Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you really want to shake hands then lets change things and shake before the game like the rest of the world and at the end of the game head to a bar together..then the looseing team can buy the beers..and pops for the guys who work in the am.

Explain the woop woop sounds etc then, that is ALL game..every game. Your team is the only one I've ever heard doing that.
ALl the other stuff is fine in my books, agreed as part of game.

brilliantsave

Jul 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The sound is just another way to call for the ball...we've done it in Nations Cup with team Carib for years. Hell, even my old university squad in the U.S did it. As for missing the pk on purpose?....wish I could honestly say I did after that attempt lol

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ghouse
i just want to point out that none of the comments above are from any one who played in that game last night, they are all from guys who by right are on the side line.
your guys sure had fun last night at our expense and there WAS a lot of piss taking on the field but its ok, cos if my guys dont like it then get better or get out.
i hate the over use of the word class on here its nothing to do with being classey or classless its just banter.
now fcuk off you shitty shirt pack of wanka's and we'll look forward to bringing you down a peg or two next year. ( or not ) :cool:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like the word class either because it is the wrong word, the word is sportmanship. It is expressed in the way you conduct yourself in blowout victories and defeat. A team who is losing by 5 goals but is still fighting to the end and not intentionally out hurting the team is showing good sportsmanship. It's okay to cheer when you score a nice goal whether it be the first or 5th but over celebrating or throwing out chest bumps and whoop whoops I have found is a bit over the top. No one is saying don't have fun, thats really why we play but when your down by 5 and another team is acting like it is a game of pick up soccer on sunday afternoon it is a bit tough to take. Though perhaps not intentional, it certainly feels like disrespect. I know it did when it happened against us. Steppy I feel the whoop whoop is an ethnic thing, played soccer my whole life never seen it, would like to see it go away personally.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually felt bad for a langley team tonight:cool:

We didn't deserve anything from this game early on, how your player hit this inside of the post from 6 and then your other missed the rebound....

Ummm...yeah. Both of those misses- by me- are fcuking eating me alive today. Two opportunities to put a dager in you missed. It's the way the game has gone for us this year.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC United 2, DFC Razorbacks 1. Ugly game tonight. They worked hard, took an unfortunate red card in the 15th minute. It was their best player, I won't say his name, but I actually thought they played better after their red. Sometimes that happens when a team goes down to 10 men they play harder and work to make up the difference. Both teams hit a cross bar late in the game and could have gone either way. Trapper made a phenomenal save with 20 minutes to go to keep them in the game. After we go O35's hopefully our two teams will get along better. A lot of unnecessary banter tonight, some of it unsportsmanlike but not classless.

JTL

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

First Pak Cup game. 2-1 PAU over Langley. First half was 0-0. We got a red card early in the 2nd half leaving us with 10 players, but soon after scored the first goal on a beautiful header from a striker. 2nd goal was also scored off of a beautiful header, unfortunately it was also an own goal, tying the game 1-1. With about 15 minutes left we were awarded a penalty shot. The goalie made the original save but the shooter got his own rebound and buried it in the corner.

Pretty sure, somewhere near the end of the first half, Langley forgot that this was a men's league...never seen so much bitching, moaning and complaining. Our player's red card was the result of 2 yellows, the first one being a LOL shove during a tackle in the corner which Langley was basically asking for the death penalty on. The 2nd being a ball we should've had but our player instead swung through, missed the ball and ended up taking out the player, this one was obviously deserving of a card, but our player had no intent to harm the guy in any way. Cheers guys.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - Dynamo 1. Tough loss for us after a big win streak. We outplayed them for alot of the game, but they defended their box really well and counter attacked just often enough to earn a few chances.

Our defenders were not very good tonight for sure, though the PK we surrendered was a dive, but none the less we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position.

PAU Played down a man for over a half, and we still failed to score.. (our goal was a PAU own goal).

Anyhow...good luck PAU next round... good group of guys.

Anyhow, win streak over, now we focus on the final two games of the season.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 - Dynamo 1. Tough loss for us after a big win streak. We outplayed them for
Anyhow...good luck PAU next round... good group of guys.

