Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes the ref loved you but i dunno about this if u call shots err fluffs from 30 yards out from number 8 go nuts but don't see any reason y you won 8 plus in a row then shut it down for cup when you up 1 man up after shocking reffing that favorite you the game gl in your league games

For one, your post is tragic sauce.

We moved the ball around really well, and I gave you guys credit for defending your box well, hence not many shots (I think that's what you were trying to say with your fluffs comment?).

The ref was tragic, no way he helped us out, Gave you guys a PK with 15 left in the match, yeah, he loves us. He's a donk, and so are you if you think it was an advantage for us. We should have had a PK for the handball in the box, unfortunately the Linesperson didn't have the nutters to indicate...oh well...

We definately shut it down offensively for the cup game. Move on with your victory and good luck like I said next round. Good job with 10 men, and with 5-6 permit players.

Credit given, now show some intelligence and class.

Sub.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Arroyo, guess i could have just checked the next Cup Week Schedule to get that info.

smart ass :)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Leave it to a couple of newbs (Yes one of them is mine) to post PAK cup results in the D1 thread.. Either way, nice to see another Dynamo in the thread.

Hoping to get the Sikh / Dynamo makeup game done this coming weekend now.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did Aldergrove United last place, beat PAU Selects?
Nice work Aldergrove!

matkinson

Nov 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

First of all, best of luck in your cup run. Secondly, the only bitching I heard during the game was when
A. Our guy was tackled on a break away and only got a yellow
B. When we had two well deserving chances for a pk ignored and
C. in the last minute of the game we got a free kick on the edge of the box after your defender clearly five feet inside the box; handled the ball.

Also, I should not forget to mention the pk you guys got was weak; clearly an evening up tactic by the ref for sending one of your players off earlier in the half.

Finally, on our side of the field some superfan parent who was on crutches was constantly beaking off to other spectators and yelling and shouting throughout the game. I got subbed off with 10 minutes left and so I was there on the sidelines when the ref blew the final whistle, and I heard and saw this superfan, obvious parent of one of your players; scream and jump up and down, and I swaer to God probably blew a load in his pants, what a ****ing wack job!

With that all said I am just wondering where were you on the park Matkinson?

Again, the best of luck with your cup run.

-I spent the 1st half of the game with a headache because one of your parents (I'm guessing) who wouldn't shut up. Everytime we even went into a tackle the guy thought we were assaulting you guys.

-The ref missed 84039853 calls both ways, and lol at him trying to even up the game because we were a player down. The red card he gave us in the first place was bs. Div. 1 soccer is obviously rigged.

-"superfan" was the parent of the kid who got red carded. He has 2 kids on our team. Also I doubt he was jumping up and down as he's got a broken leg.

-I would be the keeper, nice to meet you :)

-This is take the piss right?

-Yes I am definately a newb, didn't see the PAK cup thread

FTR, I can definately understand how you guys finished the season so strong. You move the ball very well and have some quick talented players. GL in the future.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did Aldergrove United last place, beat PAU Selects?
Nice work Aldergrove!

Well, our season has been tanking since just before christmas when we lost our top scorer to injury and couldn't find the back of the net. Aldergrove is a fast team that is decent in the air and had better fitness than us. But honestly, they won the game because, for the first 20 min or so, it didn't look like we wanted to advance. They controlled the play and got a weak goal - good goal for them but weak defence on our part. We were giving every player on their team 5-10 yards, instead of marking tight, and they were blowing by us.

we settled a bit and tried to make a game of it. we controlled the rest of the first half, but didn't get a good chance on net, though the few we did exposed aldergrove's weakness - the goalie. Start of the second we came on strong and had a few opportunities ending up with a goal off a beautifully taken free kick just outside the 18 by our striker. Another cross in a little bit later, their keeper made a clutch save, taking the ball down right on the line with me right on his doorstep for any mishandling (bastard would control the ball well that one time:mad:).

Their other two goals were on counterattacks. Their second came when it was 1-on-1 and their forward was just faster than our d-man and he finished well. the last goal was in the last 5 min or so and we were all pushing up in their end and they ended up with a 3-on goalie scenario.

Maybe if we played with intensity and like we wanted to be there the outcome would have been different:(. But aldergrove will NOT make round 3.

GL to the rest of the div1 teams.

Figo76

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Premier 2
Surrey Sproting 1

We scored in the first minute then proceded to play one of our ugliest games of the year. They tied up in the last minute on a corner. We had to win it in PK's. Something of note, we had a translater on our sideline and their coach was telling them to dive in the box any chance they got. Also he told one of them to fake an injury so that he could talk to them. Why to people try to ruin our game with such tactics?

You guys scored with an awful mistake by our goalie keeper's clearance. But the rest of the game you guys had no clear cut chances. As for an ugly game on your part, we brought the game to you guys and you underestimated us like any typical premier team would do. As for diving in the box, not sure about that. We don't have a coach as we all coach ourselves and some of the senior guys run the team.

Skeeter

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC United 2, DFC Razorbacks 1. Ugly game tonight. They worked hard, took an unfortunate red card in the 15th minute. It was their best player, I won't say his name, but I actually thought they played better after their red. Sometimes that happens when a team goes down to 10 men they play harder and work to make up the difference. Both teams hit a cross bar late in the game and could have gone either way. Trapper made a phenomenal save with 20 minutes to go to keep them in the game. After we go O35's hopefully our two teams will get along better. A lot of unnecessary banter tonight, some of it unsportsmanlike but not classless.

JTL

A surprisingly fair and accurate sum up of the game. GL on your run.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The sound is just another way to call for the ball...we've done it in Nations Cup with team Carib for years. Hell, even my old university squad in the U.S did it. As for missing the pk on purpose?....wish I could honestly say I did after that attempt lol

Missing a PK, Ty? That's a lonely 100 yard walk back to your spot. Must've had a boner thinking about netting one. I can understand. :D

woopwoopforever

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some would think an 88 yard walk of shame is more likely, innit?

Try catching the ball with your hands not your face... the pair of you.

Attachments

• 57924386_938767d4de.jpg
    57924386_938767d4de.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 66

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it was a 110 yard field... and his water bottle was 2 yards inside his net when he went back to get a drink.

duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0