that I'm not saying this for any old reason... We (especially outside of premier) play a majority of the games on turf... so that becomes the "norm" rightly or wrongly... I get a team's frustrations... we lost our cup final. The game could have been much better between us and GEU Inter, but we played on grass and the game quickly became who could deal with the less predictable bounces, rolls, passing weights, etc... rather than who could play the best stuff.

back on topic & my sour grapes aside: PAU outclassed ND in the second half, we didn't see the first half as we were finishing getting beat by Inter, and then changing... Not sure the "surface" was really going to impact the result there too much... but I could be wrong and stand to be corrected. PAU looked fitter, stronger, and more likely to create/finish.

being in 2 cup finals in as many weekends is a great achievement in and of itself ND...even if both finals were played on the grass at SSAP :p

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: bulljive

Seriously???

Why? Because you can't get a decent grass park with facilities?

Actually, it's 50% in Premier: Chilliwack, PAU, Aldergrove, Abby & GEU

SSA have hosted the Pak 4 years with Mission hosting the 100th in the middle. Delta hosted the Cup 3 straight years before that at John Oliver.
Turf is killing this game... my old back, calves and knees hate it.

Not actually a sore loser, you guys deserved it and yes grass is way way easier on the body. I realized just how much easier over the past 2 weeks of training and playing on grass. A lot of those grass teams end up playing it least 1/3 of their home games on turf. You guys have an alternative field and so do most. All the make-up games were at Newton and Langley turf. Unfortunatly all Delta has is JO with portables and not proper facilities. We played at JO on Tuesday, the field was a fukcing sandbox in bad condition and it's a good thing it was at South Surrey for the final.
Trust me There have been many attempts to turn JO into the facility it could be but road block after road block. You can't have football stepping foot on the soccer fields ever, not if you want them to last a season. Surrey spends lots of money on sports complexes; Newton Athletic, South Surrey, Cloverdale Athletic, 3 of the top facilities in the Lower mainland all Surrey. Mackie couldn't even get the money to build a proper club house, there was supposed to be 2-3 fields built and a clubhouse. Now we have a beaten up up 10 year old carpet with a bomb shelter.
P.S The Caps play on turf for fukc sakes. You think if the Caps got a chance to host a final against a team who played on grass they would change the venue to Adnac because it's easier on the body. As you said half the teams play on turf, with the other half also using turf fields as secondary weather dependent options, why is that half ignored come the big games? I'm talking in the future as that is where this game is heading, South Surrey did a great job hosting again and I'm not trying to take that away from you guys. However open your mind up mate there is allowed to be another opinion other then your own. But then again when have you ever even considered an opinion that isn't your own.

...just want one want Pak Cup...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just can't believe someone (other than ghouse) is asking for a cup final to be played on turf over grass. How fcuking old am I?

Congrats to PAU. A great season no doubt.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Peace Arch Crew and the Po Co Old Boys.
Also big congrats to the Mvp's Jacko Reeves in the Pak Cup! Congrats Jacko, you have allways been All Class Buddy!
R P for the for Po Co. Congrats Ryan, again you could not give this award to a Classier Player or Person both on and off the Pitch.
Well done to all!
Now the real games begin and this is where you seperate the Men from the Boys.
Is this the year that Jack and the Lads get it done....From the looks of the draw. The dinner table is nicely set!
Good luck to you all.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, I'm just winding you up mate. Congrats on a well deserved MVP.
If ND stick with the program you will continue to improve.... turf or grass.;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0