Anyhow, win streak over, now we focus on the final two games of the season.
yes the ref loved you but i dunno about this if u call shots err fluffs from 30 yards out from number 8 go nuts but don't see any reason y you won 8 plus in a row then shut it down for cup when you up 1 man up after shocking reffing that favorite you the game gl in your league games

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Premier 2
Surrey Sproting 1

We scored in the first minute then proceded to play one of our ugliest games of the year. They tied up in the last minute on a corner. We had to win it in PK's. Something of note, we had a translater on our sideline and their coach was telling them to dive in the box any chance they got. Also he told one of them to fake an injury so that he could talk to them. Why to people try to ruin our game with such tactics?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a quick recap of Friday and Saturday Games:

GEU Cobras P 0 - Athletic Club BC P 6
Port Moody Gunners D1 2 - North Delta D1 0
Poco City Reserves D1 2 - LUFC Athletic D1 1
SFC Strikers D1 0 - SFC Rangers D1 2

Aldergrove Utd D1 3 - Peace Arch Selects D1 1
Aldergrove Warriors D1 2 - Mission SC D1 3
Dewdney Razorbacks 1 - Dewdney United D1 2
Poco City FC P 3 - GEU Knights D1 1
Sikh Utd Eagles D1 0 - Abb Mariners P 7
Surrey Sporting D1 1 - Aldergrove Utd P 2
Peace Arch Utd D1 2 - LUFC Dynamo D1 1
Langley Utd P 1 - Delta Metro Utd P 0

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so what happens with the draw now?
Is there a re-draw with the winners or is there actually a bracketed system going on here?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

First Pak Cup game. 2-1 PAU over Langley. First half was 0-0. We got a red card early in the 2nd half leaving us with 10 players, but soon after scored the first goal on a beautiful header from a striker. 2nd goal was also scored off of a beautiful header, unfortunately it was also an own goal, tying the game 1-1. With about 15 minutes left we were awarded a penalty shot. The goalie made the original save but the shooter got his own rebound and buried it in the corner.

Pretty sure, somewhere near the end of the first half, Langley forgot that this was a men's league...never seen so much bitching, moaning and complaining. Our player's red card was the result of 2 yellows, the first one being a LOL shove during a tackle in the corner which Langley was basically asking for the death penalty on. The 2nd being a ball we should've had but our player instead swung through, missed the ball and ended up taking out the player, this one was obviously deserving of a card, but our player had no intent to harm the guy in any way. Cheers guys.

First of all, best of luck in your cup run. Secondly, the only bitching I heard during the game was when
A. Our guy was tackled on a break away and only got a yellow
B. When we had two well deserving chances for a pk ignored and
C. in the last minute of the game we got a free kick on the edge of the box after your defender clearly five feet inside the box; handled the ball.

Also, I should not forget to mention the pk you guys got was weak; clearly an evening up tactic by the ref for sending one of your players off earlier in the half.

Finally, on our side of the field some superfan parent who was on crutches was constantly beaking off to other spectators and yelling and shouting throughout the game. I got subbed off with 10 minutes left and so I was there on the sidelines when the ref blew the final whistle, and I heard and saw this superfan, obvious parent of one of your players; scream and jump up and down, and I swaer to God probably blew a load in his pants, what a ****ing wack job!

With that all said I am just wondering where were you on the park Matkinson?

Again, the best of luck with your cup run.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 2, scheduled for Feb. 13- 15 as posted on the FVSL website:

Abbotsford Mariners P - Peace Arch Utd P (thu)
Port Moody Gunners D1 - Trinity Western Titans D1 (fri)
SFC Rangers D1 - Chilliwack Rapids P (fri)
Poco City Reserves D1 - Aldergrove Utd D1 (fri)
Peace Arch Utd D1 - Poco City FC P (sat)
Aldergrove Utd P - Dewdney United D1 (sun)
Mission SC D1 - North Delta Lions P (sun)
Athletic Club BC P - Langley Utd P (sun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0