Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Offseason Transactions

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the good NHL franchises are already putting millions in the pockets of shitty franchises, so I'm not sure they'd like a soft cap and be able to give more money to them. I'm not a huge fan of the soft cap, just because its boring as hell watching the same 5 or 6 teams have the only realistic shot of winning each year. I don't even watch baseball anymore because of it.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, I used to play more baseball than soccer, then it got really boring watching the Yankees, Red Sox and Braves etc (obviously not recently) be the only teams with a chance to win. And I like the Braves. So I really hope they don't institute anything like baseball's cap, as I like seeing teams have to manage themselves properly to continue to win. Detroit seems to be able to do it, why can't other teams?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you guys like seeing a new Champ in Hockey Every year and then watch them trade players away because they can't sign them or watch guys that won you a cup just walk away because you can't resign them?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you guys like seeing a new Champ in Hockey Every year and then watch them trade players away because they can't sign them or watch guys that won you a cup just walk away because you can't resign them?

No, I like seeing teams like Detroit develop a culture of winning and player development so that guys take less to play there.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One team out of 30 does it right and you like a Salary cap.God give me strength. Ladd signed a one year deal in Atlanta for 2.35 mil, I think. a bit over paid if you ask me.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladd isn't at all overpaid at that money. He's Still very young, has two cup rings, has size (6'2 200+)and can play at both ends of the ice.

perfect 3rd line winger... could put up better numbers on a bad team if on a second line with any decent players.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Opinion Ladd is a little over paid yeah he's a good two way player but he only netted 17 goals last a career high. don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Ladd's but I was thinking he would have been a 1.75 to 2mil player.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A guy like Ladd is worth more than just his point totals, evidenced by his two cup rings as a role player despite his very young age.

On Niemi, while I am NOT a fan of the cap and can't believe the owners locked us fans out of hockey to get a "good CBA" only to have certain owners and GM's finding loopholes and ways to exploit the cap to spend more money, therefore making the "good CBA" only really good for the players for the most part... The Blackhawks did this to themselves signing Huet, Campbell and others to bad contracts... they got their cup and now they will have to attempt a repeat with a galring lack of role players that will contribute (ByFckuingUglien, Ladd, Eager, Fraser, etc)

Turco at that rate for that term is a screaming deal.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anybody give me any word on the Canucks signing mitchell? Mitchell said Canucks were one of the teams interested? Hope to god they sign him!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Salo being out for so long it wouldn't be a bad move, as long as Mitchell's healthy. He has to be coming in at a reduced salary too.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mitchel will get a one year deal in Detroit, San Jose or Vancouver for about a 1.5 million and thats if the phone stops ringing in his melon.

Dec 18th can't wait :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0