Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Owen signs for Newcastle

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Owen has signed for Newcastle

The 0, 3, and 1 Magpies could really use the help.

There you go Crafty!!!!!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad as a supporter, but hard to blame him. Guaranteed minutes at Newcastle. All about getting picked by Sven at the moment.
Interesting clause. 12M Pound escape clause at the end of the year, so we shall see. Time to move on with the mix we now have.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's good for both clubs.
And I don't mean Real.

Liverpool is fcuking crazy to get rid of Cisse to make it happen or, impair his playing time even if Owen did go back home.
Cisse will do a ton of damage this year IMO.

The Magpies deserve quality like Owen.
St. James' Park is sold out all the time and the Geordies should be challenging for a spot in Europe.
Which actually surprises me that he went there actually...
He will not only score, I guarantee he will improve morale.

It's do or die for Souness now.

RF

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Owen will appreciate the experience of playig with Shearer as well. It's good to go where yu're needed to help a team improve. As said above, NC should challenge for a spot in Europe and they did look impressive at times against the red devils. I think the fans will love him there and he'll get a lot of respect. Good for Owen.

RF: you're right that they would be crazy to dump cisse to bring owen back...the two upfront. however, would be nice to watch.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
I think Owen will appreciate the experience of playig with Shearer as well. It's good to go where yu're needed to help a team improve. As said above, NC should challenge for a spot in Europe and they did look impressive at times against Chelsea, albeit battleing with one man down. I think the fans will love him there and he'll get a lot of respect. Good for Owen.

RF: you're right that they would be crazy to dump cisse to bring owen back...the two upfront. however, would be nice to watch.

Those two are too similar, and I see one or the other ultimately running off of Crouch when he gets healthy. For me it would have been more sentimental to have him back and if that meant losing Cisse in the process, so be it. I do think Cisse will work out. Morientes is the bigger question. Not sure if he will adapt to teh england way.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm mixed. Good to see him playing for England's sake but I always hate to see ex-players so close to home. I really will not enjoy seeing him and Baros (who looked fantastic) scoring against LFC. Had to be done I suppose because I prefer what we have up front to those two at this point. England better make it past the quaters for this. :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0